Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Look up adamant in the dictionary
adam ant 80s GIF

Look Cobbo will most likely (highly likely) play centre at a later stage, possibly even later in the year but the coach has been quoted as saying Selwyn will not be rushed, he will be eased in. He's playing wing and getting some runs on the board first
You're seriously buying that shit. The bloke has played more games of first grade at Centre than Wing they didn't have an issue with throwing him in the deep end when Kev's job and reputation was on the line and he did such an amazing job at centre. Bradman Best one of the highest rated centres offensively and Selwyn made him his bitch DEFENSIVELY, Selwyn is known for his offence not his defence. So tell me why the **** the bloke who is 4 bad games from Tesi away from being thrown at fullback, which truly is the deep end, isn't mature enough skill wise to play centre. Your all turning into a bunch of pussies cause Dearden didn't go the way we all hoped, in the end that turned out pretty well we have Reynolds and arguably a better prospect in Mam coming through. There is a difference between wearing the 7 for the biggest club in the comp fan-based wise than their is to playing in the centres. Let's not forget that Selwyn is 100% an NRL calibre player, take one look at his q-cup stats which he dominated and take a look at his NRL form last year and you will find the kid is good enough and well and truly competent enough to handle the pressures of playing fucken centre. Kevin barely has a clue now let alone a month(/s) ago when Cobbo was first playing right wing. He seems pretty intent (Happy?) at playing Jordan on the right wing which really only 2 players are realistically likely to be selected there him or Cobbo and he seems to think the side would be better balanced with Herbie left wing, Cobbo left centre and Jordan Right wing. I wonder why?

Tend to agree with Fitzy here. Selwyn has already played centre, and done it with aplomb. He's already ready. Refresh my memory here but wasn't the talk of Selwyn being "eased" at fullback?

What Herbie has in his favour is seniority, for what's that worth.

Tend to agree with Fitzy here. Selwyn has already played centre, and done it with aplomb. He's already ready. Refresh my memory here but wasn't the talk of Selwyn being "eased" at fullback?

What Herbie has in his favour is seniority, for what's that worth.
You're seriously buying that shit. The bloke has played more games of first grade at Centre than Wing they didn't have an issue with throwing him in the deep end when Kev's job and reputation was on the line and he did such an amazing job at centre. Bradman Best one of the highest rated centres offensively and Selwyn made him his bitch DEFENSIVELY, Selwyn is known for his offence not his defence. So tell me why the **** the bloke who is 4 bad games from Tesi away from being thrown at fullback, which truly is the deep end, isn't mature enough skill wise to play centre. Your all turning into a bunch of pussies cause Dearden didn't go the way we all hoped, in the end that turned out pretty well we have Reynolds and arguably a better prospect in Mam coming through. There is a difference between wearing the 7 for the biggest club in the comp fan-based wise than their is to playing in the centres. Let's not forget that Selwyn is 100% an NRL calibre player, take one look at his q-cup stats which he dominated and take a look at his NRL form last year and you will find the kid is good enough and well and truly competent enough to handle the pressures of playing fucken centre. Kevin barely has a clue now let alone a month(/s) ago when Cobbo was first playing right wing. He seems pretty intent (Happy?) at playing Jordan on the right wing which really only 2 players are realistically likely to be selected there him or Cobbo and he seems to think the side would be better balanced with Herbie left wing, Cobbo left centre and Jordan Right wing. I wonder why?
Look Cobbo will most likely (highly likely) play centre at a later stage, possibly even later in the year but the coach has been quoted as saying Selwyn will not be rushed, he will be eased in. He's playing wing and getting some runs on the board first
I'm with Fitzy and Mchunt.
Tesi is only a year older than Selwyn and half his size, He basically tore the best team in Qcup to shreds in the grand final, if he's playing centre he has a grand final winner and state of origin player on his inside or a premiership winning, 200+ game veteran, captain of the club on the other side.
He made Bradman best look like a teenager not up to scratch for first grade and this was without a NRL preseason under his belt.
He's wasted on the wing unless you want him bashing it up into a set line of defence on the second or third play.

I'm with Fitzy and Mchunt.
Tesi is only a year older than Selwyn and half his size, He basically tore the best team in Qcup to shreds in the grand final, if he's playing centre he has a grand final winner and state of origin player on his inside or a premiership winning, 200+ game veteran, captain of the club on the other side.
He made Bradman best look like a teenager not up to scratch for first grade and this was without a NRL preseason under his belt.
He's wasted on the wing unless you want him bashing it up into a set line of defence on the second or third play.

