Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
tkday said:
Where are the admins? Coxy you should be banned for trying to take every thread into a Wallace debate and off topic.

Maybe you should STFU.

Coxy said:
tkday said:
Where are the admins? Coxy you should be banned for trying to take every thread into a Wallace debate and off topic.

Maybe you should STFU.

Maybe Wallace should GTFO. Yeah. Agenda THAT!

Coxy said:
tkday said:

Maybe you should STFU.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing about you, and I'm sure others would agree with me. Your opinion is logical most times (even if I disagree), but this whole Wallace thing is absurd. Maybe it is time for you to give it up and stop hijacking every thread with it.

I rate Wallace very highly in terms of his footy brain.
He is a very clever player who relies on the timing of his forwards and the lines that they run.
His defensive contribution is a huge part of our improved defence.
He knows how to put a player into a hole and he has an intelligent kicking game.

The Hunt situation reminds me of the hooker who was given he 'next superstar' kiss of death.
He was the little fellow whose name escapes me.
That is the point.
Hunt may become something but he may also join that huge club of players who find the hype overwhelming - the Little hooker etc.

Wallace is a very important and valuable asset to the structure of the Broncos on many levels.
Hunt's role, off the bench, is perfect for his development - game time without the burden of responsibility.

Wallace is fine.
Let's accept it and move on.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
He knows how to put a player into a hole and he has an intelligent kicking game.

Not sure I agree about his intelligent kicking game.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1xsl5cgq][quote="Raw Boned Youngster":1xsl5cgq]

Not sure I agree about his intelligent kicking game.[/quote:1xsl5cgq]

Really? Watch more games then champion. His long kicking game has lacked a bit this year (as has Lockyer's at times, it also doesn't help when your pack has been dominated for half the year either) but his short kicking game has been pretty good as it usually is.[/quote:1xsl5cgq]

I saw enough of his so called intelligent kicking game on Sunday, repeated bombs getting kicked to wingers that were way to deep.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":2fs4r64l][quote="Bucking Beads":2fs4r64l][quote="Raw Boned Youngster":2fs4r64l]

Not sure I agree about his intelligent kicking game.[/quote:2fs4r64l]

Really? Watch more games then champion. His long kicking game has lacked a bit this year (as has Lockyer's at times, it also doesn't help when your pack has been dominated for half the year either) but his short kicking game has been pretty good as it usually is.[/quote:2fs4r64l]

I saw enough of his so called intelligent kicking game on Sunday, repeated bombs getting kicked to wingers that were way to deep.[/quote:2fs4r64l]

Sunday was a game of field position mate. Not much was on all day.

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":yj1cidte][quote="Bucking Beads":yj1cidte][quote="Raw Boned Youngster":yj1cidte]

Not sure I agree about his intelligent kicking game.

Really? Watch more games then champion. His long kicking game has lacked a bit this year (as has Lockyer's at times, it also doesn't help when your pack has been dominated for half the year either) but his short kicking game has been pretty good as it usually is.[/quote:yj1cidte]

I saw enough of his so called intelligent kicking game on Sunday, repeated bombs getting kicked to wingers that were way to deep.[/quote:yj1cidte]

Sunday was a game of field position mate. Not much was on all day.[/quote:yj1cidte]

Yes, but surely the kicking game could have been better.. What is the point of watching th winger catch the ball on the full every time.

It's just the way the game panned out. The game was played mostly between the 20 metre lines so we hardly got in a position for attacking kicks. Putting it high in the air means more time for the chasers to chase and less distance between them and the winger when the ball is caught.

Jeba said:
It's just the way the game panned out. The game was played mostly between the 20 metre lines so we hardly got in a position for attacking kicks. Putting it high in the air means more time for the chasers to chase and less distance between them and the winger when the ball is caught.

^^^ This. It was clearly the tactic. A couple of times we trapped them within 10 of the try line and pinned them in the 30 for the set.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:

^^^ This. It was clearly the tactic. A couple of times we trapped them within 10 of the try line and pinned them in the 30 for the set.

Yup, and this coming from Wallace's biggest bagger as well [icon_wink

Beads - same sort of game in Woolloongong last year when we won 12-2. Based around the kick, and good field position. Our kicking game that night was perfect and not one kick was put in looking for a try. They were put in to have the Dragons working it out from their own line and kicking from deep in their territory. The brains trust at the Broncos coaching staff have obviously devised a tactic for games against the Dragons and considering we have won 3 of our last 4 clashes with them, seems to work well.

Seems a bit wastefull when we have Folau and Yow Yeh who can both take the kick well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.