Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Willison isn’t available but also, is Hoeter good on a wing? I’ve only seen him play centre
Forgot Willison was out.

Hoeter is mainly a center, but he has played wing and i think he would be as good an option on the wing as Lee is. My first thought was to play him at left center and have Herbie right wing but i've only really seen Delouise play on the right side. He probably hasnt played wing for a while but he is quick enough and big enough to be decent there for us imo. I dont think he will get picked though.

Round 1 I would go

1. Niu
2. Oates
4. Farnworth
3. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly?
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. James
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Walters
15. Robati
16. Jensen
17. Hetherington

Cobbo to work toward playing 1 during the season.
Paix to work his way into 14.
Hetherington to force Carrigan out of lock.
Kelly to get dropped for Gamble if not performing. Mam to get a run at some point.
A winger to force their way in.

If all goes well the run home would look like

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
4. Farnworth
3. Staggs
5. Periera
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Cartigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. James
16. Flegler
17. Robati

Willison isn’t available but also, is Hoeter good on a wing? I’ve only seen him play centre

110 games in the ISC
106 ISC games in the centre, combination of left and right.
4 games on the wing at Townsville in 2016- 3 tries and three wins.
One game for Queensland and three tries at centre.

Don't know about the Surfers Paradise Dolphins in 2020.

Round 1 I would go

1. Niu
2. Oates
4. Farnworth
3. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly?
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. James
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Walters
15. Robati
16. Jensen
17. Hetherington

Cobbo to work toward playing 1 during the season.
Paix to work his way into 14.
Hetherington to force Carrigan out of lock.
Kelly to get dropped for Gamble if not performing. Mam to get a run at some point.
A winger to force their way in.

If all goes well the run home would look like

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
4. Farnworth
3. Staggs
5. Periera
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Cartigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. James
16. Flegler
17. Robati
I’m loving our new front rower come the end of the year. Chilli nights down south and a Cartigan will well and truely be required.

110 games in the ISC
106 ISC games in the centre, combination of left and right.
4 games on the wing at Townsville in 2016- 3 tries and three wins.
One game for Queensland and three tries at centre.

Don't know about the Surfers Paradise Dolphins in 2020.

Think you will find he played 2 games for the residents. 2017 and 2019. in 2017 he played on the wing outside Tom Opacic and scored 2 tries.

Think you will find he played 2 games for the residents. 2017 and 2019. in 2017 he played on the wing outside Tom Opacic and scored 2 tries.

Correct he did, but it was outside Doyle.

Well since we've gone to what we would go with, given I know almost nothing about preseason, Flegs and Willison are unavailable, I'd go with:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Farnworth
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. James
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Carrigan
16. Jensen
17. Robati

For me, my only question is whether you play Lee or Oates and then fit in Cobbo accordingly.

Yep, sorry he was named on the other side outside Doyle as a replacement for Gela Mosby.

You probably watch way too much footy to remember everything 😂

Always thought Laybutt would have a good NRL career. Never seemed to kick on.

Well those select few who locked in Reynolds as captain can rest a little easier now

Well since we've gone to what we would go with, given I know almost nothing about preseason, Flegs and Willison are unavailable, I'd go with:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Farnworth
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. James
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Carrigan
16. Jensen
17. Robati

For me, my only question is whether you play Lee or Oates and then fit in Cobbo accordingly.

I have a feeling Oates will be replaced by Pereira.

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Farnworth
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. James
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Carrigan
16. Jensen
17. Robati

Yeah I am of that opinion as well that I would like to see Brenko in this side preferably centre and Oates out (at the same time I want him to be in as well, not a bad problem to have though) but at the same time I think you will find Herbie is centre and Cobbo wing. Also I would have Carrigan starting prop unless we are getting prime Ryan James which let’s be real we aren’t.

Yeah I am of that opinion as well that I would like to see Brenko in this side preferably centre and Oates out (at the same time I want him to be in as well, not a bad problem to have though) but at the same time I think you will find Herbie is centre and Cobbo wing. Also I would have Carrigan starting prop unless we are getting prime Ryan James which let’s be real we aren’t.

I agree with all that but I have a hunch Jensen will surprise a few and James will just be a stop gap until Flegs is back anyway.

I agree with all that but I have a hunch Jensen will surprise a few and James will just be a stop gap until Flegs is back anyway.
I don’t agree Carrigan is our second best middle and he just didn’t have the defensive capabilities and significant enough ball playing skills to play lock. Flegler is an impact player who I think comes off the bench but if that’s not the case and he starts instead of Carrigan in my opinion you still start Carrigan for 3 rounds or however long it is. I didn’t say anything about Jensen in my thing so I’m not to sure where that came from but I agree I’m not sure if it will be round 1 but once he gets in the side I reckon it will be very hard for players to remove him.

I have a feeling Oates will be replaced by Pereira.
If Oates isn’t picked I would play Herbie on the left. He is far better on the left wing than the right. Pereira outside Staggs on the right. Cobbo left centre, or Lee/Hoeter and Cobbl at fb.

If Oates isn’t picked I would play Herbie on the left. He is far better on the left wing than the right. Pereira outside Staggs on the right. Cobbo left centre, or Lee/Hoeter and Cobbl at fb.

Dont know why i think it really, just a feeling i dont see them signing Pereira not to play him.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Santa
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.