Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

No? What about Lee and Jensen? I actually think Jensen may be higher up the depth chart than we expect too.

Jensen has always been a pretty solid player but i heard in his younger days he burnt a few bridges at the cowboys and by the time he grew up a bit they just had enough. Lee i just dont know tbh. It a better position to be in this year in terms of our options.

If Oates isn’t picked I’ll be sending their member straws back through the front door at Fulcher Road
I think you might be in a minority I like Oates but it’s starting to turn he isn’t a great player and I think we won’t struggle for metres this year. With his recent admission that he hasn’t tried and well since he is notorious for having feet for hands and hasn’t scored many tries in the past few years your demands might be starting to be out of place with some serious competition in the outside backs especially centres being to hard to leave out so they get shifted to the wings. I’d be getting those straws ready cause his stocks seem to be dropping by the day.

Forgot Willison was out.

Hoeter is mainly a center, but he has played wing and i think he would be as good an option on the wing as Lee is. My first thought was to play him at left center and have Herbie right wing but i've only really seen Delouise play on the right side. He probably hasnt played wing for a while but he is quick enough and big enough to be decent there for us imo. I dont think he will get picked though.
And if he plays on the wing, we can call him Big Del :)

Dont know why i think it really, just a feeling i dont see them signing Pereira not to play him.
No? What about Lee and Jensen? I actually think Jensen may be higher up the depth chart than we expect too.
We have a glut of outside backs, and more if you consider we also had Arthars on our books, and slated to return next season. Cobbo, Staggs, Farnworth and Oates are locks. Barring injury hard to see Lee, Mead, Pereira, Quai-Ward or Isaako getting a look in.

Herbie to the wing, Selwyn to stay at centre, I reckon is pretty much a done deal. The other way around if you think Kevvie will rate defence over attack at centre.

I think you might be in a minority I like Oates but it’s starting to turn he isn’t a great player and I think we won’t struggle for metres this year. With his recent admission that he hasn’t tried and well since he is notorious for having feet for hands and hasn’t scored many tries in the past few years your demands might be starting to be out of place with some serious competition in the outside backs especially centres being to hard to leave out so they get shifted to the wings. I’d be getting those straws ready cause his stocks seem to be dropping by the day.
We will most definitely struggle for metres coming out of our own end if we dont get some good power backs. With the centres looking like Staggs and Cobbo/Farnworth, we need some blokes to ruck it out in the first 2 tackle out of our end and not get driven backwards. Cobbo could be one but I wouldn't mind another person who can make really good metres each hitup

We will most definitely struggle for metres coming out of our own end if we dont get some good power backs. With the centres looking like Staggs and Cobbo/Farnworth, we need some blokes to ruck it out in the first 2 tackle out of our end and not get driven backwards. Cobbo could be one but I wouldn't mind another person who can make really good metres each hitup
Herbie makes great metres out of our own end. If anything that’s his biggest attribute. His footwork gets him past the defensive line and allows him a quick play the ball. He is especially good when taking the second hit up.

Niu is pretty poor in that department. Cobbo is okay but will only get better. Oates is obviously gun at this though, if he holds onto it.

i feel as tho Jordan Pereira will help in this department.

There's no chance Cobbo plays anything other than right wing outside Oates for the foreseeable future.

Herbie is basically also a lock as left centre.

Besides the obvious right centre being staggs you work the rest of your pieces in after that.. which only leave Niu at fullback which Ikin has already suggested he has the jersey already after last year's finish.

Just leave left wing and we'll need Oates to be his better self in an off contract year.

Pretty solid backline. 6 is the only genuine spot available I think

There's no chance Cobbo plays anything other than right wing outside Oates for the foreseeable future.

Herbie is basically also a lock as left centre.

Besides the obvious right centre being staggs you work the rest of your pieces in after that.. which only leave Niu at fullback which Ikin has already suggested he has the jersey already after last year's finish.

Just leave left wing and we'll need Oates to be his better self in an off contract year.

Pretty solid backline. 6 is the only genuine spot available I think
Plenty of crystal ball gazers, maybe even the majority, are putting Herbie on the wing and Selwyn at centre so I reckon there's SOME chance it will happen.

Plenty of crystal ball gazers, maybe even the majority, are putting Herbie on the wing and Selwyn at centre so I reckon there's SOME chance it will happen.
yep especially if there is any kind of sniff he's heading to Redcliffe, his best position in my eyes.

Cobbo should definitely stay on the wing for awhile. I don't like the idea of dumping him straight into the deep end at fullback when Niu is in the squad. Ease him into first grade on the wing, let him find his legs. Niu will be serviceable enough until Cobbo matures then they can swap positions.

Anyway I wanna see Cobbo under some Reynolds kicks into the corner.

Yep, i think first 4 or 5 games. Drop Flegler back in for Willison or Robati possibly. I'm kind of leaning with @1910 and having a 4 forward bench but i'm still not convinced Turpin can consistently handle 80 mins.

re: Turps, you’ve obviously watched him a lot more in ISC, but I feel a lot will depend on how much we have the ball. Last season it seemed like we were defending at least 25mins every half, particularly in the first half, and Jake was having to make 2-3 tackles a set. Even a seasoned hooker would get stuffed after a few games playing 80 with that scenario.

If we can shift that ratio and he’s making at most 20 tackles a half, I think he could do it and he’ll still have energy to attack properly this year.

Probably will still be a game-by-game basis, ie if we play a huge pack or the game with the rule tweaks basically requires a relief hooker, then we may have to run Paix

Cobbo should definitely stay on the wing for awhile. I don't like the idea of dumping him straight into the deep end at fullback when Niu is in the squad. Ease him into first grade on the wing, let him find his legs. Niu will be serviceable enough until Cobbo matures then they can swap positions.

Anyway I wanna see Cobbo under some Reynolds kicks into the corner.

Cobbo keeps saying/telling he wants to be a centre.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.