Phil Gould must be sacked by Channel 9

Re: Phil Guild must be sacked by Channel 9

The epitome of entertainment being sitting on the fucking hill at Brookvale or Leichardt with 12,000 locals.

No vision for the long term.

Exactly!! But then we can't cut the deadwood clubs or revamp them because that would hurt the five fans that go to games. People say it's easy for us cos we are a rich club and it is true we are but scare the clubs holding us back and if their fans don't respond too bad for them. We should be an international heavy weight sport but we aren't even a national sport anywhere but PNG. What an absolute joke!!

This thread is a bit of a joke. Who says commentators need to be unbiased? Have you ever heard Australian commentators during the World Cup or Olympics?

I think the bias makes the game more entertaining, though I do think it's only fair to have someone equally bias towards QLD. Wally is easily worse than Phil.

As for the video ref conspiracy, that is the nuttiest things I've heard.

The Australian commentary at the Olympics and World Cup only goes into Australia though. Other countries don't have to listen to our bias. I for one am sick of hearing Gould talk about anything. Maybe two commentary boxes, one NSW and one QLD would be a better option. Mind you, the QLD box will probably have Tim Gilbert and Ray Hadley in it.

I miss watching channel 9 while listening to Roy and HG

I normally don't have to volume turned up when Origin is on, but for some strange reason i decided to give it a listen last night.

Totally disappointing !

The NBA/Espn is just as corrupt as the NRL/Channel 9, they've virtually rigged 3 of the last 4 draft lotteries to try and generate a rivalry between the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron's old team) and the Miami Heat (Lebron's new team)

2011 Draft - Cavaliers chances of getting the Number 1 pick ~ 19.9% - They got it
2013 Draft - Cavaliers chances of getting the Number 1 pick ~ 15.6% - They got it
2014 Draft - Cavaliers chances of getting the Number 1 pick ~ 1.7% - They got it

Corruption in sport is real, whether you like it or not.

Hell the Cavs are so bad they need all the luck/help they need. :laugh:

Not really a surprise that a former NSW coach is biased towards his filithy blues.

No one likes him in Queensland and he knows it. It just make the last 8 series win all the more sweeter.

This thread is embarrassing.

What did you expect? They haven't won in ages, their desperation was telling and I can excuse that.

Which was balanced off with Sterling doing the same.

I have no issue with equal bias in the room (Sterling V Fatty) but it has been rather one sided for a while now. The Queenslanders in the box are way too quiet.

Isn't helped by the fact that Fittler's retardedness is balanced by Wally's. Seriously never heard either of them string together a sentence that had any insight.

Absol-****ing-loutely brother.

Can I hear Super League anyone? Idea that was 25 years ahead of its time killed by the old boys because it was Murdoch dollars funding it.

Pity it was an all or nothing prospect and put us 15 years behind AFL.

The reason behind Super League was pay television. Foxtel was launched in 1995 and news really wanted the rights to Rugby League and who can blame them, the other pay tv holder Optus got the rights and news got pissed and wanted to start their own competition to bring in subscribers to Foxtel.

Their intention of expanding the game into new markets was true to some extent but in my eyes the Super League war was a battle over Pay Tv Rights for Rugby League in Australia.

This thread is embarrassing.

What did you expect? They haven't won in ages, their desperation was telling and I can excuse that.

This. No different to Fatty's "OH YEAAAAH!"

Amazing how people want to fop it all off saying what do you expect, it's the same as Fatty, etc. Totally not the point at all. The point is if this game is to grow successfully, all of this bullshit amateurism needs to go.

Amazing how people want to fop it all off saying what do you expect, it's the same as Fatty, etc. Totally not the point at all. The point is if this game is to grow successfully, all of this bullshit amateurism needs to go.

Amazing how people don't seem to realise that when it comes to opinions, people differ in their feeling towards things. I actually find the suggestion that it is holding our game back is ridiculous. But each to their own.

Amazing how people don't seem to realise that when it comes to opinions, people differ in their feeling towards things. I actually find the suggestion that it is holding our game back is ridiculous. But each to their own.

Yeah....who gives two ***** about the commentators.

David Smith and his band of PC sycophants is hurting the game more than channel nein are.

Who the **** is Phil Guild anyway?

This. No different to Fatty's "OH YEAAAAH!"

Rugby League is a business that makes money through its customers - its audience - who experience it through media. Sponsors and advertising pay a lot of money to align with that audience.

You marginalise an audience (read: millions of exisiting rugby league fans in Qld and new fans coming to the game) by offending them or portraying your one-sided-ness and turning them off your product.

Personally, I've gotten over Gus and Rabs' bias. Beating the Dragons is oh so much sweeter when Rabs pretty much goes silent when the game is out of reach.

It hurts sometimes that some Qld players are overlooked or their feats considered less ordinary by NSW media and powers that be (e.g. Andrew Johns > Darren Lockyer for immortal status) due to this bias.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.