Player Movements and Rumours 2012

I used to be a positive fan but I'm not anymore. What the **** is going on at Red Hill?

Yeah WHAT THE HELL we lost our 25th ranked player AND WE DIDNT SIGN THE STAR JUNIOR FROM ANOTHER CLUB. GOD damn BrOnCos.

Settling for a 33 year old Scott Prince over the most promising half since Thurston is disappointing.

Settling for a 33 year old Scott Prince over the most promising half since Thurston is disappointing.

Yeah cos the signing of scott prince for 2 years affected the possible signing of milford. I mean we all know that untested and unproven juniors (no matter how promising) command in excess of 400k a season, so having signed prince for reportedly 150k out of our cap, it was never gonna be possible.

Blind faith is a beautiful thing.

so is realistic expectations and realising if you actually knew as much as you think you do NRL teams would be throwing blank cheques and a dozen hookers at you to come and tell them how they can win a premiership

so is realistic expectations and realising if you actually knew as much as you think you do NRL teams would be throwing blank cheques and a dozen hookers at you to come and tell them how they can win a premiership

I think that comment is more appropriately directed at m1c. Beads doesn't claim to know everything, he's just dismissive of opinions he finds silly. m1c knows everything.

I think that comment is more appropriately directed at m1c. Beads doesn't claim to know everything, he's just dismissive of opinions he finds silly. m1c knows everything.

Fair enough. I just get tired of the opinion that if you are not abusing the club or throwing tantrums you have 'blind faith'. No offense mate but beads has no problem having a go at others so he can take some criticism back IMO

Fair enough. I just get tired of the opinion that if you are not abusing the club or throwing tantrums you have 'blind faith'. No offense mate but beads has no problem having a go at others so he can take some criticism back IMO

Nah I know what you're saying. I agree that signing Milford would've been a nice to have, not an imperative, and the loss of Frei is a bit of 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Doesn't matter that much really. You can't get/keep everyone.

SO you think Milford would have been playing NRL next year? cmon mate,you for real?

I think he would be a starting half the year after at the latest. It's not like we would have signed him for just one year.

I am just finding it hard to understand what the club is doing in regards to recruitment. They seem to have this blind faith in our junior recruitment but we seem to be missing out on the best local juniors to other clubs. I have been very positive over the years but my faith has been lost a bit.

I am just finding it hard to understand what the club is doing in regards to recruitment. They seem to have this blind faith in our junior recruitment but we seem to be missing out on the best local juniors to other clubs. I have been very positive over the years but my faith has been lost a bit.

Since we lost Cyril Connell we have been really bad at recruitment.

He could pick a superstar in the making a mile away.

That and other clubs are signing up QLD talent more than ever.

That and other clubs are signing up QLD talent more than ever.

Pretty much the way it is Vertigo, times have very much changed and perhaps if the Broncos are guilty of anything its not looking enough outside of their junior base given the competition they face now. Connell was one of the best in Rugby League history at identifying quality players of the future and someone of his recruiting and scouting ability you rarely find, to me its no surprise things dropped off when he passed away.

I don't think our junior development is the issue, we've been signing good talent but for whatever reason we're not producing them as well as they should which is why they're going elsewhere.

T. Sims, K. Sims, Gagai, Beale, Frei possibly Hunt & Baptiste. It's all a bitter pill to swallow, pretty much all those players would be better options than the likes of Slyney, Anderson, Lui, Capewell etc. yet we keep persisting with them.

Despite what that article said, Brisbane do recruit outside of Queensland. We've been recruiting talent from NZ & Northern NSW for close to a decade now. We're still one of the best recruiters in the competition, unfortunately we just haven't found a Lockyer.

Do actually recruit from NZ? I know we have a few Kiwi about but as far as I know they were found during the course of looking within Queensland?

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.