NEWS Pies poised to crush gossipmongers

that's likely evidence that this person has no connection to rugby league.
My impression is the basis for the rumour was spread word of mouth (text) through a chain of trust, which is in the private communication realm and out of their reach. At some stage it was embellished into screen grab, and became an easily forwarded/posted meme. Around this point, it grew legs on the public socials and became received wisdom.

I don't know what access Pies' "cyber experts" have to trace warrants, but they're not a trivial request. It's feasible those who posted it publicly might get doxxed, though moderated sites like Reddit deleted them on sight, so they'd be hard to find. If the original "culprit" spammed it frequently, it's possible they might get busted, but it's also very possible their prime suspect is only a third party, even if they are a "prominent person."

The most likely scenario for getting busted is if the monger set up a bogus IG/FB account and spammed the rumours amongst comments. They'd have to be extraordinarily dumb to have done that. That said, the screengrab I saw did look like it was written by someone extraordinarily dumb.

Last edited:
Him galvanising won’t save him from the off season review. He should just bail,
I know, I didn’t suggest it would. What I suggested was it might galvanise him to want to see the year out whereas if it never happened I think our odds were better that he’d have bailed before his two week quarantine was over provided he got some level of payout.

Who has a courier mail sub
There is an article up
What’s it say

There's a "breaking" one, not behind a paywall, claiming it's a person in the NRL who wanted Seibold sacked. But also has ties to other NRL coaches.

NRL360 has just said names are expected to be announced in the next 24-48 hours and are coming from friends or family of coaches.

NRL360 has just said names are expected to be announced in the next 24-48 hours and are coming from friends or family of coaches.

I simultaneously hate the bullshit gossip and made up crap the media gets away with...

....while I can't fucking wait to see who the people are who are about to be named.

Last edited:
I simultaneously hate the bullshit gossip and made up crap the media gets away with...

....while I can't fucking wait to see who the people are.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a load of rubbish. How could they find out who it is AND prove it? Seibold is using it as a strategy and he will come out and say he isn't going to name names.

Has @McHunt disappeared?

edit: don't speculate, suggest, or name who you hope it is

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we are able to talk about footy and a winning season. We don't always get what we want :)

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.