Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

LOLZ, whoever launched the Wallace rumour must have confused him with Capewell. :laugh:

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Well at least we got rid of Capewell, imagine if they did sign only Wallace, Capewell would probably be next in line if Prince or Hunt got injured or suspended.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Well at least we got rid of Capewell, imagine if they did sign only Wallace, Capewell would probably be next in line if Prince or Hunt got injured or suspended.
Yeah, but now if that happens, it's going to be Gillett or something. Is that really better?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

LOLZ, whoever launched the Wallace rumour must have confused him with Capewell. :laugh:

Easy enough to do...they're both petty mehhh.

Still though, I'm not letting go of this Wallace rumour. Just believing that it will happen makes me feel good inside.

EDIT: Picture avoids word filter. Since everybody can see photos only full censorship will suffice.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

based on performance, You'd surely have to add a few more to the wish list then

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Go back to penrith Wallace. You are useless. About time the broncos management started paying attention to what is actually happening and not to their own press releases.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

Wrong thread.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...er-peter-wallace/story-e6frep76-1226650498068

PENRITH are refusing to give up hope of securing Peter Wallace, with Panthers management tabling a $1.5 million deal in a bid to bring the Broncos halfback home. And a second Bronco may yet end up at the Panthers, with general manager of football Phil Gould currently in talks with out-of-favour Brisbane hooker Kurt Baptiste.
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin is hopeful Wallace will honour his existing deal, which expires at the end of 2014, after the former NSW halfback assured Griffin on Monday he did not want a release.
But Wallace's commitment is being tested. Penrith are determined to get their man and The Sunday Mail understands the club has discussed a three-year contract worth an estimated $500,000 a season that would make Wallace a Panther until the end of 2016.

1.5 million dollars....You cannot be fucking serious.

Also looks like we're on the verge of losing Baptiste.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I wouldn't enter a bidding war for Wallace, just seriously try to sign Sam Williams for now. He's going to be better soon (if not already), and you'd think he'd be cheaper.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

500k a season?

Lol. Please, please, please take it.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Wtf? Oak milk should come with a warning that it may affect your judgement and decision making.

God I hope he takes it.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013

For the life of me I just don't understand what Gus sees in him but obviously he is desperate for a replacement for Luke Walsh. I hope he gets his man, it would be a pleasure to see Wally's incompetence ruining another team's chances.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I'd happily let Wallace go, sign Sam Williams on a 2 year deal, run with Hunt @ 6 and Williams @ 7 for the next couple of seasons and see how they develop, if they play well together and steadily improve, sign them long term (Sam will also be cheaper than Wallace, which means we've still got a stack of cash to buy a Fullback; perhaps Barba or Folau)

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I wouldn't enter a bidding war for Wallace, just seriously try to sign Sam Williams for now. He's going to be better soon (if not already), and you'd think he'd be cheaper.

Couldn't agree more

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Get Williams!!!! Hunt and Williams in the halves, barba (if possible) if not kahu or Hoffman working on passing all off season, and another big prop like a TLL... And recruitment is done!!! Make it happen gee gee you lazy bastard

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Hypothetically, if that did happen and we signed Sam Williams and let Wallace go, how much would you guys be happy to throw at the likes of Barba, Folau, Tomkins to be our Fullback next season?

Barba - 600k-800k season
Folau - 800k-1m per season
Tomkins - 600k-800k per season

With the new salary cap increases, I'd happily sign any of those 3 on a several year deal for said amounts.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

If Williams was as highly sort after as some suggest he would be snapped up by now. I wouldn't say no to him but I don't think he is the guy for us.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Porthoz
  • Lazza
  • The Don
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.