Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

McCullough would have to step up and be more Farah like and do a lot of downfield kicks for us.

Well i hope he stays after training and does shitloads of practice.

People need to show some respect towards Wallace, sure he wasn't the most consistent half but he did what was needed outside Locky and has been with the club for many years and didn't stir up trouble. Even if he isn't very good at the moment, respect his previous accomplishments and loyalty towards the club.

Aye jarro, if only to make it more consistent.

When on song, his long distance kicking game is a big strength in his game. He's kicked a few 40/20s in his time.

Aye jarro, if only to make it more consistent.

When on song, his long distance kicking game is a big strength in his game. He's kicked a few 40/20s in his time.

But not many lately ???

I'd like to see him try more often as it can really get the team on the front foot.

Not this season, no but he snagged a few last season.

I agree that he should kick more.

I was also happy to see Norman given more opportunities to kick - he's got a strong boot on him and it surprises me how little we go to him.

Can be erratic....

IMO, the most telling factor is that neither the club nor Wallace has actually denied this. if it was BS then i would expect that either Wallace, his management or the Broncos was deny it on the record somewhere

If Peter Wallace goes it will be a huge blow to the Broncos.
I don't know what is going on at this once great club. We are leaking players at an alarming rate and not attracting any reasonable replacements. it is almost like the expectation of having the Broncos brand is too much for the current administration and they're trying to dumb it down.
I have been a fan of Wallace since he was a talented youngster at Penrith. He has been the heart and soul of this team for years and it genuinely pisses me off to hear some of the fan bois constantly knocking the bloke.

The reality is Wallace has been hampered by a series of out of touch coaches who are incapable of adapting to the modern game.
The banal nature of our current structures and strategies have been the biggest blight on the Broncos lack of impact in the competition in recent years, not Peter Wallace.
It is laughable to read the posts of some posters who are suggesting possible replacements. Talk about blind faith.
The club should be doing whatever they can to keep Wallace because he has proven, unlike many others, that he at least has the bottle to compete week in, week out.
Throw any of the current so called big names into the mix and name me one who has performed more consistently well than Wallace?
The dumbness of the current admin / coaching staff is mind boggling - the apparent inability to see what is happening in the modern game and adapt is bewildering. We are fast becoming a back water.
Hicksville.
The Broncos can't attract any decent players because, I believe, any potential player realises their game will not improve under the current mindset.
Lovely bloke Hook, but out of his depth.

The club has completely lost its way on so many levels. It was only a couple of years ago that the latest 'boom' bunch of youngsters was being talked about and the club was going to enter into a new golden era.
What has happened since?
Several have left / are leaving, which highlights this ridiculous notion of focusing on the 'future', while others haven't kicked on.
The reality is they're not learning much at the Broncos under the current regime.
Those who knock Peter Wallace need to cast their critical eye a little wider and question the contribution of his team mates and the basic game plans that get trotted out week after week.
Even considering releasing Wallace defies any semblance of any logic, but it does highlight the brain dead nature of our organisation.
Losing players that we have 'developed' and the inability to attract anyone of substance clearly identifies that our brand is at its lowest ebb.
Disgraceful administration.

Mod Edit -Spam.

Message to other members, if you post meme photos without any context that add to the thread and are only intended to demean the other poster, you can expect your post to be tended to and you may face consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:

And there is the official denial.

"BRISBANE coach Anthony Griffin says Peter Wallace has given assurances he is committed to the Broncos amid speculation the halfback wants a release to return to Penrith.

Breaking his silence on the issue, Griffin told The Courier-Mail he expected Wallace to remain at Red Hill until the end of 2014 after a private meeting with the playmaker on Monday."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...llace-is-staying/story-e6freon6-1226647917180

Bummer.

To be honest, I'm less convinced now than I was before.

Seems like Griffin was legitimately concerned by these reports and thought there was a reasonable possibility, hence specifying he spoke to Wallace after hearing about the report.

I'm sure Wallace will keep one foot here, but if the right deal is handed to him, he'll walk.

To be honest, I'm less convinced now than I was before.

Seems like Griffin was legitimately concerned by these reports and thought there was a reasonable possibility, hence specifying he spoke to Wallace after hearing about the report.

I'm sure Wallace will keep one foot here, but if the right deal is handed to him, he'll walk.

I think this pretty much sums it up

I'm gutted. I was so excited at the thought of Wallace leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like he will leave after 2014. Long time to wait if indeed he isn't looking to leave earlier.

Geez, this rumour has lost some steam but there is still some life left in it as Gus has stated to pundits and insiders that he wants Wally as his #7 next year. The reasons why is what has me mystified but in the end I couldnt care less. He will be gone next season and finally this once great club can move forward once again. Hook may need to join him though.

Gus loves the Ginge

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Redfern_1980
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Skyblues87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • mystico
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncoFan94
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.