Player Movements and Rumours 2012

^^ This.
That's exactly what I thought when I read it, sounds like the club is trying to keep the current halves feeling wanted. If we said we're interested in Thurston having already signed Prince then we may as well be telling the current halves you are all out of here after next year.

I don't know, there's two ways a player could take that ... firstly, sulk and get in your agent's ear to get you the hell out of there next year .... OR you print out something along the lines of "THEY'RE NOT SURE I'M GOOD ENOUGH, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?" and stick it up somewhere you can see it every day and work your tail off to prove all that hard work and sacrifice you've put in since you were a kid wasn't for nought.

I don't know, there's two ways a player could take that ... firstly, sulk and get in your agent's ear to get you the hell out of there next year .... OR you print out something along the lines of "THEY'RE NOT SURE I'M GOOD ENOUGH, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?" and stick it up somewhere you can see it every day and work your tail off to prove all that hard work and sacrifice you've put in since you were a kid wasn't for nought.

That's very true... Which do you think our little halves are? My money's on the first

Which is what pissed me off about Kemp's departure, he didn't have it in him to fight his way back into the side and coincidentally after he left we had injuries galore to our wingers. Currently wasting away in the Dragons system.

Which is what ****ed me off about Kemp's departure, he didn't have it in him to fight his way back into the side and coincidentally after he left we had injuries galore to our wingers. Currently wasting away in the Dragons system.

Totally agree. And on the point has he completely gone to s***? cos even if he is half the player he was back in 2008 he would be loads better than vidot

I think Hunt could end up better than Wallace at least, but they are all nuffies anyway. I will cry if we ever re-signed Wallace again, unless we really had no choice and it was for scraps.

That's very true... Which do you think our little halves are? My money's on the first

yep, option one would likely hold sway ... certainly different times to a generation ago - ie when Mick Hancock was told by Wayne Bennett he wasn't part of the club's future (was in around 1997 or 98 I think) and he stuck around and worked his tail off to prove his worth ... and played some excellent football that season in first grade (a lot of it off the bench I think?).

You can turn off the filter, if you like.

End of 1996 it was. Hancock, Carne and Kerrod Walters told they weren't wanted. Carne and Walters had a sook and left.

Hancock vowed to fight. He stayed, and played in 3 more Grand Final victories before retiring at the end of 2000 as a bench back rower.

Cann was also another player told to pack his bags, it really was a cleanout time the Broncos needed, a message needed given how easily the side folded under pressure in 1994, 1995, 1996 come finals time.

End of 1996 it was. Han****, Carne and Kerrod Walters told they weren't wanted. Carne and Walters had a sook and left.

Han**** vowed to fight. He stayed, and played in 3 more Grand Final victories before retiring at the end of 2000 as a bench back rower.

That he did (and when he got a try in the 2007 gf; he nearly got hugged by the 50000 broncos fans who were there)!!!!! Hancock might not always have been the best but you had to admire the fact that he stuck it out and didn't just chuck in the towel.

Ps don't think its fair to say that Carne had a sook.....anyone who saw him pre the head knocks knows he was probably in the top 3 wingers Brisbane has had....

That he did (and when he got a try in the 2007 gf; he nearly got hugged by the 50000 broncos fans who were there)!!!!! Han**** might not always have been the best but you had to admire the fact that he stuck it out and didn't just chuck in the towel.

Ps don't think its fair to say that Carne had a sook.....anyone who saw him pre the head knocks knows he was probably in the top 3 wingers Brisbane has had....

I know, but he wasn't the same after all those head knocks and I don't think he necessarily saw how much it had reduced his game.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.