Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Because the other one will cost us three times the amount of our current one.

Mitchell Frei ---> Newcastle seems basically confirmed on Facebook.

Forget the Newcastle Dragons, it's more like the Newcastle Broncos.

Darius Boyd, Dane Gagai, Neville Costigan, Mitchell Frei & Korbin Sims.

Been whispers of Kurt Baptiste linking up down there as well.

Frustrating, what's the deal?

Mitchell Frei ---> Newcastle seems basically confirmed on Facebook.

Forget the Newcastle Dragons, it's more like the Newcastle Broncos.

Darius Boyd, Dane Gagai, Neville Costigan, Mitchell Frei & Korbin Sims.

Been whispers of Kurt Baptiste linking up down there as well.

Frustrating, what's the deal?

Wayne Bennett is a leech, will drain his most successful team dry if he has his way. As long as he gets he bonuses he is a happy man.

That's right, we are not allowed to say anything unfavorable about Bennett on here, my bad I forgot, thanks for reminding me.

Coxy wasn't having a go at you.

He only changed a few words.

Wayne Bennett is a leech, will drain his most successful team dry if he has his way. As long as he gets he bonuses he is a happy man.

to

Wayne Bennett is a coach, will drain any successful team dry if he has his way. As long as he gets he bonuses he is a happy man.

I don't know about that. I've noticed, a lot of people have a reputation of getting under other people's skin.

Kaz is correct. I was merely implying that your anger at Bennett is a bit of the "jilted ex-lover" type anger, when in reality what he's doing isn't that different from what any other coach does.

I'm not for or against Bennett poaching ex-Broncos. He's gotta do what he's gotta do for his club.

Exactly Coxy It's not like the Broncos didn't benefit from his departure from the Raiders, he did afterall bring Kevin Walters Peter Jackson, Sam Backo and Glenn Lazarus(who did afterall give us the forward edge to help us win premierships), find it slightly hypocritical to take that stance now that he isn't a Broncos coach.

bit harsh .. sure he was way out of form last season but not sure about the 'douche' part ...

I can put up with players being out of form, but he admitted that he could have tried harder this season. Players not trying their hardest, I can't put up with that.

Wayne Bennett holds a gun to the players head to make them follow him FFS!

Wayne Bennett holds a gun to the players head to make them follow him FFS!

+1 to this. Seriously I don't get why people think it's a negative against him. If anything it shows he a great person to work under which is why so many of the people that've worked under him keep going back.

If I was with a boss who I really enjoyed working with I'd definitely work under him again if there was a chance and with sports anywhere you go you're doing the same job anyway.

Last edited:
I can put up with players being out of form, but he admitted that he could have tried harder this season. Players not trying their hardest, I can't put up with that.

well said sir, well said. and as for hayne costing more, thats because he is an excellent player, if hoffman was as good as hayne, he would command a higher price. and if anyone pulls out the value for money stuff.... someone who admits not trying as hard as he could have is not of any value to any club.

Bennett hasn't really hurt us in any ways other than having Henjak take over.

Boyd leaving? We didn't want him.
Costigan? We fired him.
Gagai? We fired him.
Baptiste? He knows he's stuck behind McCullough at the moment.
Sims? OK, that one is fair enough.

Wow, I didn't expect this to become about Bennett.

I was just pointing out the Knights have a lot of former Broncos on their books.

Alec - Good point. In fact, you don't even have to concede Sims. He was let go with all the other Sims brothers when Henjak was in charge. Bennett had nothing to do with the move.

Boyd, Gagai, Frei & possibly Baptiste were definitely cherry picked by Bennett.

Also, Bennett may not have brought many Broncos with him to the Dragons (he brought Boyd, Emmett and conditioner Hicksman with him) but he openly admitted he helped smooth out a deal for a bunch of players to join the Dogs in 2009.

So, no more speculation about Anthony Milford. Has re-signed with Canberra until 2014.

Newcastle have confirmed Mitchell Frei's signing as well. Disappointing, reckon he'll turn out to be a better player than the blokes who have been filling the number 17 jersey for Brisbane (Lui, Dodds etc).

Active Now

• Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.