Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Nobody is doubting how effective Cobbo could be when the time is right, the issue at hand though is whether or not the time is right, I am prepared to back the coaches on making that call.

Tesi hasn't done anything wrong and has earned the right to retain his position at fullback.

Well those times he let other people catch kicks he should have called for didn`t look good .
Pretty sure the analysts would have that on their data base . And will teach their teams to exploit it .

The only way a player can be wasted on the wing is if the team's spine and centres are too shit to get them the ball IMO. A good winger needs to be skillful and a great one can score tries with almost no room to move. If Cobbo ends up being wasted on the wing, we need to start looking at the rest of the side.
Yeah that's the thing.. Tesi isn't going to be throwing those cut out balls off a sweep play like Boyd back in the day and most fullbacks do now unless he's done a fair bit of work in the off season.
So if we lack a good ball playing 1 the most effective way to utilise Cobbo would be at centre getting fed early ball off the 6, same as Staggs and guys like GI and Latrell, use him as a strike weapon and to set up the winger that way. Yes Herbie could do this too but alot will say his biggest weakness was his ability to set up his winger and his biggest strength last season was his metre making which in this case is more suited to the wing and going off his Norths highlights video he's got good finishing ability as a winger.
Going off the strengths of the players and those around them i think Cobbo would be best suited to centre and herbie at wing to get the best out of both players.

Tesi hasn't done anything wrong and has earned the right to retain his position at fullback.
This i disagree with. Tesi struggles when the heat is on and reverts to brain snap school football mode. Best example was air swinging a 9 iron trying to kick a ball dead instead of diving on it. This tells me he is far far far away from being ready full time.

Alfie has backed Billy Walters for the number 6 jersey.

Alfie says:

“I like the look of Billy,” said Langer, a long-serving assistant coach at the Broncos.

“He has done a fair apprenticeship.

“He has been to different clubs, especially the Melbourne Storm who have a great system.

“Billy has also played for the Queensland Residents rep side and been around the Queensland Cup for a few years, so he has runs on the board.

“The No.6 jumper is wide open. Tyson (Gamble) and Albert Kelly are also talented guys but Billy is back at home where he belongs at the Broncos with his old man and he is a genuine consideration for the six spot.”

LET THE WHINGING BEGIN
I’m getting less and less bothered by the Billy Walters playing 6 noise. Not because I think he deserves it or that he’s the best option but as silly as it might make me, I’m building enough confidence in the rest of the team that if he comes in and just makes his tackles and stays out of the way I think we have a good team regardless.

As long as he stays out of Ezra’s way when the time comes.

This i disagree with. Tesi struggles when the heat is on and reverts to brain snap school football mode. Best example was air swinging a 9 iron trying to kick a ball dead instead of diving on it. This tells me he is far far far away from being ready full time.
That’s generally what happens when a raw 19/20 year old plays fullback. But at the same time Isaako was just as guilty and we are obviously not going to Cobbo yet.

Herbie at 21 years of age. 41 NRL games. Averaging over 148m and a 90% tackle count.
I see so much potential and development in Herbie. More than likely the best athlete in the club. Herbie himself requires good ball in order to give good ball. For those who understand the correct development of a player then you will appreciate Herbies ability, he is also a prolific goal kicker. So much to offer.
compare the stats of Manu and Herbie at the same age. Herbie could play anywhere in the back line and make a success of it. Herbie and Staggs are the most promising young centre partnership in the game. Allow time, allow progress. allow on going development.

Herbie at 21 years of age. 41 NRL games. Averaging over 148m and a 90% tackle count.
I see so much potential and development in Herbie. More than likely the best athlete in the club. Herbie himself requires good ball in order to give good ball. For those who understand the correct development of a player then you will appreciate Herbies ability, he is also a prolific goal kicker. So much to offer.
compare the stats of Manu and Herbie at the same age. Herbie could play anywhere in the back line and make a success of it. Herbie and Staggs are the most promising young centre partnership in the game. Allow time, allow progress. allow on going development.
I agree with you in a lot of areas but in some your rating him just a little to highly. Like calm down with Manu comparisons there play styles are so different and Farnworth hasn’t really earned the right to be compared to him. As for everywhere in the backline you have kind of just made an assumption with Fullback and considering he has never got an opportunity there whilst training there a number of times would probably suggest otherwise. But as for patience and his promise at such a young age in such a dire situation I completely agree.

But at the same time I hate to be the one to say this and be premature but although he isn’t in the picture yet Mariner will well and truly be the long term centre. So really long term he is a winger or out of the picture. Also I wouldn’t try arguing with me here on Mariner’s potential cause he was rated No.1 in QLD for schoolboys (both codes) and no.2 was a grade 11 boy (will be 12 this year) by the name of Robert Toia (Roosters contracted) who has been rated the best schoolboy Union player in the world by a number of Union media pages. That’s pretty fucken impressive and he made 2 in Qld. If you wish to state that Mariner is not as promising as Farnworth, Mozer our supposed saviour ranked 6. As for Farnworth the money is well and truely elsewhere after this year so I wouldn’t be banking on him staying.

