Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Could be an under 20's player. Probably all bullshit though.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fonua is a decent prospect but I can't see the Storm letting him go after losing Nielsen & with Chambers' future cloudy.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Dear god dont let it be Quinn. I would spew if I saw that pretender pull on a broncs jersey

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
It could have just been Shea Moylan taking care of some outstanding business...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Doubt we would sign Moylan, if he comes back to QLD we could easily pick him from QLD cup anyway.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Doubt we would sign Moylan, if he comes back to QLD we could easily pick him from QLD cup anyway.
Yeah, I didn't mean to sign him. I meant he could be up here to take care of some unfinished business that doesn't involve anyone signing with the Broncs.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah. He might've won the lucky door prize at the leagues club last year and hadn't claimed his prize yet!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We must have a little bit of cash in the bank since we had offers on the table for Beale and Te'o and they left. Plus the Gagai money. I wonder if we are actually looking to make any small signing this year. :confused:

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I imagine a lot of that money might be set aside for upgrades. Guys like Norman, McGuire and Gillett have certainly risen in value since they last signed on the dotted line. Though we will have Civoniceva's money freed up too (not sure how much he's on though).

Agree largely with Jeb in that we don't need any marquee signings, but I still think we should go after a winger. Yow Yeh may not get back to his best, Beale is leaving, Gagai has left, and Dale Copley still strikes me as being a few more drops away from becoming Steve Michaels II. And let's not forget with Beale going, a strong(ish) 2nd choice fullback also leaves.

That said, it would have to be a talented winger, not just a guy with experience who likes to impersonate a winger (read: Anthony Quinn, Bryson Goodwin)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
How long did Justin Hunt sign for at Souths? If you're looking for a Beale-type player (can cover wing and fullback) he'd be a good one to have around. He's a Queenslander too so there's always the "coming home" incentive.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How long did Justin Hunt sign for at Souths? If you're looking for a Beale-type player (can cover wing and fullback) he'd be a good one to have around. He's a Queenslander too so there's always the "coming home" incentive.

Just re-signed for a few years I think. I just think the flanks look pretty bare with Beale and Gagai gone. Don't forget Hodges is still pretty injury prone.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
With Copley, Maranta and Whitchurch how many wingers do we want especially if Yow Ye comes back.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
From what I've heard Whitchurch isn't really viewed as a winger long term.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
From what I've heard Whitchurch isn't really viewed as a winger long term.

He's versatile enough though.

Agree with Dexter - there is enough depth there and more will emerge - that's how the Broncos have done it since day 1, no reason it will stop now.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Copley is playing way better this season, especially last Friday.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • The Don
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.