Phil rothfield

• Thread starter Painin the Haas
  • Start date
Boyd was rubbish according to this forum
Copley was rubbish according to this forum

The general consensus on here isn't always right so maybe Maranta will come good as well, if Friday night becomes his new normal he certainly belongs in the NRL.

Boyd was rubbish according to this forum
Copley was rubbish according to this forum

The general consensus on here isn't always right so maybe Maranta will come good as well, if Friday night becomes his new normal he certainly belongs in the NRL.

The general trend on here is if they play for us they are rubbish and won't amount to much. Once that player leaves or if a player was on the market and passed up they are the buy of the season

The thing with Maranta is he didn't look too bad in his first season but last year wow boy did he stink it up. I don't think I've seen a winger so afraid to find the try line. He has pretty poor attacking instincts but in defence he generally gets the job done. He looks heaps gumby as well.

He may have been an unsuspecting victim of the fatten them up mentality. Hopefully after being flogged by Corvo we will see a different Maranta

He will still struggle to hold his spot when Hodgo comes back, unless Reed is the one to make way.

He will still struggle to hold his spot when Hodgo comes back, unless Reed is the one to make way.

If the form of Friday continues until Hodges returns, then there is no way Maranta could be dropped

The thing with Maranta is he didn't look too bad in his first season but last year wow boy did he stink it up. I don't think I've seen a winger so afraid to find the try line. He has pretty poor attacking instincts but in defence he generally gets the job done. He looks heaps gumby as well.

Copley looked gumby as well until he hit that patch of form in late 2012.

Fingers crossed they both start delivering on the promise they showed as jnrs consistently.

If the form of Friday continues until Hodges returns, then there is no way Maranta could be dropped

Yeah it will be tough but keeping Reed and playing Copley on the wing is a real option. Also, I agree with Ari Gold on the possibility of Hodges playing 6 at some stage which means Hoffman onto the wing.

If Maranta holds his form it will be a nice problem to have at least.

Last edited:
I agree it is always a better "problem" to have when you have multiple players performing and have to drop one, rather than have no-one performing and figuring out what to do, as is the case with our 5/8 conundrum

Does anyone have any idea why Rothfield holds a grudge against Gould for some unknown reason?

He literally bags him every time Penrith make a mistake in a game or anything and sinks the boot into him almost weekly. It's good to see him Rothfield ending up with the egg on his face though, Penrith are building for the future and are very safe while the Sharks are just focused on the present.

Does anyone have any idea why Rothfield holds a grudge against Gould for some unknown reason?

He literally bags him every time Penrith make a mistake in a game or anything and sinks the boot into him almost weekly. It's good to see him Rothfield ending up with the egg on his face though, Penrith are building for the future and are very safe while the Sharks are just focused on the present.

Struggling "journalists" post up controversial shit, start up feuds with more famous people or just post stupid stuff that's guaranteed to get replies just to make themselves stand out a bit more.

If Rothfield didn't make an ass of himself, no one would really know who he is.

I'd be happy for him to play SOO as long as someone finds an elligibility rule that means he has to play for NSW.

He could take on the legacy of legendary NSW wingers like McManus and Merritt.

Last edited:
Both Rothfield and Gould stink . I'd say Gould probably let Rothfield know at some public function that he ,Rothfield was a know nothing hack and that Gould actually had deep credentials. Pair of **** wits. As a poster pointed out the other day Gould had defended the decoy runner type play most especially when the defender was fooled into tackling the decoy. He also defended the play on dozens of occasions when the defenders were not fooled and not impeded either yet the other night on the Broncos last try he was saying how he didn't like it and it sets a bad precedent when it was about as a good as that play gets.

One look and it was obvious that it was 100% legal.

Bman just Google Phil Rothfield vs Phil Gould, there is heaps of articles, it goes back a while to the Super League v ARL feud amongst other things.

Both Rothfield and Gould stink . I'd say Gould probably let Rothfield know at some public function that he ,Rothfield was a know nothing hack and that Gould actually had deep credentials. Pair of **** wits. As a poster pointed out the other day Gould had defended the decoy runner type play most especially when the defender was fooled into tackling the decoy. He also defended the play on dozens of occasions when the defenders were not fooled and not impeded either yet the other night on the Broncos last try he was saying how he didn't like it and it sets a bad precedent when it was about as a good as that play gets.

One look and it was obvious that it was 100% legal.

To be fair Gould has always disliked the ball carrier running behind a decoy as opposed to passing behind a decoy runner providing that the decoy didn't obstruct a defender.

its a news limited /Fairfax thing.

To be fair Gould has always disliked the ball carrier running behind a decoy as opposed to passing behind a decoy runner providing that the decoy didn't obstruct a defender.

Agreed, he doesn't like it but the view provided showed very clearly he didn't run behind him and in fact he was a least 7 metres away from the line the decoy ran on. He wasn't even close ! I've watched the play several times and the decoy ran a line that did not impede any defender. The fact the ball carrier crossed the line the decoy ran is neither here nor there, that run happened well before the ball carrier got to the point of crossing the line ran.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LGH
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • upthehorse
  • Adammacca
  • Galah
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Griffo
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • Fatboy
  • Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • BruiserMk1
  • Behold
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.