Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard no rumors about it but would love for it to happen.?

Seriously the Broncos would've been mad not to enquire about Cherry-Evans contract status. He's a future Queensland and Test halfback in the making IMO. As much as I want to see us rely on Hunt or Norman to be our future half, you don't let a talent like Cherry-Evans go without asking if he wants to play here.

Credit to DCE if he wants to show loyalty to Manly who groomed him through their Sunshine Coast affiliation. He's a good'un. Without doubt the ONLY thing about Manly I don't hate.

I didn't hear anyone even flag this as a possibility' although I like the idea I wonder about the timing, could just be a mindf@ck on Wallace.

I didn't hear anyone even flag this as a possibility' although I like the idea I wonder about the timing, could just be a mindf@ck on Wallace.

More a mindfrock on Norman/Hunt. Wallace would presumably just play in 6 with Glace Cherry Cake in 7.

The fact that we offered him a contract makes we wonder how much faith we really have in Norman and Hunt... Hunt looks to me to be a decent option as a hooker though.

The fact that we offered him a contract makes we wonder how much faith we really have in Norman and Hunt... Hunt looks to me to be a decent option as a hooker though.

Simple business. Hunt or Norman MIGHT be superb players in the halves.
Cherry-Evans IS. And he's young. And he's a Queenslander.

The headline is a bit misleading, the article doesn't even say we offered him a contract at all, just that "It is understood Brisbane wanted Cherry-Evans to be their long-term halfback". Understood by who? Dean Ritchie?? And then it goes on to say he is from Mackay and played QCup, and that is why Brisbane are interested in him...... Not much credibility too the article in my opinion, making a story out of nothing really.

When aren't we linked to a player? If the Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow then we would be the first club linked to Dally Messenger.

Makes sense though, we would provide larger brains than NSW clubs.

Unlike the rumours we had about signing Lui, I would have loved Evans at the Broncos.

Unlike the rumours we had about signing Lui, I would have loved Evans at the Broncos.

Why didn't you want Lui? He is the kinda player our club needs imo a real hit with the women fanbase.

Manly seems to lead a pretty charmed existance - Their coach can say what he likes about the NRL / referees / rip doors off hinges .. They boast a thousand origin players yet none of them seem to play origin and now they're sigining $1million contract extensions with their halfback .. its a nice little 'cocoon' they live in at brookvale

Manly seems to lead a pretty charmed existance - Their coach can say what he likes about the NRL / referees / rip doors off hinges .. They boast a thousand origin players yet none of them seem to play origin and now they're sigining $1million contract extensions with their halfback .. its a nice little 'cocoon' they live in at brookvale

charmed is an understatement. The NRL's pets for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • levikaden
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Canga
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • cento
  • Locky24
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.