Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

I'd say Wallace leaving hinges on DCE coming to us.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Geez, this rumour has lost some steam but there is still some life left in it as Gus has stated to pundits and insiders that he wants Wally as his #7 next year. The reasons why is what has me mystified but in the end I couldnt care less. He will be gone next season and finally this once great club can move forward once again. Hook may need to join him though.

I think the answer to your question is in your question ... ie Gus knows that under a sharp coach and gameplan, Wallace can infact be an effective contributor in the number 7 ...

Last edited:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Everyone who wants him to leave. He's the best thing in our halves, with no replacement in sight. Solution?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

If no DCE, then Sam Williams.

It looks as though we will only sign a top class half. May as well give Hunt a fair crack at it if we are going to sign Williams.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013

Everyone who wants him to leave. He's the best thing in our halves, with no replacement in sight. Solution?
think

Yeah Bails, Sam Williams!!!! Or Arana Taumata, Brett Firman or Ian Lacey. U have been a long time fan of the Broncos, what do u think is needed to make this club a premiership force?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

think

Yeah Bails, Sam Williams!!!! Or Arana Taumata, Brett Firman or Ian Lacey. U have been a long time fan of the Broncos, what do u think is needed to make this club a premiership force?

Ok, so we should just buy whatever is available because we're certain that Wallace is the only problem in our team?

Here's what I think we should do. Stop paying overs (assumption) for the players we have in the team. Pay them what they're worth. Wait until the right player who fits the culture, and the other team members, and throw money at him. Not too much, but not too little.

And in the mean time. The fans should clam down, and just wait.

It's fucking frustrating the Gee seems to not know that his job actually involves signing a new player. But right now, people are suggesting paying upwards of $1 million a year for players who are not worth that money, just because they feel that we simply must buy someone.

Wallace is not costing us games. How he became the spotlight of our halves issues is beyond me.

We've got Scott Prince who is way past his prime. So far past it that he can't even dive properly any more.
We've got Macca who can't play 80 minutes, even when he's been a first grade footballer for years now.
We've got Hunt who has shown glimpses of some alright plays, but he's still making some really stupid decisions on our line.
Norman has been fucking useless since he first ran out for the Broncos. Yet people on here praised him, he was the next Lockyer, amazing they said. Well they've since shutup haven't they.

The fans on here don't understand that it is going to take time to get this team back up to scratch, and back into the team that we are used to. Unfortunately the only person to blame for that is Bruno ' Fucking' Cullen. He got rid of a heap of our talent just to sign a bloke that wasn't worth the money.

Forgive me for not wanting to just throw money at the first person who becomes available.

And seriously. This being linked with every fucking player on the market off contract is god damned ridiculous.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Play Hunt in the halves. It's not that Wallace is crap, but he's on good coin and not what we need. Having that cap space free to make a move would be great.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
RE: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Don't we have millions left under the cap anyway?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Hunt would be twice the halfback Wallace is if he was given the same game time Wallace has had over the last two years........

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

Blame Norman.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

Post by Gould on his twitter:-

Phil Gould‏@gusgould911hA little bird tells me @PenrithPanthers will have an announcement tomorrow .. I'd be checking out the website around midday #pantherpride

Apparently the last time he did this was when Soward was signed.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I dunno if Wallace is worthy of a hype building announcement.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I reckon it's either peachey, Williams or Wallace. If its Wallace you would have to assume we have signed someone that will be announced soon

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I dunno if Wallace is worthy of a hype building announcement.

Other clubs would think he is

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Probably Naiqama IMO, he was apparently about to join them.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.