Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, when the pressure is on Wallace rarely gets his cross-field bombs and grubbers into the in-goal right. Happened again, again and again in the game against the Sea Eagles...

He placed one of them perfectly only for it to be accidentally knocked out of Reed's hands. I still think back to that moment and think things could've still been different. Manly scored next set and instead of 6-6 it was 12-0. :-(

He placed one of them perfectly only for it to be accidentally knocked out of Reed's hands. I still think back to that moment and think things could've still been different. Manly scored next set and instead of 6-6 it was 12-0. :-(

So true Jeb. essentially 3 or 4 minutes of copley stupidity changed the game. If he doesn't knock the ball out of reed's hands or stuff up down the other end we are even instead of 12 down... Completely different story

So true Jeb. essentially 3 or 4 minutes of copley stupidity changed the game. If he doesn't knock the ball out of reed's hands or stuff up down the other end we are even instead of 12 down... Completely different story

Agreed. Although I think him knocking the ball out of Reed's hands was bad luck more than anything. How many times do you see 2 attacking players go up for the ball? Plenty. How many times do you see one knock it out of his teammate's hands? Can only remember it happening once and at the worst possible time! We may not have won the match had Reed have scored that try, but I have no doubt we'd at least have been well in the match until the 80th minute.

In saying that it was definately a night to forget for Dale.

I'm still in denial about last season. We should have won. So sad. I must say again tho, so proud of the 2011 side.

Is he asking $850K like I read somewhere? Please. Not worth that, not by a long shot. $500K max.

Just back on this. Would you think $850K is worth it if the salary cap does in fact go up to $7mil?? (however likely that is). I'm not having a go, just making sure I've interpreted the opinion correctly.

Just back on this. Would you think $850K is worth it if the salary cap does in fact go up to $7mil?? (however likely that is). I'm not having a go, just making sure I've interpreted the opinion correctly.

If the salary cap jumps significantly it's a different story, yes. But at the moment the jump is only speculation based on a speculated TV deal that is nowhere near reality. So it's stupid that there's any talk of $850K contracts while there's no certainty at all what will be the situation beyond this year.

And on Wallace...please. Sure, he's a solid player and very important to have alongside whichever young half we use this year. But long term he's expendable. I wouldn't sign him beyond 2013 that's for sure.

I disagree with ning though. Concrete slabs can be very creative. Wallace isn't.
Wallace was great last year when he didn't have to worry about being creative, because Locky, Hoffman, Hodges etc were creating stuff. When they weren't there or not delivering, and pressure was on Wallace...ouch.

Last edited:
I find it a little weird that people are happy to pay a fair bit of a coin for Wallace, and in turn, not expect him to be 'creative' (getting sick of that word!).

My earlier point was, that this season he'll be playing alongside two rookies in Hunt and Norman, thus unlike in the past where he's been able to leave the creative stuff to Lockyer, he'll need to step up and become a lot more involved. It's unfair to expect Hunt and Norman to work their magic when they are so inexperienced. Regardless of their potential, I'm expecting some inconsistent performances from both - it's only natural in young players.

Agree with Coxy that he's expendable.

I find it a little weird that people are happy to pay a fair bit of a coin for Wallace, and in turn, not expect him to be 'creative' (getting sick of that word!).

My earlier point was, that this season he'll be playing alongside two rookies in Hunt and Norman, thus unlike in the past where he's been able to leave the creative stuff to Lockyer, he'll need to step up and become a lot more involved. It's unfair to expect Hunt and Norman to work their magic when they are so inexperienced. Regardless of their potential, I'm expecting some inconsistent performances from both - it's only natural in young players.

Agree with Coxy that he's expendable.

This. If the cap increases and the Broncos make a play for Cronk, I would hope it's at the expense of Wallace and keep faith in either/both of Norman/Hunt as the other half.
By end of this season or next season, Wallace will have done the job that was expected of him here, and it's time for a longer term plan.

Wallace's job was to win us a premiership. So far he has failed.

Yeah, doubt that was ever in his contract....
He was recruited to provide consistency in the 7 jersey so that Locky could take more a hands off role and pick and choose when to be involved, which is when he's at his best.
Wallace, for the most part, did that.

Now his role is to usher in Hunt/Norman/Capewell to become established five-eighths in first grade.

I don't see Wallace as being the person who wins you a premiership. Could easily play a role at his best though.

I remember all the talk when he re-signed that he was finally the halfback to replace Alfy and blah blah blah. He was a solid player (compared to Seymour and co) but he was no Alfy.

I do love his defence though. I think he's the best defensive halfback in the comp.

I don't think anyone compared him to Alfie. Ever.
Maybe people said he's the best halfback we've had SINCE Alfie, but that didn't say much.

I don't think Shane Perry has been too much worse than Wallace during their times here. And Perry was only payed about 1/5th of whatever Wallace is getting.

Channel 9 news says the Broncos will struggle to match offers other clubs are showing in Beale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.