Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not the Panthers.

OK, firstly. In defence of Coxy - I actually heard him praise and give credit to Wallace during the game on Sunday, so he isn't completely blinded by a so called agenda when it comes to Wallace.

Seconly - and most importantly. Get it back on topic people. The occassional post off topic is acceptable, but this has been pretty much 2+ pages in a row off topic. Warnings will ensue from this point forward for anyone who continued on the current Off-Topic line of discussion.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
[quote="The Rock":1rgzwhew]At least Wallace has proven that he can string a whole heap of good games together and show some real form, confidence and skill. Sure Wallace has been inconsistent at times through the years but with a bit more time and experience I think he can be a consistant halfback for us.

People like Coxy seem to forget. Wallace isn't an experienced halfback or anything, he's played around 80 first grade games. You'd have to give him until the end of NEXT year to prove himself before worrying about moving him to hooker or cutting him altogether.

Same with Hunt. Give him time too. But Hunt isn't the pimple of Peter Wallace's arse as far as I'm concerned.

80 first grade games isnt experienced? Please.

Wallace has grossly underachieved so far, especially given the ridiculously hasty decision to upgrade and extend his contract in 2008.

Nup. 80 first grade games is what.....3 and a half FULL years of rugby league. That's not "experienced". It might be classed as experienced for a winger but for a position that requires a lot of development and a lot of time to build up skill and confidence etc, 80 first grade games isn't really a lot for a halfback.

Besides, it's not like Wallace hasn't shown ANYTHING. He's been able to string 10+ QUALITY games together in the past 3 years, It's just that Wallace goes through patches of great form and patches of poor form. It's inconsistency. He's shown us what he's got, he just needs to do it consistently.

I'm more concerned about Ben Hunt. He's played what...20 or so games? And has shown us of his skill and vision probably once (Titans game last year). Every other game he's been average or poor. The kid had big raps on him and he's shown practically nothing to prove he is worthy.

Give them both until the END of next year and assess the situation then. Too much jumping the gun around here.[/quote:1rgzwhew]

If you don't think 80 games isn't experienced you have nfi.

Most first grade careers last about 2 years, if that. And that is blokes in and out of the NRL side. 80 games is very experienced especially in a game where debutants are getting younger and younger.

EXCLUSIVE: THE Broncos will table a $400,000-plus package to Sam Thaiday in a deal that will make the Test backrower the highest paid forward at the club.

The development came as Brisbane boss Bruno Cullen insisted he was not concerned by Greg Inglis's shock declaration that he planned to return to Melbourne when he sees out his two-year deal with the Broncos.

Fresh from securing Inglis, the Broncos are now ramping up talks with Thaiday and could be a month away from retaining the most dynamic backrower in the code.

The Courier-Mail understands Thaiday, who is off contract at the end of next season, will receive a major upgrade which will make him one of the most handsomely rewarded forwards in Brisbane's 22-year history.

Currently on $280,000 annually, Thaiday is set to be handed a base salary of up to $350,000. With additional third-party sponsorships, and Brisbane's ability to access a veteran player's allowance for Thaiday under NRL salary-cap laws, the Maroons forward will pocket a pay rise of around $120,000 a season.

Brisbane football operations manager Andrew Gee assured Thaiday would not be taken for granted after another scintillating season.

"We have started negotiations with Sam and from all indications, Sam wants to be a Bronco for life and that's what we're working towards," Gee said.

The Broncos have yet to settle on a term but Thaiday is expected to sign at least a two-year deal, which would keep him at Red Hill until the end of 2013.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5913494621

Great News

Very exciting news for the club! Exciting times ahead! icon_thumbs_u

I jizzed a bit when I saw in the Sunday Mail this morning big Dave Shillington house hunting in Brisbane in preperation of finishing his career with the Mighty Broncos.. [icon_evillaugh

Toyota Cup player of the year: Tariq Sims/Brisbane Broncos #dallym #nrl

He has been talked about a lot on these forums, wonder if he'll be in first grade next year eusa_think

yeah....for Cowboys :(

Fozz said:
Ask Neil Henry.
Lol, I thought he was the one who stayed with us, far out too many sims to go around :P

broncospwn said:
Fozz said:
Ask Neil Henry.
Lol, I thought he was the one who stayed with us, far out too many sims to go around :P

No Tariq & Ashton are both off to the Cowboys next year and Korbin is signed till the end of next year. Broncos better wrap Korbin up next year or there will be several clubs chasing his signature.

If Shillington came to the Broncos I would be bloody stoked!

Edit: Does anybody know when his current contract runs out???

broncos777 said:
If Shillington came to the Broncos I would be bloody stoked!

Edit: Does anybody know when his current contract runs out???
Hopefully this summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Thelmus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • Redux
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.