Phil rothfield

• Thread starter Painin the Haas
  • Start date
Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Reading Phil rothfield's article on 50 things we learnt from round 1, number nine on the list is that Lachlan maranta should play state of origin this year.

although he perhaps had his best game on Friday night I think most of us agree he's lucky to be in the side, what the hell is everyone else see?

Reading Phil rothfield's article on 50 things we learnt from round 1, number nine on the list is that Lachlan maranta should play state of origin this year.

although he perhaps had his best game on Friday night I think most of us agree he's lucky to be in the side, what the hell is everyone else see?
hated

I see a guy who is the slowest winger in the NRL and is one bad game away from being hated on this forum again.

He's just not a nrl winger and that's coming from a guy at the start was thrilled of hearing we was debuting I thought he was going to be great

hated

I see a guy who is the slowest winger in the NRL and is one bad game away from being hated on this forum again.

I think he's actually reasonably fast, he made some good metres on that break on Friday night, he's certainly in the bottom 25% in terms of fast wingers though.

Everyone keeps saying that Maranta is fast but I have never seen it. There's plenty of occasions last year when he had space but he always got run down before scoring, when a genuinely quick player would have just left them for dead.

That said, there are very few genuinely fast players in the NRL. It's a label that's thrown about for just about anyone that plays in the backline but there are only a handful of players I'd actually consider to be have real speed.

When he started playing with the FG side in late 2012, I was very impressed with him. I thought he looked like he belonged in FG right from the start, he was very safe and didn't seem to screw up at all. I've liked him ever since.

He was absolutely terrible in 2013, but for most of the year I thought it was because he wasn't ready and needed confidence... then finally that he'll never be a winger...and now I have absolutely no idea. I absolutely have no idea what to think of him as a winger, have to see how he goes the next couple of weeks.

I'd love it if his form warranted him to no longer be the butt of jokes. Much in the same way I always had a soft spot for Copley, I have a soft spot for Maranta, and while neither player sets the world on fire, both have potential to be really solid players. I feel less silly for all my faith in Copley seeing him lately. Hopefully Lachlan is the same!

I've thought Lachie was going to be a star since seeing him play in the lower grades. The Lachie that had a blinder against the dogs is the Lachie I remember from his lower grade days so hopefully he keeps going like that and proving all his doubters wrong.

People are starting to get carried away.

Maranta played well but in a lot of ways the Dogs played to his strengths.

Believe it or not, the Muffin Man has always had two strengths - his ability to read the opposition offence and his ability under the high ball. Both of those aspects kept him in the side for so long because at least he wasn't a total liability. Of course, his confidence eroded to the point that he couldn't even score the simplest of tries and was rightfully dropped on a number of occasions but he wasn't as completely useless as we, the fans, portrayed him to be.

Still, I was happy with his performance on Friday night and hopefully he can build on that and really give us some genuine competition for spots.

People are starting to get carried away.

Maranta played well but in a lot of ways the Dogs played to his strengths.

Believe it or not, the Muffin Man has always had two strengths - his ability to read the opposition offence and his ability under the high ball. Both of those aspects kept him in the side for so long because at least he wasn't a total liability. Of course, his confidence eroded to the point that he couldn't even score the simplest of tries and was rightfully dropped on a number of occasions but he wasn't as completely useless as we, the fans, portrayed him to be.

Still, I was happy with his performance on Friday night and hopefully he can build on that and really give us some genuine competition for spots.

This is very true. Despite being a horrible finisher last year Maranta was just about always rock solid under the high ball and reading the play.

Rothfield wants QLD to Lose. He wouldn't be saying that if Maranta was from NSW

Why is every media outlet dedicated to rugby league just so shit?

Ray Warren kept complaining yesterday that he was tired because he to call 3x80 minute matches in the span of 96 hours. And admitted he doesn't even watch the other games.

Courier mail Daily Telegraph
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
QLD Rubbish bias about the Broncos NSW rubbish about Souths, Origin and dynasties and random, factuallly incorrect stuff about the Broncos

Why is every media outlet dedicated to rugby league just so ****?

Ray Warren kept complaining yesterday that he was tired because he to call 3x80 minute matches in the span of 96 hours. And admitted he doesn't even watch the other games.

Give the guy a break, he has terminal cancer. No better caller in the game than Rabs, I don't give a shit what other games he watches.

Why is every media outlet dedicated to rugby league just so ****?

I agree, Why do we need to see photo's of rothfield next to his article. I don't care what he looks like. It's not all about him IMO.

Give the guy a break, he has terminal cancer. No better caller in the game than Rabs, I don't give a shit what other games he watches.

I have seen no where that is is terminal. All reports have been extremely positive

from his article:

6) Nothing has changed with Phillip Ronald Gould who is as irritating and annoying as ever.

thats the pot calling the kettle black

49) Steve Price can actually coach.

why because the Dragons beat one of the wooden spoon favorites and still let in 24 points

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Mark H
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Strop
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.