Status
Not open for further replies.
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bucking Beads said:
jarro65 said:
newsbar on FoxSportsNews at the moment says Cooper has indicated a move to league after 2012 is a distinct possibilty.
Who cares, by that stage our halves should be settled.

It gives our Halves 2012 to step their game up and show us what they got. If they fail to perform we throw money at Cooper.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Common consensus is Cooper and $BW will be shopped to the NRL as a package deal - so to those who would or might want us to chase Cooper the question is do you want (and can we afford) Williams as well?

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm not sure if that's common consensus. Some mug journo' ran with it and now others are. I'll eat my hat if they end up together.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
m1c said:
I'm not sure if that's common consensus. Some mug journo' ran with it and now others are. I'll eat my hat if they end up together.
Noted :)

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yup, I have serious doubts they'll end up together. Can't imagine what club would be able to afford both in one sweep.

But then again, if the TV deal really pays off as hoped and the cap goes up to the 7M, then pretty much every club could afford them, except Souffs and the Dogs, who probably would just fit in the cap then... [icon_shady

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:

Actually it's not something that some 'mug journo' has pulled out of his arse. I know a lot of sports agents (some quite high profile) and this package deal thingy definitely has legs - I first heard about it a few months ago and it's a big part of the reason why Cooper signed on with Khoder Nassar. With the potential increase in the cap there will probably be a number of clubs that will be in a position to afford them both. Nassar is definitely going to be trying to push this - whether he will actually succeed in pulling it off is another question entirely.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Flutterby said:
Common consensus is Cooper and $BW will be shopped to the NRL as a package deal - so to those who would or might want us to chase Cooper the question is do you want (and can we afford) Williams as well?

With how SBW has been playing yeh i'd be happy with the risk.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Would you take him as a centre - where he is playing sensationally in Rugby - or as a backrower, where he always played in League?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anyone else hear the rumour of us chasing Robert Lui???

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I would take SBW, centre or otherwise to join our club.
He's one of the best players to play the game and will still be an absolute superstar if he came back.

We would be crazy to not seriously go after SBW if he's keen on returning and if that means we can get Cooper too then that's even better!

I hope it's true :)

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Flutterby said:
Would you take him as a centre - where he is playing sensationally in Rugby - or as a backrower, where he always played in League?

That is a hard one no doubt and if we signed SBW, Thaiday would need to become a prop fulltime.

6. Cooper
7.Hunt

8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. Thaiday
11. SBW
12.Glenn
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Gillett
16. Mc Guire
17. Hala.

(I paid no attention to left/right so ignore the numbers)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We will not be signing SBW FFS. Our backrow is awesome at the moment,

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Cooper and dollar bill as the halves?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
But for how long? TBH any player in league or Union would be smart to wait and see what happens with the TV deal because the League TV deal will affect Union.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
My thoughts exactly, LOLZ!

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
Flutterby said:

That is a hard one no doubt and if we signed SBW, Thaiday would need to become a prop fulltime.

6. Cooper
7.Hunt

8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. Thaiday
11. SBW
12.Glenn
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Gillett
16. Mc Guire
17. Hala.

(I paid no attention to left/right so ignore the numbers)

Thaiday and SBW on the same side would be unbelievable. Move him to centre.

Bucking Beads said:
We will not be signing SBW FFS. Our backrow is awesome at the moment,

At the moment isn't 2-3 years time. Granted this is all speculation, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • The Strapper
  • Mister Wright
  • Bish
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Hoof Hearted
  • heartly87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.