Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

the guy who derps it up the most.

Peter Wallace.

**** him off......!
exactly.

wallace is in the most important position in the team. hes our chief playmaker. problem is he doesnt have a creative bone in his body, and hes too slow at playing whats put in front of him. combine that with the second most important position, hooker, who is also too slow and not very creative, and we have a large part of why the broncos are in freefall.

wallace has pretty much been the only constant in our mediocrity since 2008. anyone that cant see that hes at least half of the problem has their ginger blinkers on. he was only made to look good next to lockyer because lockyer was so damn good. we didnt win because of lockyer and wallace, we won because of lockyer in spite of having wallace. take lockyer away and wallace had nothing. absolutely nothing.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I think all this Peter Wallace bashing is completely unacceptable. He's very solid, never takes a backward step and always gives his best for the club. The fact he's completely talentless and will never win a game off his own bat is irrelevant. He's a nice boy, we should pay him $1 million a year to keep him.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I think all this Peter Wallace bashing is completely unacceptable. He's very solid, never takes a backward step and always gives his best for the club. The fact he's completely talentless and will never win a game off his own bat is irrelevant. He's a nice boy, we should pay him $1 million a year to keep him.
Who are you going to replace him with?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Okay, what's with this myth about Prince being creative?

Because he threw a flick pass once?

Because he popped an inside ball to Norman which didn't result in anything?

He's a hack, so is Pete, but at least Wallace doesn't make himself an easy target in defence and is more consistent in earning us a repeat set.

Oh and Norman's penchant for making game-breaking mistakes is seriously pissing me off.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Come on BP, don't ruin the flow!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Yeah, sorry.

Wallace is terrible, give Taylor a go FFS!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I think realistically our side needs a balance of a steady organiser who isn't necessarily creative, but who can at least get repeat sets with a great kicking game, and someone who has a great running game and a whole heap of creativity. Someone like Hunt might become the former, and then there's Sam Williams on the market too. Wallace and Prince sort of fall into that area too. What we really lack is the latter. Norman showed some early potential that he could have been in it before 2012, but he's been a massive derp since.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I don't understand the obsession with Sam Williams either.

Okay, if he wasn't being scouted by half the competition, it'd be a good pick up but he's not the type of player you want to bother getting into a bidding war over.

He's a solid prospect, but he needs to spend some concrete time in the lesser competitions working on his game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Sam Williams would be much like a Wallace type wouldn't he? An organizer and a guy that guides the team around? He isn't a game breaker from what I have seen.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Sam Williams would be much like a Wallace type wouldn't he? An organizer and a guy that guides the team around? He isn't a game breaker from what I have seen.

Basically, except sacrifice Wallace's reliable defence for better offensive capabilities. Sam's passing, running and short distance kicking shows more promise but like a lot of young players he lacks consistency.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Basically, except sacrifice Wallace's reliable defence for better offensive capabilities. Sam's passing, running and short distance kicking shows more promise but like a lot of young players he lacks consistency.

So if we are going to sign Williams we may as well give Hunt a prolonged run in first grade?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Good question.

First off, I don't think we should sign Williams. He'd be asking too much and he simply isn't the type of player you throw a lot of cash at. If we want a promising half we'd be better off signing a Luke Keary type.

However, I've been calling for Ben Hunt's selection in the first grade side since Lockyer departed and my tune hasn't changed. Either way, Hook needs to stop playing him off the bench and allow him to develop his game. Right now, his biggest flaw is that he lacks confidence and doesn't call for the ball enough. I've liked what I've seen of him otherwise, including his much maligned long distance kicking game. I thought two of his kicks were massive, and it was bloody unlucky the second one resulted in the Barba break.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Anthony Milford anyone?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bronco bob
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.