Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk of Kenny going to the Knights for months now.

Good move for everyone involved. Newcastle are still a little bit short in the props department and if Kenny can recapture his 2009 form, he'd be a handy addition.

Injuries haven't been kind to him the last several years. He also seems to be down a few kg on when he was playing his best footy. Good defender. Certainly not the worst.

He's useless. I think in all his games for us in the last year or so he's went more backwards than forwards.

Good luck to him though, if Knights are willing to pick him up and give him a more regular spot then I wish him all the best, can't fault his effort or attitude.

Just heard from a friend of mine in NSW (newcastle supporter fwiw) that a source told him some pretty strong mail that Daly Cherry Evans will be headed to the Broncos in 2013 ..

Just heard from a friend of mine in NSW (newcastle supporter fwiw) that a source told him some pretty strong mail that Daly Cherry Evans will be headed to the Broncos in 2013 ..

Jizz worthy

I hope not.

I really want to see Hunt and Norman get a fair go.

A full season isn't giving them a fair go?

If the club is actively pursuing DCE it essentially shows little confident in the stock we have and completely goes against everything Hook and Gee has been saying.

There shouldn't be any talk at this stage of signing another young half, let's show some confidence in our own junior base.

Mate there has been plenty of opportunities for Hunt and Norman to prove themselves worthy of a spot in the halves without us having to consider buying what looks certain to be a rep player of the future.

Honestly if you were asked to choose one out of the 3 would you not pick DCE???

They've basically been depth players, they haven't been afforded a chance to play week in and week out like DCE was last year.

And right now, well, it's a no brainer, but let's see where Norman and Hunt are at after a full preseason and consistent selections in first grade.

DCE has said he wants to stay at Manly ( may change because they are destroying themselves ).

Griffin has said he is going with the youth at the club, so far he has been been true to what he says.

BUT, if this were true then we would be idiots not to sign him ASAP .

Everyone knows how highly I rate Ben Hunt. I'd love him to be our half/five-eighth and dominate.

But let's be realistic. If a player of DCE's quality knocked on the door and wanted to join the team, would you say no? I certainly wouldn't.

he's a qlder, i'd take him.

i'd certainly rather we stick with with the young guys we already have. if they manage to succeed it'd just make me all the more prouder of the club.

he's a qlder, i'd take him.

i'd certainly rather we stick with with the young guys we already have. if they manage to succeed it'd just make me all the more prouder of the club.

Agreed. But you can't let someone like DCE fall through your fingers if you have the chance.

I'd share that opinion if the player in question was either JT, Cronk or Marshall (and even then, I'm not too high on Benji) because they are proven performers at the top level and not to mention have a media profile that's just too big to ignore and news of signing them alone would generate a lot of interest. Which isn't to say DCE hasn't gotten a profile or wouldn't draw a positive response, but he's only played one year of top-line football in a very good side. I think (and hope) he'll have a long succesful career but I'd be interested to see how he plays with Manly in turmoil before kicking our juniors to the curb and rolling out the red carpet.

Then again, if we're possibly looking to replace Wallace then I have absolutely zero complaints.

00032009-Photo.jpg

Isn't it great to see him back in the right training gear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • LittleDavey
  • OzeMike
  • Maroon4life
  • vnrizz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Nerd
  • Tmac
  • Bronx48
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Viti
  • Culhwch
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Emanon
  • Horseheadsup
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 84 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.