Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 9 news says the Broncos will struggle to match offers other clubs are showing in Beale.

Not very surprising tbh. He's probably too good to stay on the wing, but is covered by better players at the Broncos in all other positions he plays (FB and Centre).
Besides, we have more gun players in Gagai and Kahu waiting for a chance.
It's too bad, but I would understand if he leaves...

That sucks. Although rather expected. Hopefully his heart will keep him in Brisbane!

Not surprised but it will be a shame to see Beale leave. I can see him only getting better IMO.

If he can stay patient for a season or two, I reckon he'd be the ideal replacement for Hodges.

Would be sad to see him go, but can't keep them all.

any mention of who's interested? i'd hate to see him go to a jerk club

They all are jerk clubs, mate. But especially Melbourne.

I'd say it would be a side that needs a fullback. Dragons, Sharks, Souths, Roosters??

I'd say it would be a side that needs a fullback. Dragons, Sharks, Souths, Roosters??
Dragons have Kyle Stanley and Sharks are not badly served with Nathan Gardner. Tigers, Titans, Roosters, 5(c)uff$ are the likely candidates imo...

Souths have Merritt there. He's awesome at club level.

the thing is his contract wont be up until 2013 when the new tv deal and expected salary cap rise is meant to kick in

Merritt is ahead of Roberts, and Beale sh!ts on both of them...

Of course Beale currently sh!ts on him - he's three years older you dingbat. It is useless comparing them given they are very, very different players. However lets say we were to. IMO Roberts has shown a little more than what Beale had at the same age. He's a far better ball player and has him slightly in running to boot. He will follow a similar path to Barba, however it's all contextual. Souths need to decide upon his best position which looks like fullback for at least the following few years. Merrit has shown his best football is without doubt on the wing.

Souths would be one of the last teams looking for a fullback.

I can see him going to the Titans....considering they appear to not have a salary cap, they can afford him

Of course Beale currently sh!ts on him - he's three years older you dingbat. It is useless comparing them given they are very, very different players. However lets say we were to. IMO Roberts has shown a little more than what Beale had at the same age. He's a far better ball player and has him slightly in running to boot. He will follow a similar path to Barba, however it's all contextual. Souths need to decide upon his best position which looks like fullback for at least the following few years. Merrit has shown his best football is without doubt on the wing.

Souths would be one of the last teams looking for a fullback.
Dingbat? :wowzers:
Take it outside? :coxy:

Roberts will play wing at best, with Merritt at FB.
Despite the age difference, there is no way you can even begin to compare one with the other. You're making the assumption Roberts will take the leap from a rookie player with speed and little more, to a proven first grader and international as Beale.

FTR, I'd prefer Beale to Barba as FB, because the latter in defense is merely a bad statistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.