Cobbo did the pre-season in 20/21. He played 80 minutes in the trial against Wynnum. 40 minutes for Wynnum and 40 minutes for Broncos as a reward for his pre-season.

You done?

I think you are reading too much into training match ups .
The final two trials should be where we see combinations .
I think a lot of the talk out of Kevie isn't genuine enough to believe that.

Yeah "every spot in the team is open right now" is technically true but he knows who has going to pick UNLESS someone shits the bed.

Only spots I genuinely think are in contention are Prop and 5/8.

I think a lot of the talk out of Kevie isn't genuine enough to believe that.

Yeah "every spot in the team is open right now" is technically true but he knows who has going to pick UNLESS someone shits the bed.

Only spots I genuinely think are in contention are Prop and 5/8.
I’m not necessarily against what you’re saying but you are contradicting 5 posts ago where you were taking his word that Cobbo would be eased into centres of all place. Also the fact that not a single one of us has a consistently similar back 5 is usually a fairly good indication that there is some serious contention in the outside backs. But other than that really only prop which I’m pretty confident is locked up by now and 6 are in contention.

For round 1 I'd say the backline is pretty well set. However trial form may see some movement.

1. Tesi (locked in from last year)
2. Oates (would say locked in due to meterage and form last year)
3. Herbie (won Broncos back of the year... locked in)
4. Staggs (locked in)
5. Cobbo (has to be in the team somewhere)

Does anyone know or think what the trial team against Wynnum could look like ?

For round 1 I'd say the backline is pretty well set. However trial form may see some movement.

1. Tesi (locked in from last year)
2. Oates (would say locked in due to meterage and form last year)
3. Herbie (won Broncos back of the year... locked in)
4. Staggs (locked in)
5. Cobbo (has to be in the team somewhere)
Think that is the back 5 that makes most sense for rd1 plenty of pressure from who we have recruited if you start slacking.

Does anyone know or think what the trial team against Wynnum could look like ?
I think most of the new boys if not all the new boys will play. Train and trial and dev boys will most likely get a run and the odd bloke like Flegler might get his run in that game cause they probably won’t waste there time in the 2 proper games with him if he won’t be playable for 3 rounds. Might do the exact opposite as well.

1. Niu (get as many games as possible)
2. Mead/Quai-ward
3. Delouise
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. James
9. Paix
10. Logan Bayliss (/Flegler ?)
11. Pulu
12. Capewell
13. Jensen

It’s just a rough side. You would have to think Reynolds plays. This would probably be the game you give Mam to start and he can have a second half stint in one of the other games against nrl sides. I have Capes playing all 3 cause you probably want him to learn the systems and he will help Ezra out a lot. James will be playing as many as possible cause I think the fitter he is the better he will play. Outside backs sort of just speaks for itself I have Brenko and Delouise in centres as they can sort of start fighting it out for that back up centre spot and Brenko can possibly push himself into contention if he brains it. Anyway this is @Sproj territory now, what side do you reckon mate?

I think most of the new boys if not all the new boys will play. Train and trial and dev boys will most likely get a run and the odd bloke like Flegler might get his run in that game cause they probably won’t waste there time in the 2 proper games with him if he won’t be playable for 3 rounds. Might do the exact opposite as well.

2. Mead/Quai-ward
3. Delouise
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. James
9. Paix
11. Pulu
12. Capewell
13. Jensen

It’s just a rough side. You would have to think Reynolds plays. This would probably be the game you give Mam to start and he can have a second half stint in one of the other games against nrl sides. I have Capes playing all 3 cause you probably want him to learn the systems and he will help Ezra out a lot. James will be playing as many as possible cause I think the fitter he is the better he will play. Outside backs sort of just speaks for itself I have Brenko and Delouise in centres as they can sort of start fighting it out for that back up centre spot and Brenko can possibly push himself into contention if he brains it. Anyway this is @Sproj territory now, what side do you reckon mate?
do u think martin will get a run maybe ?

2. Mead/Quai-ward
3. Delouise
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. James
9. Paix
11. Pulu
12. Capewell
13. Jensen

I'd be surprised if Reynolds or Capewell play on the first trial. It's usually just for fringe players, or train and trial guys

I’m not necessarily against what you’re saying but you are contradicting 5 posts ago where you were taking his word that Cobbo would be eased into centres of all place. Also the fact that not a single one of us has a consistently similar back 5 is usually a fairly good indication that there is some serious contention in the outside backs. But other than that really only prop which I’m pretty confident is locked up by now and 6 are in contention.
Completely irrelevant to how many people in this thread pick player A B or C in any which position because this thread is literally not about that.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • john1420
  • Hurrijo
  • kiwi2
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.