Pick your side!

Who wins this Yawn-fest of a GF?

• Total voters
mick! said:
. A damn good football team, but nowhere near the heights of the Dragons in the 50/60's,

Sidenote;- Without trying to take anything away from players I have never seen, nor heard of outside of internet/books or TV; I dislike the fact that the 10 in-a-row Dragons can be brought up in reference to other teams. Whilst it is an epic effort, never to be repeated, the game's rules were so different, that it's like comparing a RU team to a RL team. One could even say it's not too long a draw to say it's like comparing EPL teams to NRL teams.

No slary restrictions at all.
Unlimited tackle count.

Dragons win 10 in a row, unlimited tackle count ceases, suddenly, after 10 straight seasons, Dragons don't win another premiership for 11 seasons. Coincidence?

Like I said, it is an epic effort, which will never be even be close to matched; however it is an entirely different game. For mine, any game before 1966 doesn't count as RL...or at least RL as I know it.

Coxy said:
"hating the Melbourne Storm is hating Rugby League because they're the best at it".

Incorrect.

the quote was; "If you don't like watching the Storm play, you don't like Rugby League." [icon_wink

Same difference. I hate watching the Storm play because they're boring, clinical and repetitive. It works, but it's boring.

Yeah any blind freddy can see Storm are a good team. 3 grand finals in a row tends to suggest that. I've said elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised if they win it even with their players out. Doesn't mean I have to like the way they play.

Hammo a lot of your stuff on here has been directed at this being HatersHQ etc. How we all dismiss them for grubs etc. We hate success etc. I agree with whoeever posted it, most of us here can see they're a good team (no shit), but we can still hate them for how they play. Which is the reason I would suggest the majority of people on here do hate them. You coming out and saying your goal was to get people to admit they're a good team and the best of the last 3 years is a load of BS. Sorry mate. I'm sure had you come out and said that at the outset your little crusade, you would have been easily satisfied within 5 or 10 mins.

last soldier;

Don't know how long you been on this site for, many posters change their names for some reason. However the thing that bugged me is; the hatred from this forum never started until recent times....where as the grappling started way back in 04. Actually, I think 03.

Like I always said...the Storm haters on BHQ booming in population and the success of the Storm coinciding is a peculiar coincidence.

Of course, everyone "always" hated them [icon_wink

Stop generalising :P

I haven't always hated them. In fact, I was thrilled when they won in 1999, and have usually supported them in most of their games (except against Broncos and Cowboys) up until last year.

As I've said repeatedly, it's not that they're successful, it's the WAY that they're successful that sticks in my craw.

Coxy said:
it's the WAY that they're successful that sticks in my craw.

I was going to say this but it can be too easily taken as sour grapes/jealousy.

It annoys me that they're so successful...tall poppy syndrome and all that...but I don't hate them, and I'd much rather see them win than a Sydney team.

I understand where the haters are coming from though, especially since they had all those salary cap concessions, their coach is a piglet, they wrestle wrestle wrestle, they have all these super stars that would be so excellent to watch but they play the machine game...etc etc etc

still, i don't care, go storm.
On another note, Do people all of a sudden not hate the bullies even though they got the wooden spoon? I know I still hate em to pieces.

Oh hell yeah! I still hate the Eels and Bulldogs with a major passion. Doesn't matter a bit to me that they didn't make the finals...in fact, it's great! Suck shit! :P

I'll still hope they lose each and every week.

mrslong said:
I understand where the haters are coming from though, especially since they had all those salary cap concessions,

I did not know this. Oh well,I don't hate them for it.

I don't think they do have salary cap concessions. They've bleated about it, saying the NRL should help them out the way the AFL helped Brisbane and Sydney out. Blah blah.

Yeah, like they need it!

I was told they did have concessions, & that they finished up last year, nothing like the AFL ones....but that the Titans didn't get the same concessions the Storm got, and they were the ones bleating about it??? Whoever told me this must have their wires crossed if it's not true...but I always thought they were allowed a little bit of leeway.

I also thoroughly enjoyed those Roosters when they sucked, then when they won i still hated them, then when they sucked again I hated them, and now that they aren't sucking as much I still hate them.

Coxy said:
As I've said repeatedly, it's not that they're successful, it's the WAY that they're successful that sticks in my craw.

+1.

I started getting shirty with the Storm's tactics really in about '05. Didn't think the media circus about grappling etc. was really onto anything serious when it first started, but watched them more and started to agree with it after about 12 months.

I can TOTALLY say that I'm jealous of their success though, I mean, who isn't? It isn't why I dislike them, but I'm insanely jealous of EVERY club that wins premierships when we don't!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Huge
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • BrentTatesChin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.