Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos777 said:
Bennett would have made Sandow an awesome player!

Nah Bennett would have failed even with Sandow, Halfback was a position Bennett just couldn't get right after Langer

draggx said:
broncos777 said:
Bennett would have made Sandow an awesome player!

Nah Bennett would have failed even with Sandow, Halfback was a position Bennett just couldn't get right after Langer

I don't really think that's Bennett fault as such - just a lack of quality halfbacks all throughout the NRL. Genuine halfbacks seems to be a bit of dying breed these days, and it seems to be a position that takes years for players to find their feet in.

But yeah, I do think Bennett could have probaby done better than he did.

I'm surprised we haven't been more active in the player market, we should be flush with cash.

Id love to make a play at ben Barba I think he is coming along nicely and would make a great foil for wallace

Barba could play in the 6 at a pinch IMO but is going awesome at fullback at the moment.

The Rock said:
[quote="Ffs...":2x7kjjif]I'm surprised we haven't been more active in the player market, we should be flush with cash.

Id love to make a play at ben Barba I think he is coming along nicely and would make a great foil for wallace

Barba is a fullback and nothing more.[/quote:2x7kjjif]

What makes you say that?

Apparently his junior footy was mostly in the halves, at looking at his current abilities IMO with time he could adjust to be a very handy 5/8.

Why do a lot of people on here want us to buy every player that has two or three good games. We've just won 6-in-a-row we're not doing too badly with the players we have.

Mister Wright said:
Why do a lot of people on here want us to buy every player that has two or three good games. We've just won 6-in-a-row we're not doing too badly with the players we have.

Thats a little short sighted, come next year we are going to be missing a certain player and while we dont need to worry about recruitment for 2011 in 2012 we need to buying a half or 5/8. With the quality of the market we are going to have be going after a player that has had two three good games unless we can can get Quade or JT.

winnie_992 said:
[quote="Mister Wright":3jaga8oh]Why do a lot of people on here want us to buy every player that has two or three good games. We've just won 6-in-a-row we're not doing too badly with the players we have.

Thats a little short sighted, come next year we are going to be missing a certain player and while we dont need to worry about recruitment for 2011 in 2012 we need to buying a half or 5/8. With the quality of the market we are going to have be going after a player that has had two three good games unless we can can get Quade or JT.[/quote:3jaga8oh]

Nah. If we can't get a JT or Cooper, then we trust Hunt or Norman. No point buying someone equally inexperienced.

Gus Gould just reported that Sandow could be coming to the Broncos to play five eigth.

At the right price Sandow would be a good signing. A bit of discipline and structure could make him a very good halfback. Plenty of talent.

The Brizz said:
At the right price Sandow would be a good signing. A bit of discipline and structure could make him a very good halfback. Plenty of talent.

I agree.

He's got a bit of electricity about him.

Sure he can be a bit too eccentric at times, but there's plenty of talent there, it's just a matter of improving his decision making.

Can't see it happening. Griffin has come and said he wants to back the young halves at the club so a huge kick in the guts to Hunt and Norman if we sign Sandow.

winnie_992 said:
[quote="Mister Wright":2gifhdc3]Why do a lot of people on here want us to buy every player that has two or three good games. We've just won 6-in-a-row we're not doing too badly with the players we have.

Thats a little short sighted, come next year we are going to be missing a certain player and while we dont need to worry about recruitment for 2011 in 2012 we need to buying a half or 5/8. With the quality of the market we are going to have be going after a player that has had two three good games unless we can can get Quade or JT.[/quote:2gifhdc3]

I've got no problem going after an experience player or a player that desperately wants to play at the Broncos. However it seems that every time a player hits some sort of good run, someone's on here saying, "how about we get this bloke for next season". If we were 0-7 I could understand this kind of attitude, but the blokes we have at the moment are doing the job.

But aren't we looking for a replacement for a player that won't be here next year?

user_nat said:
But aren't we looking for a replacement for a player that won't be here next year?

I see no reason to give Ben Hunt NRL experience if he's not going to be the starting halfback next season.

The Rock said:
Have a look at his first grade appearances. When he played in the halves last year he was absolutely dreadful as far as vision/ball movement goes. He stalled plays and continuously made poor decisions.
So he was Wallace, only better because he could actually make line breaks.....

I don't want sandow, I would love barba at the club regardless of position, and we really do need to go after one of the established halves. Like a few have said, no point in shelling out for another inexperienced half. We did that for Wallace and it hasn't really paid off.

Coxy said:
Nah. If we can't get a JT or Cooper, then we trust Hunt or Norman. No point buying someone equally inexperienced.

Totally agree Coxy - apart from JT or Cronk there are no real quality halves about for next year, so I say we are better off going with what we've got, as we have no chance of getting either of those 2 and I don't see the point in spending money on someone that really isn't any better than the player/s we have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.