NEWS Pies poised to crush gossipmongers

This is terrible coaching again by the way, all this will do is destabilise the team further (if that is possible) by now making everyone look at everyone else suspiciously.

Well he is already doing terrible coaching and I think he is all out of ideas so is hoping that terrible coaching + terrible coaching = good coaching

This is terrible coaching again by the way, all this will do is destabilise the team further (if that is possible) by now making everyone look at everyone else suspiciously.
He's burning his own boat, which happens to be a barbed wire canoe, and you know which way he's been paddling.

And by refusing to talk about who it might be yet happy to talk about not being able to talk about who it is, but the rumour it is someone prominent, means the merry go round keeps going.

How can reality TV possibly compete with the NRL? The drama that just keeps on delivering, the plot twists are somewhat implausible at times however.

Wayne sending a text:

Last edited:
So which prominent RL personality has deleted their IG? ...

The innuendo is trying to frame Tevita Pangai Jr, but he's had every reason to shutter his IG due to the level of abuse aimed at him over his own turmoil. I wouldn't read anything into that. It's a very heavy handed clue.

Bear in mind, every Bronco has discussed the rumours with everyone they know. The same with everyone in the media and pretty much everyone in Brisbane. What's appeared on the public socials is barely scratching the surface. The rumours were spread in private, and they will not have access to those conversations.

Last edited:
Lastest Seibold gossip

Craddock
said the board will support him for the season, but “it all changes if he goes to them” to say he wants to walk away:

“This is a huge week for Anthony. I’m not saying he’s stepping down this week, but I reckon it’s less than 50 per cent chance. But it is being talked about and it is being thought about, and how could it not be? To me, all roads lead to the same point. Whether he steps down now or whether he goes to the end of the season, I just can’t see how he survives given what’s happened to the Broncos this season. Since Anthony went into isolation mode last week it was a time for reflection for him and let’s face it, it’s just so palpably obvious that a team with a coach whose senior players aren’t playing for him, has a limited future at that club.”

James Hooper said he's looked like quitting since his personal issues arose:

“Immediately there were conspiracy theories being pushed that perhaps this was going to be the beginning of a soft exit and of a strategy where Anthony may decide, and the people representing him may decide, that they speak with the powers that be at the Broncos and just decide to draw a line under it and part company.

Paul Kent said his personal troubles can't be used as an excuse for leaving

“Now it’s clearly a strategy to say he’s got other issues he’s got to deal with first. If he goes now, given he’s moved through the other things in his life, I think it’s just going to be seen as he’s been sacked by the Broncos.”

Buzz Rothfield reckons he's going:

“He’s always been very firm that he wouldn’t walk away, that he had a five-year deal, it was a long fix. When I asked him twice yesterday, was he going to walk, the denials and the rejection of my suggestion was nowhere near as strong as it has been.”

Corey Parker reckons he's staying:"

“Absolutely not, I’ll squash that out straight away. I’ve been in close contact with Anthony Seibold over the whole season, but in particular in the last few weeks more closely, I spoke to Seibs today. For a coach, they have similar habits as a player. Desire, commitment, the passion and Anthony Seibold has at no stage hinted that he will want to quit.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Lastest Seibold gossip

Craddock
said the board will support him for the season, but “it all changes if he goes to them” to say he wants to walk away:

“This is a huge week for Anthony. I’m not saying he’s stepping down this week, but I reckon it’s less than 50 per cent chance. But it is being talked about and it is being thought about, and how could it not be? To me, all roads lead to the same point. Whether he steps down now or whether he goes to the end of the season, I just can’t see how he survives given what’s happened to the Broncos this season. Since Anthony went into isolation mode last week it was a time for reflection for him and let’s face it, it’s just so palpably obvious that a team with a coach whose senior players aren’t playing for him, has a limited future at that club.”

James Hooper said he's looked like quitting since his personal issues arose:

“Immediately there were conspiracy theories being pushed that perhaps this was going to be the beginning of a soft exit and of a strategy where Anthony may decide, and the people representing him may decide, that they speak with the powers that be at the Broncos and just decide to draw a line under it and part company.

Paul Kent said his personal troubles can't be used as an excuse for leaving

“Now it’s clearly a strategy to say he’s got other issues he’s got to deal with first. If he goes now, given he’s moved through the other things in his life, I think it’s just going to be seen as he’s been sacked by the Broncos.”

Buzz Rothfield reckons he's going:

“He’s always been very firm that he wouldn’t walk away, that he had a five-year deal, it was a long fix. When I asked him twice yesterday, was he going to walk, the denials and the rejection of my suggestion was nowhere near as strong as it has been.”

Corey Parker reckons he's staying:"

“Absolutely not, I’ll squash that out straight away. I’ve been in close contact with Anthony Seibold over the whole season, but in particular in the last few weeks more closely, I spoke to Seibs today. For a coach, they have similar habits as a player. Desire, commitment, the passion and Anthony Seibold has at no stage hinted that he will want to quit.”

McHunt
I actually wonder if perhaps the personal rumours have in fact galvanised him somewhat and made him more determined to try and come back and continue on.

Hypothetically, if he's taken two weeks off with his family and nothing sinister had been said, he might well have quietly decided to call it a day and negotiate a settlement to be paid out.

Instead, he's faced some really vicious rumours and now if he was to walk away it's almost as though he's been defeated by those rumours, or perhaps even feels he's given them some additional weight or element of truth. I get a sense that in his mind it might do more to crush them outright if he's seen to be returning to work and pushing on ahead, almost as though to prove the whole thing is baseless.

Last edited:
I actually wonder if perhaps the personal rumours have in fact galvanised him somewhat and made him more determined to try and come back and continue on.

Hypothetically, if he's taken two weeks off with his family and nothing sinister had been said, he might well have quietly decided to call it a day and negotiate a settlement to be paid out.

Instead, he's faced some really vicious rumours and now if he was to walk away it's almost as though he's been defeated by those rumours, or perhaps even feels he's given them some additional weight or element of truth. I get a sense that in his mind it might do more to crush them outright if he's seen to be returning to work and pushing on ahead, almost as though to prove the whole thing is baseless.
Him galvanising won’t save him from the off season review. He should just bail,

I think people are jumping to conclusions that it is a prominent rugby league person ... but the reports have just said person of prominence, they don't say this person is involved with rugby league

Him galvanising won’t save him from the off season review. He should just bail,
If he quits he gets nothing in the way of a payout unless they give him a handshake.
If he negotiates a severance package he will get a fraction of his contracts value.
If he digs in his heels and refuses to budge the club either has to put up with him or pay him out in full.
He holds all the cards and that comes back to the supreme stupidity of giving a first year coach a 5 year contract

Last edited:
I think people are jumping to conclusions that it is a prominent rugby league person ... but the reports have just said person of prominence, they don't say this person is involved with rugby league
Weidler is spreading the rumour it's someone in rugby league, which I guess would include someone like himself:

Screenshot 2020 08 18 Prominent name behind vile rumours

Last edited:

Active Now

• Astro
  • OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.