Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of what made Hunt great was his understanding with Locky. Without Lockyer now I don't think Hunt offers the same value, particularly given how much he would cost. IMO it would be ludicrous to spent big coin when we have Hoffman. And even if we did, it would be ludicrous to spend it on Hunt instead of Dugan.

Yeah agreed then. I'd be happy to have him back in the team somewhere and see where he fits in, and if that turns out to be fullback then great. But yeah, I do not see the value in singing him up to replace Hoffman.

And really that's about the only position Hunt could play on his return. After 3 years out he wouldn't have the game awareness to play half or five-eighth. He's too slow to play centre/wing (although perhaps playing Aussie Rules will have a positive impact on his agility). He's too small to play back row. Not a strong enough tackler to play hooker (or back row).

I think signing him would be a backward step and a waste of cap money.

And LOL @ m1c saying he's "made it" in AFL. As if. He faded out at the end of the season after reaching a peak of, well, mediocrity as opposed to his beginning of utter ineptitude. If he doesn't "make it" this year, he's finished in AFL. If Folau fails (as I expect) then the whole "let's pinch rugby league players to play our gay game" experiment will end.

I'm not sure the AFL ever thought that rugby league players would make good AFL players though. I think the AFL got what they wanted from the deals before either of Hunt of Folau had even played a game.

I'm not sure the AFL ever thought that rugby league players would make good AFL players though. I think the AFL got what they wanted from the deals before either of Hunt of Folau had even played a game.

True. It was purely a publicity stunt.

i have to disagree, hunt was light years ahead of hoffman in ball skills and decision making.
hoffman is a good fullback don't get me wrong, but not as good as hunt.

I don't agree with that at all. I think they are pretty much on par and hoffy is younger than him so will only get better. Hunt is a money hungry douche bag and if he does come back to league I hope it is far away from the broncos.

How about tackle breaks, beating first defender on kick returns, cover defence...all areas that Hunt was pretty average.

Hunt was great for us. But he wouldn't fit in the team now.
And LOL @ m1c saying he's "made it" in AFL. As if. He faded out at the end of the season after reaching a peak of, well, mediocrity as opposed to his beginning of utter ineptitude. If he doesn't "make it" this year, he's finished in AFL. If Folau fails (as I expect) then the whole "let's pinch rugby league players to play our gay game" experiment will end.

What?!? you mean attributes that are vital to being a good fullback. Please these are hardly important. What I want from a fullback is play making ability, to hell with everything else. It's the same as what I look for in the forwards, speed. I don't care about there ability to defend or offload or all that garbage, it's much more important that they are light on their feet and fast.

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that bringing Hunt back after 3 years out of rugby league to replace (what will be) a current Kiwi international fullback is ludicrous.

Fortunately the decision makers at the broncos are not 'the rock' so this would never happen

The only thing Hunt had over Hoffman was his playmaking and he was probably a bit better under the high ball. Though I rarely see Hoffman drop too many bombs. Everything else is about par. Things Hoffman is better at, ability to break tackles, ability to create something out of nothing, ability to make line breaks. The one thing that stands out to me though is Hoffman shits on Hunt from a great height is his ability to take down the attacker when a break was made. Hunt was always too slow or too busy going for the big shoulder charge.
In saying all this, Gagai is the best fullback at the club if he learnt how to tackle

Gagai is a myth. The love he gets is ridiculous.

Show me where I said I wanted to replace Hoffman with Hunt? Go back and read posts before you talk our of your arse.

Originally posted by The Rock: Yeah agreed then. I'd be happy to have him back in the team somewhere and see where he fits in, and if that turns out to be fullback then great. But yeah, I do not see the value in singing him up to replace Hoffman.

So where would Hoffman go then, slicing the oranges?

Originally posted by The Rock: Yeah agreed then. I'd be happy to have him back in the team somewhere and see where he fits in, and if that turns out to be fullback then great. But yeah, I do not see the value in singing him up to replace Hoffman.

So where would Hoffman go then, slicing the oranges?

Lol that you inlcuded the bold text when trying to prove that The Rock said he wanted to replace Hoffman with Hunt

I do not see the value in singing him up to replace Hoffman.

Come on people.

The Rock doesn't want to sign Hunt, he wants him to sing.

Umm

He can sing for his signing. :wink:

The only thing Hunt had over Hoffman was his playmaking and he was probably a bit better under the high ball. Though I rarely see Hoffman drop too many bombs. Everything else is about par. Things Hoffman is better at, ability to break tackles, ability to create something out of nothing, ability to make line breaks. The one thing that stands out to me though is Hoffman shits on Hunt from a great height is his ability to take down the attacker when a break was made. Hunt was always too slow or too busy going for the big shoulder charge.
In saying all this, Gagai is the best fullback at the club if he learnt how to tackle

dude my left teste would make a better fullback than gagai........ and rightie would be a better winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • blacknwhite
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • mrslong
  • levikaden
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.