Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
levikade said:
Fact: won't win s**t with a indigenous half

I guess we'd have to move our home ground to Nigger Brown Stadium if Sandow signed with us?

Now Oxy I got a complaint about your post. Someone said it was racist.... Now I don't think it was as I see the sarcasm in it and I remember the Nigger Brown stand and what it stood for. So I'm not going to delete or warn you but this is more to let the person who reported know that I see why you might be offended but IMO it wasn't racist more of a kick in the head to the person who started the debate.

Aeetee said:
Now Oxy I got a complaint about your post. Someone said it was racist.... Now I don't think it was as I see the sarcasm in it and I remember the Nigger Brown stand and what it stood for. So I'm not going to delete or warn you but this is more to let the person who reported know that I see why you might be offended but IMO it wasn't racist more of a kick in the head to the person who started the debate.
I wasn't the one who complained, and even though I understood the sarcasm, I did find the post quite offensive tbh.
Having said that, I'm not aware of the reference you make and you got me curious. What is the Nigger Brown stand, and what did it stand for?

whoever reported that is a dick. getting a little touchy are we? ffs. if that offends you then wow.

Over sensitivity is rife in the BHQ community.

the aboriginal half was mildly offensive, more ignorant really. but there was nothing offensive in oxys post. just using a real life stand to make light of a stupid post.

Porthoz said:
Aeetee said:
I wasn't the one who complained, and even though I understood the sarcasm, I did find the post quite offensive tbh.
Having said that, I'm not aware of the reference you make and you got me curious. What is the Nigger Brown stand, and what did it stand for?

Pretty sure it is (was?) a stand at a footy ground in Toowoomba named after an ex player. People were trying to get it changed but the people/person also wanted to get the cheese company 'Coon' renamed [eusa_doh

Porthoz said:
Aeetee said:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be offensive. Google Nigger Brown Stand and it might make more sense. Wasn't trying to be racist at all.

imo the orignal post I quoted was more offensive and racist, and even more stupid and uninformed than the people who whinged about the Nigger Brown Stand.

as if my post was racist. i even used native australians preferred name. its horses for courses. am i racist in saying theres no chance that a white person will post the next 100m sprint record? no way.

perhaps saying any indigenous #7 wont win a comp was too much of a generalisation, but its not too far off. ill stand by saying sandow wont win a comp.

sign foran

/end thread

levikade said:
as if my post was racist. i even used native australians preferred name. its horses for courses. am i racist in saying theres no chance that a white person will post the next 100m sprint record? no way.

umm yes it is. Its a generalisation based on race. Just admit you're racist, noone cares.

I bet the person who made that complaint doesn't even know what the Nigger Brown Stand is, or the story behind it.

I got banned from BHQ in the same situation. I said "Thats the pot calling the kettle black" and got banned for it because the admin didn't even know what the phrase meant [icon_lol1.

BTW- this was when BHQ was run by a knob, before it was cool.

OXY-351 said:
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be offensive. Google Nigger Brown Stand and it might make more sense. Wasn't trying to be racist at all.

imo the orignal post I quoted was more offensive and racist, and even more stupid and uninformed than the people who whinged about the Nigger Brown Stand.
As I said, I didn't do the complaining, but good on Tee to clarify things with his post. icon_thumbs_u

I think the problem here is that for anyone who didn't know the actual reference, the post looks pretty offensive. Now that I know, I see nothing in it, nor in the OP for that matter! [icon_shru

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6043531912

"The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bennett heartily endorsed Sandow to Parramatta Eels coach Stephen Kearney and recruitment boss Peter Nolan, prompting Parramatta to offer the 22-year-old a rich three-year contract worth $800,000."

"Satisfied with the current halves at Newcastle, the incoming Knights coach chose not to chase Sandow personally, but it's understood Bennett would have done so had he returned to Brisbane."

Thankfully Sandow is not on him way to the Broncos - luckily Bennett did not come back either because we do not need a hopeless half like Sandow.

levikade said:
perhaps saying any indigenous #7 wont win a comp was too much of a generalisation, but its not too far off. ill stand by saying sandow wont win a comp.

I agree that it's unlikely Sandow would win his team a comp, but don't agree that any "black" #7 won't win their team a comp. Fairly sure Thurston and Prince would probably agree with me too. Imo 2 out of the 3 top 7s in the game are indigenous.

I hope Bennett goes to all the clubs urging their coaches to recruit shit players like Sandow. That's epic!

Bennett would have made Sandow an awesome player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.