Phil rothfield

• Thread starter Painin the Haas
  • Start date
Does anyone have any idea why Rothfield holds a grudge against Gould for some unknown reason?

He literally bags him every time Penrith make a mistake in a game or anything and sinks the boot into him almost weekly. It's good to see him Rothfield ending up with the egg on his face though, Penrith are building for the future and are very safe while the Sharks are just focused on the present.

JEALOUSLY would be the main reason.... Rothfield is a glorified tip rat

Why do we give this idiot oxygen? Please, explain.

I've heard Rothfield described on LU as beetroot cheeks retard at large. Sums up my feelings perfectly. As a journalist, I'd rate him up there with Tracy Grimshaw...

Phil Gould is an agenda pushing Ric Flair wannabe.

Bugger the pair of them.

We all agree that Maranta played much better than last year, but to suggest that QLD can't come up with 2 better wingers than him is just plain madness

We all agree that Maranta played much better than last year, but to suggest that QLD can't come up with 2 better wingers than him is just plain madness

Yeah, Boyd definitely has one spot secured, and surely if a new winger comes in, it has to be Edrick Lee.

Yeah, Boyd definitely has one spot secured, and surely if a new winger comes in, it has to be Edrick Lee.

Or Gagai (subjec to Mal lifting the "ban"), or Tate or Nielsen, Chambers, Tonga even (on a "loyalty" basis), Barba?

I was thinking Tate in the centres (assuming Hodges doesn't play). Gagai doesn't look ready defensively, and I think Lee is far better than Nielsen, Chambers and especially Tonga. But yeah, they'd be ahead of Maranta too. Even Copley would.

We all know he's not going to be picked, but hopefully all this talk does his confidence a world of good. He really needs confidence after a very disappointing 2013.

We all know he's not going to be picked, but hopefully all this talk does his confidence a world of good. He really needs confidence after a very disappointing 2013.
Exactly my thoughts. He definitely lacked confidence to back himself last season, so this could go a long way to get him in a better head space and believe in himself. Works wonders for some people!

I was thinking Tate in the centres (assuming Hodges doesn't play). Gagai doesn't look ready defensively, and I think Lee is far better than Nielsen, Chambers and especially Tonga. But yeah, they'd be ahead of Maranta too. Even Copley would.

Lee over Chambers? That is one of the strangest calls ive seen on this forum. A few people on here seem to be talking like Lee is this massive superstar. The kid has barely got any games under his belt and already hes ahead of Chambers who, not long ago was one of the leagues best backs. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're only putting him forward before the others because he is a winger and the other's are centres but even then.... i would pick chambers, gagai, vidot, tonga way before Lee at this stage.

Lee over Chambers? That is one of the strangest calls ive seen on this forum. A few people on here seem to be talking like Lee is this massive superstar. The kid has barely got any games under his belt and already hes ahead of Chambers who, not long ago was one of the leagues best backs. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're only putting him forward before the others because he is a winger and the other's are centres but even then.... i would pick chambers, gagai, vidot, tonga way before Lee at this stage.

Meh, I don't really get the chambers hype. I reckon he would go alright in origin solely because he is running off the same guys he does in clubland. Aside from that I really don't see much in chambers... he is better than O'Neill and Nielsen though I will give him that

Meh, I don't really get the chambers hype. I reckon he would go alright in origin solely because he is running off the same guys he does in clubland. Aside from that I really don't see much in chambers... he is better than O'Neill and Nielsen though I will give him that

I feel like just because hes running off slater and cronk people tend to think hes not capable of doing anything himself. Throw someone like Steve Michaels into chambers spot and hes not going to score half the tries chambers would. Would be the first centre picked for me after inglis.

Chambers is a strange ol' player.

I like to describe him as flakey. On his day, capable of some good plays and is all-round pretty solid but there are times where he'll just drop the pill cold, or position himself in no-man's land offering the opposition easy gaps or just come up with complete brain farts altogether.

I don't think anybody had him in that league of Slater, GI, Hayne etc. He was just one of those names you use to pad up a list either to make another guy look bad (these guys are all better than him! Even Chambers!) or to show off that you watch an extra game or two than the average folk and your opinion means more than a paid professional.

Back to Alec's point and I agree. I'd rather have Tate > Chambers in the centres and as such I'd go Lee > Chambers on the wing because I don't believe Chambers will be able to make that transition as well. Lee has that potential and upside.

Last edited:
I think Chambers is pretty overrated. Gagai will be all over him once he learns to defend (or at least learns to defend better than Chambers, which is honestly not particularly good either).

Chambers argument aside, if vidot keeps up his form he would be taking a wing spot in game 1

Active Now

• maddo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.