Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Nashy said:
Jesus. One second this forum is all about using our juniors, and developing them as future players, the next it's to buy some absolutely ridiculous player, 9/10 isn't even on the friggin market.

It's not like our club is full of bought players tho. And with the way the media has spoken about SBW/QC it wouldnt be till 2013 so im all for letting out young guys show their worth in 2012.

Who had we bought in our team now from another club that you could actually class as a bought player?

Teo?

Wallace altho an Ex-Panther never really made it as a Panther we got him as a kid not a big name, Brisbane made him that big name player he is (borderline). So i wouldn't really class him as a buy.

I dunno. There was this guy we chased. G.I just can't remember his name. And then we offloaded what would be an absolutely incredible team to pay for Izzy.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
And both players arn't at our club right now are they?

Look at the part where i said "In our team now"

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So because we have none, we should buy some, just to be like the other clubs?

In our team currently, I see a lot of promising juniors, ready for the chance to prove that the Broncos don't need to buy anyone.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd take Quade at the club if he wanted to play here, I have no doubt he would be a star in League TBH. I would not even consider signing SBW though.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
And as i said earlier, 2012 is their year to prove it. if the young guns arn't stepping up we would be stupid to not highly consider SBW/Cooper for 2013 as the media are suggesting would be the year they are shopping to League Clubs.

Also I'm pointing out how little bought players we have , That we arnt like other clubs just buying everyone so there is no harm to our rep in buying 2 superstars.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I would tell them if they want to be a "package deal" to go jump off the nearest bridge.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
draggx said:
Nashy said:
Jesus. One second this forum is all about using our juniors, and developing them as future players, the next it's to buy some absolutely ridiculous player, 9/10 isn't even on the friggin market.

It's not like our club is full of bought players tho. And with the way the media has spoken about SBW/QC it wouldnt be till 2013 so im all for letting out young guys show their worth in 2012.

Who had we bought in our team now from another club that you could actually class as a bought player?

Teo?

Wallace altho an Ex-Panther never really made it as a Panther we got him as a kid not a big name, Brisbane made him that big name player he is (borderline). So i wouldn't really class him as a buy.

I dunno. There was this guy we chased. G.I just can't remember his name. And then we offloaded what would be an absolutely incredible team to pay for Izzy.
However this is 2013 we're speaking about with a possible $3m cap increase.
This would mean we could afford these two players and still not lose any of our juniors, it's a great chance for the club to buy a couple of great players for 2-3 years and have a real shot at winning another premiership in that time.

If it was for next year then I wouldn't want both because we'd have to lose a lot of players but in 2013 we'd be in the perfect position to buy a couple of stars.

I would take either one of them, if our halves don't step up Cooper would be a great addition and SBW would easily be up with the best players in the game if he came back to league again so it's a no brainer.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Tell me. What did SBW actually achieve in rugby league? Sure, he could destroy a team on his day, but his days were so few and far between.

All hype, no substance.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
Tell me. What did SBW actually achieve in rugby league? Sure, he could destroy a team on his day, but his days were so few and far between.

All hype, no substance.
A premiership, selection for NZ and a desperate set of NSW admins trying to bend the rules in any way possible to get SBW playing origin.

Far and few between? In 2007, 08 everytime he played the bulldogs went to another level, you could tell after he left to they fell to a heap of shit. Ridiculously fit, could score long range tries playing the backrow, could easily slot in at centre and make his outside wingers look good when they're shit, i.e millard, wintana and nanai, all shit players made to look good playing outside of him. He's also killing it in union as further proof to how good he is.

He would be our best buy possibly of the last decade if we did get him but it won't be easy because every club will be chasing him, he's a marketing dream with onfield ability to match.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wow. You really do have a stiffy for him.

I think he's one of the most overrated players of all time.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
Wow. You really do have a stiffy for him.

I think he's one of the most overrated players of all time.
Agree to disagree, I think he would be awesome for our club and so would Cooper.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Cooper I'm not arguing about. If he wanted to genuinely try league and actually learn to tackle, then we'd be mad not to look at him.

SBW I have concerns about him, on and off the field. I think he's a shit head. He's got no concept of loyalty to his mates or his team (forget club loyalty, that's irrelevant really). He's all about himself.

We don't need egos.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I can't imagine his ego is all that big now days. He's done SFA since he left the Dogs.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
Apart from playing for the All Blacks...

Pffft. That's no big deal. Even Brad Thorn did.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah. He plays for the All Blacks. So what? He's still nothing special for him.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Coxy said:
Meat77 said:
Apart from playing for the All Blacks...

Pffft. That's no big deal. Even Brad Thorn did.

I don't care that he did - but the way every Kiwi pumps the tires of the All Blacks I'm tipping his ego is even bigger than it was when he was in the NRL

S

spanky

NYC Player
Apr 2, 2010
SBW will sign a 4 year deal with NZRU or they wont resign him, guess we'll find out soon. He is shit at rugby, he would be better of back in the NRL but he can **** off a play for some other scum team, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.