Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Under Henjak I'd say we would be no chance of making the top 8. With Griffin though I am confident we will should we not suffer too many injuries. Not sure how far we'll go in the finals but I think September football is definately on the cards for years to come.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Next season depends on how Lockyer replacement goes, should make the 8 our squad is great but Lockyer will be a massive loss

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We've won 2 of the 4 games this season without Locky, Thaiday and hodges. Don't underestimate what this young squad is capable of.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Also don't forget that quite a few of these young guys have played together at the Broncos since 2008 Toyota Cup under Griffin. That kind of experience all playing together and with this coach cannot be under-estimated. I think finals footy each year over the next few is still a realistic goal. But, like Ffs, I really hope the fans are patient in premiership expectations.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd be really happy if we continue to just bring in our own players without signing much from the rest of the comp. We've always been at our best going with the local players, and it's much easier to keep the Broncos "spirit" going this way, having players who mostly actually always liked the club playing for us. It's great to hear Griffindor saying that, hopefully the club sticks with that mindset.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I rate Griffin, but in a way I would have been interested to have seen how well the Broncos would have performed with Henjak at the helm. No doubt we're playing a better brand of footy now than what we were under Henjak (at least all-round, we were better in attack with Henjak) BUT a lot of that has to do with players maturing.

In time, I believe we could be a real premiership force but the initial year without Lockyer is going to be a real rollercoaster. And what really makes it a difficult year to predict is the fact that neither Hunt nor Norman have spent any considerable time in the halves against quality opposition.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No doubt there will be games we will lose next year that we would win with Locky there. That's what happens when you lose a guy with 16 years and 350 games experience. But that's how Norman/Hunt/Macca will learn.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
No doubt, which is why we have to be patient.

I'd be much more confident if Hunt and Norman had spent the year in Q Cup, possibly even playing together. It would have given us a real idea of where they're at and give them time to develop.

It's all just wishful thinking now.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[icon_confu was that really neccesary? Do you feel bigger now you've got that off your chest?

Just saying with all the factors considered, you're just setting yourself up for potential disappointment. How about we see where they're at in in 8 months time before we place too much pressure on them. icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[icon_lol1. you two are like Bogans in Pajamas.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking Bogan 1? I think I am Bogan 2.

Get a room.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
[icon_lol1. you two are like Bogans in Pajamas.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking Bogan 1? I think I am Bogan 2.

Get a room.

Show some support for your team, oh the bogan call so overused and boring.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Last time I checked, this thread was about player movements. Honestly have no idea why you guys see the need to spoil a perfectly good discussion with a dig at another poster.

Everyone get it back on track. icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Don't you question my support. Unlike some I stick by the team even when they get flogged and don't write off players when they happen to put in bad performances. At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, both of you can't discuss Rugby League without getting personal and sprouting non-sensical bull s**t to compensate for your lack of knowledge.

That's the last of it ning, normally I wouldn't let things unravel, but this isn't the first time B1 and B2 have questioned my support.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
Don't you question my support. Unlike some I stick by the team even when they get flogged and don't write off players when they happen to put in bad performances. At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, both of you can't discuss Rugby League without getting personal and sprouting non-sensical bull s**t to compensate for your lack of knowledge.

That's the last of it ning, normally I wouldn't let things unravel, but this isn't the first time B1 and B2 have questioned my support.

If it helps you sleep at night.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
*edit* ah **** it why bother anymore.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Big Pete said:
[icon_confu was that really neccesary? Do you feel bigger now you've got that off your chest?

Just saying with all the factors considered, you're just setting yourself up for potential disappointment. How about we see where they're at in in 8 months time before we place too much pressure on them. icon_thumbs_u
I'm saying they can do it and make the 8 without Locky, Your saying they Will be lucky to make the 8 and pretty much can't do it without Locky...

I would say your the one placing to much pressure on them. You have given up on the team being successful next season without giving them a chance.

*Ning Anyway to move related post to a topic of their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skathen
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.