Rose Tinted Round Lens Sunglasses

I do hope Billy Walters gets a run at six at some stage. He's supported the club all his life. His old man was never great at defence but he was sure as shit smart as hell when it came to spotting an attacking opportunity. Perhaps he'll be able to bring some of that with Reynolds calling the shots and allowing him that extra second to think.

It must be a tough gig getting ribbed constantly by your own team mates, but I'm sure even if his old man wasn't coach here he'd still be desperate to pull on a Broncos gernsey for an actual game. Listening to him talk he sounds a wee bit more articulate than his old man too.

Whats the inside word with the club on Hoeter? Is he a smokey for a full time spot in the centres?

Whats the inside word with the club on Hoeter? Is he a smokey for a full time spot in the centres?
I don’t think so. I rate him so highly and I love him but he is a depth option probably just behind Brenko in depth maybe even for a singular game he would be played above Brenko but a long term position would go to Brenko before him.

I agree with you in a lot of areas but in some your rating him just a little to highly. Like calm down with Manu comparisons there play styles are so different and Farnworth hasn’t really earned the right to be compared to him. As for everywhere in the backline you have kind of just made an assumption with Fullback and considering he has never got an opportunity there whilst training there a number of times would probably suggest otherwise. But as for patience and his promise at such a young age in such a dire situation I completely agree.

But at the same time I hate to be the one to say this and be premature but although he isn’t in the picture yet Mariner will well and truly be the long term centre. So really long term he is a winger or out of the picture. Also I wouldn’t try arguing with me here on Mariner’s potential cause he was rated No.1 in QLD for schoolboys (both codes) and no.2 was a grade 11 boy (will be 12 this year) by the name of Robert Toia (Roosters contracted) who has been rated the best schoolboy Union player in the world by a number of Union media pages. That’s pretty fucken impressive and he made 2 in Qld. If you wish to state that Mariner is not as promising as Farnworth, Mozer our supposed saviour ranked 6. As for Farnworth the money is well and truely elsewhere after this year so I wouldn’t be banking on him staying.
"Farnworth hasn't earned the right yet ..."

Next breath....

"Best schoolboy union player in grade 12 will be our long term centre for the next decade"

You can't make this stuff up

"Farnworth hasn't earned the right yet ..."

Next breath....

"Best schoolboy union player in grade 12 will be our long term centre for the next decade"

You can't make this stuff up
Take it out of context why don’t you and Deine Mariner has graduated, the point was that he is the best in the state with some serious competition the bloke in year 12 who is ranked the best Union schoolboy player (2nd in the list) is not at our club. Also again out of context I said Herbie hasn’t earned the right to be compared to MANU. Herbie is also a 21 year old centre who hasn’t accomplished shit so yes I think it is very well fair to compare him with an 18 year old who is the best schoolboy player in QLD. Cause realistically they are months away from competing for the SAME SPOT see where Deine Mariner is comparable with a bloke he is competing for a spot with in the near future as opposed to comparing Farnworth with Joey Manu who not only don’t play anything alike but are so different in ability levels. Chances are Farnworth won’t come close to Manu ever as most players aren’t considered the best centre in the game by a number of experts.

Take it out of context why don’t you and Deine Mariner has graduated, the point was that he is the best in the state with some serious competition the bloke in year 12 who is ranked the best Union schoolboy player (2nd in the list) is not at our club. Also again out of context I said Herbie hasn’t earned the right to be compared to MANU. Herbie is also a 21 year old centre who hasn’t accomplished shit so yes I think it is very well fair to compare him with an 18 year old who is the best schoolboy player in QLD. Cause realistically they are months away from competing for the SAME SPOT see where Deine Mariner is comparable with a bloke he is competing for a spot with in the near future as opposed to comparing Farnworth with Joey Manu who not only don’t play anything alike but are so different in ability levels. Chances are Farnworth won’t come close to Manu ever as most players aren’t considered the best centre in the game by a number of experts.
Oh I just love how players developing themselves in the toughest arena and aren't yet the complete player get written off long before these teen sensations grow hair on the balls and get touted as a namestay for '"team list of 2030"

Herbie isn't perfect - yet - but he could still 100% develop and be a dependable strike player for the club.

**** me... Remember we made a grand final with the much hated on this forum Jack Reed in recent memory? Not every player needs to be a game breaker

Oh I just love how players developing themselves in the toughest arena and aren't yet the complete player get written off long before these teen sensations grow hair on the balls and get touted as a namestay for '"team list of 2030"

Herbie isn't perfect - yet - but he could still 100% develop and be a dependable strike player for the club.

**** me... Remember we made a grand final with the much hated on this forum Jack Reed in recent memory? Not every player needs to be a game breaker
I miss Jack Reed

Team had a full match simulation this morning and ran with this
1 Tesi Niu
2 Jordan Pereira
3 Brenko Lee
4 Herbie Farnworth
5 Selwyn Cobbo
6 Billy Walters
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Jake Turpin
10 Ryan James
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Brendan Piakura
13 Pat Carrigan

I think they're running with those starters at prop because Flegler is suspended for a few games to start the season.

Looks like Oates is currently being edged out by Pereira.

Staggs will more than likely come in for Lee, might be just resting him? Not too sure.

Walters... Ugh at least he might get dropped early? Maybe

And Carrigan at lock sucks but again, hopefully he's moved

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • IceWorks
  • Pablo
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.