Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares, Kenny is what he is USELESS.

Kenny is not an impact forward, he's a solid defender.

As has been said before here, that's fine if he's on the field at the same time as an impact forward (Setu, Hannant) but not fine when he's onfield with another sloth (Troncy)

Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Coxy said:
I expect those who vehemently retaliated when the exact same sentiment was said about Wallace will come and defend Kenny too.

Here fishy fishy.

I've said kenny has been useless for a long time. Too easily dominated by opposition defenders.

finally some people talking some sense.... kenny, shite..... sims, not as bad as everyone makes out..... calls for setu to come back..... hallelujah!!!!

Coxy said:
I expect those who vehemently retaliated when the exact same sentiment was said about Wallace will come and defend Kenny too.

I'll take the bait.
I actually very much agree with what you and GCBronco said regarding Kenny and I've never said he is useless. It's quite the opposite because he is a very valuable team member, but it is overwhelmingly clear that he is currently not achieving what he can and it's impacting a lot on our go forward. And he probably knows that himself too.
Now I know that the same can be said about Wallace, but more importantly...
We have players capable of doing a better job than Kenny is currently doing. Can anyone say the same about Wallace with a straight face (AP excluded)?

Besides, there are no available half backs out there capable of doing a better job that Wallace, unless we can go to the Storm and offer them a straight swap for Cronk... [icon_drun

is there anyone who can do a better job than wallace? no, because at this point in time our only back up for wallace is playing a quarter of a game out of position at hooker instead of a full game at half back in the q cup. another coaching master stroke......

kluppy said:
is there anyone who can do a better job than wallace? no, because at this point in time our only back up for wallace is playing a quarter of a game out of position at hooker instead of a full game at half back in the q cup. another coaching master stroke......
Having Hunt playing in the NRL is the right move ATM. the NRL is far superior to the QLD Cup, and having him playing in the top grade will only benefit both us and him in the long run. besides i think that his NRL future may lie at hooker instead of half back.

Hunt's potentially a much better halfback than Wallace. Wallace's future is more likely to end up at hooker, as others have said. He's not got the creativity or vision to be a chief playmaker.

What's Hunt done to convince you he has that creativity?

Big Pete said:
What's Hunt done to convince you he has that creativity?

Player of the season in Under 20s in 2008, and during that time he showed tremendous vision, ability to read the play, excellent tactical kicking, brilliant passing game, strong running game. All the elements of a great halfback.

Sure he hasn't shown that in first grade yet but he hasn't been given that opportunity either.

Meanwhile we have Wallace there who seems to doubt his own ability, get in two minds about what to do and inevitably gets tackled or throws a rushed pass. He's in horrid form and I'm not convinced he'll ever be a quality playmaker without a superstar next to him.

Coxy said:
Hunt's potentially a much better halfback than Wallace. Wallace's future is more likely to end up at hooker, as others have said. He's not got the creativity or vision to be a chief playmaker.

[icon_ee

Let me get this straight Coxy. Your entire opinion of Hunt is based on the Toyota Cup, a sub-par competition where defence is meaningless? Wow, that's an incredibly solid base for your argument to sit.

Now, Hunt may of received the player of the year award but did you know Sandow was selected as halfback of the year while Hunt had to take a bench spot? In fact, I believe Sandow and Barba were both comfortably leading the Dally M leaderboard before they both received a promotion which obviously Hunt benefited from.

However there is no doubting Hunt had a good year in 2008 and showed he had the potential to be the next Cronk. Unfortunately for him he's stagnated terrible and his few performances have shown he isn't qualified to play as a first grade halfback.

What I find amusing Coxy is that you're willing to tear down an NRL star who's career has stagnated since 2008 but you love to talk up an NYC star who's career has also stagnated since 2008. Double standards or am I just reading too much into it?

I believe we should give both players until the end of next season to show who should be starting halfback for the Broncos. By then you'd have a fair estimate of what each player will actually bring you.

Ok, these last few posts from Coxy clearly show he has an agenda about Wallace. I agree with Big Pete 100% in everything you said. It's no point arguing with Coxy about Wallace as you can clearly see here. Anyways, let's get an admin in here to start banning us who keep going off topic.

To keep it on topic, I heard that we had signed Kemp for another year. I know it's old news, but I never really heard anyone confirm or provide evidence. It was just gossip?

Yeah apparently a whole group of names including McCullough, McGuire, Yow Yeh, Gagai and Kemp were listed as major resignings.

Not bad, hopefully Kemp will have more look next season. The poor bugger has had a tough time with injury this year.

The Rock said:
At least Wallace has proven that he can string a whole heap of good games together and show some real form, confidence and skill. Sure Wallace has been inconsistent at times through the years but with a bit more time and experience I think he can be a consistant halfback for us.

People like Coxy seem to forget. Wallace isn't an experienced halfback or anything, he's played around 80 first grade games. You'd have to give him until the end of NEXT year to prove himself before worrying about moving him to hooker or cutting him altogether.

Same with Hunt. Give him time too. But Hunt isn't the pimple of Peter Wallace's arse as far as I'm concerned.

80 first grade games isnt experienced? Please.

Wallace has grossly underachieved so far, especially given the ridiculously hasty decision to upgrade and extend his contract in 2008.

Well considering you were trying to argue Todd Carney's a good fullback earlier this year, I think your judgment can be expunged from the record :P

I thought Carney played well at fullback when he was played there this year.

Where are the admins? Coxy you should be banned for trying to take every thread into a Wallace debate and off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • porouian
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rowdy124
  • BroncosMan
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • eggstar10
  • Bish
  • davidp
  • Swordfish
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.