Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

PWA EDIT: Bite my tongue.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

So, Wallace - staying or going? :loool:

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Unless we extend his contract he would be stupid to knock back that contract. I'd say he will go.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

If the figures are correct that they are willing to throw a $500K contract at him for three years and he is on $350K here, he would be mad not to go IMO. Plus, if you look at where the two sides are at, it really looks like the panthers on are the upswing and we are headed in the other direction.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

If the figures are correct that they are willing to throw a $500K contract at him for three years and he is on $350K here, he would be mad not to go IMO. Plus, if you look at where the two sides are at, it really looks like the panthers on are the upswing and we are headed in the other direction.

It is either that or we re-sign him on a long term deal.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I'm not opposed to signing him again. So long as he has a decent player next to him.
Exactly my opinion. Wallace can be very valuable, as long as he has a partner with the X-factor we have been lacking. Not sure whether Hunt can fulfil that role...

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

MOD EDIT: Do not discuss moderation publicly. Joking, just picked up on the last page of this thread and it seems as though I'm in a communist country.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

It is either that or we re-sign him on a long term deal.

God no ........it was a mistake signing him again in the first place.

Surely even Andrew Gee can't be that stupid.

and the comments about "he'll be ok with a creative player beside him" is laughable.

Corey Norman has proven creative ability .......most of the good things Brisbane have done this year in attack, Norman has been a central figure in. Last year, Norman beside Wallace was said to be a failure......hard to argue against. Get him away from Wallace and it has all opened back up for him again.

Prince is a creative player.......and Wallace still looks no different. In fact I firmly believe that Prince has been hobbled by having to play with Wallace.

Even Lockyer had to do everything on his own and had no assistance from Wallace. On countless occassions if Lockyer was missing....Brisbane went missing.

The Broncs have been on a slow decline since 2008. No prizes for guessing who the red headed nuffy was that joined the Brisbane ranks at that time......

Whether Wallace leaves or not before his contract runs out is in the hands of the Gods. One thing's for sure, that when his contract DOES run out...he should be shown the door, immediately.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

Norman is a selfish player, not a creative player. I don't see how he managed to prove anything? If anything he has improved slightly this year by getting out of the halves so he isn't a main focal point for our attack and can chime in when he wants.

And Wall had shown a lot in the past he could play without Lockyer, some of his best games have been without him. The decline since 2008 couldn't have anything to do with the retention of most of our side could it? We lost Ennis, K etc etc.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I can not see where all this praise for Norman's creativity comes from. He is setting up some tries now mainly because of the extra time allowed at fullback, put him
Back at 6 and he will be back to the same garbage. Norman is a ball hog and spent most of his time in the 6 taking a hit up like he's a bloody prop (something that Wallace gets shit about constantly yet Norman escaped criticism). Sometimes this would work and he would get through, but it was more the law of averages than vision or creativity.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

God no ........it was a mistake signing him again in the first place.

Surely even Andrew Gee can't be that stupid.

and the comments about "he'll be ok with a creative player beside him" is laughable.

Corey Norman has proven creative ability .......most of the good things Brisbane have done this year in attack, Norman has been a central figure in. Last year, Norman beside Wallace was said to be a failure......hard to argue against. Get him away from Wallace and it has all opened back up for him again.

Prince is a creative player.......and Wallace still looks no different. In fact I firmly believe that Prince has been hobbled by having to play with Wallace.

Even Lockyer had to do everything on his own and had no assistance from Wallace. On countless occassions if Lockyer was missing....Brisbane went missing.

The Broncs have been on a slow decline since 2008. No prizes for guessing who the red headed nuffy was that joined the Brisbane ranks at that time......

Whether Wallace leaves or not before his contract runs out is in the hands of the Gods. One thing's for sure, that when his contract DOES run out...he should be shown the door, immediately.

Wait, are you being serious? Or did you forget to watch the footy players you're talking about.

Norman is fucking hopeless.
Prince is way past is and fucking hopeless.

And then talking about Lockyer. You're proving our point. Lockyer still used Wallace, and Wallace used Lockyer.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I'm ok with losing Wallace, but only if its to get someone better. Whether people have an agenda against Wallace or not, we can't afford to be losing a player of his calibre and not replacing that with someone at least equal, preferably better

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

I'm ok with losing Wallace, but only if its to get someone better. Whether people have an agenda against Wallace or not, we can't afford to be losing a player of his calibre and not replacing that with someone at least equal, preferably better
I agree B4L, the problem is that short of a player being released or there being a contract breach situation, there is nothing on the market or in the foreseeable future that fits that criteria. If they decide to let him go it can only be on the basis that they want to create cap space for when the right player becomes available.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I think I'll be putting all my eggs in the Ashley Taylor basket. If we are to re-sign Wallace I would only be keen on a 2 year deal and not for huge money. He is a solid dependable player but he isn't the type to take control of a side.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Wait, are you being serious? Or did you forget to watch the footy players you're talking about.

Norman is fucking hopeless.
Prince is way past is and fucking hopeless.

Indeed I do watch the players I'm talking about INCLUDING Wallace......though I really have to wonder about you blokes sometimes.

Have a look at Friday nights game and tell me Norman wasn't responsible for;

Maranta's no try (stopped by Barba's swinging arm)
Hoffman's no try (Hoffman put a foot on the sideline)
Hoffman's try....threw the last pass
Kahu's try......put up a great great kick
and stopping Pritchard scoring in the 16th min, by pushing him back over the try line.

Other than the Eels game (I think) where he did have an ordinary game, he's being doing similar things all season.

Prince while he has his defensive issues.....which are IMO contributed to directly by the amount of traffic that comes his way, the Brisbane backline was in swing when he's been on the field. We looked by far more creative with Prince in the back line than we do with him missing.

A lot of you IMO can't see the forest for the trees.....Norman's fucked, Prince is fucked.....Hunt's ineffective. All of you are blind to the other link, the other player who they all have to play with

the guy who derps it up the most.

Peter Wallace.

**** him off......!

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Ben Hampton has impressed me this year, Kevvie loves him and with Widdop going he's a real shot at playing 6 next year but not too sure how long he is contracted.

He has been on the verge of a call up several times this year for the Storm, just hasn't cracked it yet.

He's another Queenslander.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Ben Hampton has impressed me this year, Kevvie loves him and with Widdop going he's a real shot at playing 6 next year but not too sure how long he is contracted.

He has been on the verge of a call up several times this year for the Storm, just hasn't cracked it yet.

He's another Queenslander.

Contracted until the end of 2014. The one game I saw him play for Easts this year was pretty good.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • leon.bott
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.