Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Personally I think Sims has been shafted a bit. I'd prefer to keep Sims than Kenny that is for sure.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Was he not the worst buy ever? I rate him as a player but ffs he was never given a chance IMO. Every single game this year he played he was outstanding. Making plenty of metres good in defence. I The Cowboys will use him well IMO. I'd say he will be a started in their pack next year.

I dont know what happened between him and IH but it must of been pretty bad for him to continue to not get picked. So whens the signing announcement of the third sims brother?? Whats with NQ trying to buy all our backrowers the dirty *****??

S

s_s_s

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Korbin Sims is still signed to the end of next year. Have to wait and see what happens after that.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
s_s_s said:
Korbin Sims is still signed to the end of next year. Have to wait and see what happens after that.

He hasn't played first grade or Origin therefore he's not up to it.

Kind regards,
BHQ posters who have cast similar judgment on Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Dale Copley et al

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Copley played alright when I've seen him play. Hunt does a good job.

Norman is as hopeless as a sack of shit.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I actually do feel a bit sorry for Ashton Sims this season in terms of lack of game time. Don't get me wrong, if the coaching staff see a problem with his attitude then fair enough.

However, meanwhile he watches Nick Kenny be an automatic selection based, I assume, on his form last year and yet he's totally useless this year.

I am certain Kenny's attitude to training and preparation is first class. He's that kind of guy. But if he's not performing on the field then give it to someone else.

What gives?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
That's why Bennett persisted with Brad Meyers and Dane Carlaw. Their training and prep was outstanding (but come game time they would suck).

A lot of coaches seem to do it. I don't understand it.

I do. Reward their commitment and it might be returned with performance. The key is realising when there's going to be no return on it!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
I actually do feel a bit sorry for Ashton Sims this season in terms of lack of game time. Don't get me wrong, if the coaching staff see a problem with his attitude then fair enough.

However, meanwhile he watches Nick Kenny be an automatic selection based, I assume, on his form last year and yet he's totally useless this year.

I am certain Kenny's attitude to training and preparation is first class. He's that kind of guy. But if he's not performing on the field then give it to someone else.

What gives?

I do tend to agree with you Coxy though problem is Coxy when I think back to a bloke like Michael Hancock who like a few other stars at the time had previously given the club outstanding service on and off the field was told by the club in no uncertain terms his only certainty was in the lower grades or better off going elsewhere, the others left and Hancock stayed, worked hard to work on his game and show he still had something to offer the Broncos and that only showed the sort of character and player he was, Hancock went on to win more premierships with the club. Attitude IMO on and off the field is not to be underestimated and I would prefer someone who's not travelling in the best of form but still got the right attitude on and off the field, then someone who might potentially be a better selection at present in terms of performance but hasn't shown the attitude necessary to deserve consistent selection in first grade because attitude is a large factor when it comes to consistency and thats something Sims hasn't shown at the Broncos. Thats not to say he hasn't played well, just I think where Setu and Te'o have shown improvement especially in consistency on the field since joining the club I haven't seen that from Sims when he has played in first grade.

Also I think its been pretty hard for Kenny to really get back to where he was last season given the bad run of injuries his had this season, I'm not making an excuse for him more that it may be a factor to it and perhaps he should spend sometime in the Queensland cup to regain some confidence and then bring him back.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Totally 100% agree with you GC. Good club men are people you don't underestimate. And as I said, Kenny's one of the nicest blokes and the most committed trainers and players that you'll see. But when push comes to shove, Ivan needs to put the needs of the team first...and fact is with two very run of the mill props starting the game we tend to surrender a bit of X Factor in the early exchanges.

Setu offered something different and it's no surprise he was there during the Broncos' good run earlier in the year.
Even Anderson runs with more aggression than Kenny.

I'd be happy with either of them partnering Tronc to start, with Kenny OR Dodds on the bench, but not both.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Totally 100% agree with you GC. Good club men are people you don't underestimate. And as I said, Kenny's one of the nicest blokes and the most committed trainers and players that you'll see. But when push comes to shove, Ivan needs to put the needs of the team first...and fact is with two very run of the mill props starting the game we tend to surrender a bit of X Factor in the early exchanges.

Setu offered something different and it's no surprise he was there during the Broncos' good run earlier in the year.
Even Anderson runs with more aggression than Kenny.

I'd be happy with either of them partnering Tronc to start, with Kenny OR Dodds on the bench, but not both.

Thats fair enough Coxy, I don't think Kenny should be assured a certain spot in first grade especially next season with Hannant coming back and I do agree Kenny isn't the most explosive frontrower but I would have him ahead of Dodds because he has workrate you need from a replacement or starting prop of his style, whereas with Dodds his shown a top quality defensive game but no real metregaining ability (yet it may develop).

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
yep, Setu needs to come back.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:

Whoahhhhhh, I thought you hated Setu? Glad to see you've changed! :mrgreen:

I agree with everything Coxy's said. As much as I admire Kenny's attitude and commitment, he's just not performing at the moment. The only reason Setu even got dropped from the side was because of injury, time to bring him back.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I've just realised...we're straying from the topic of this thread!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:

Whoahhhhhh, I thought you hated Setu? Glad to see you've changed! :mrgreen:

I agree with everything Coxy's said. As much as I admire Kenny's attitude and commitment, he's just not performing at the moment. The only reason Setu even got dropped from the side was because of injury, time to bring him back.

I don't hate any Broncos players, besides Ikin.

I only had a go at Setu coz he wasn't really having a go, his lax attitude to defense was costing us multiple tries. But when he did start getting stuck in, I was happy to see him in the team.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm also a bit sad to see Sims go. He played some good footy for us and i'm sure if given a bit more of a chance this season he could be a real asset leading into the finals.

What's the bet he comes alive at the Cowboys

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
Was he not the worst buy ever? ?

Nah mate, Clinton was worse and so was Swain and Motu Tony.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:

What gives?

Sims has been made a bit of a scapegoat and unfairly IMO. All Sims problems stem back to him having a go at Ivan for not being selected in round 1 IMO. Also he probably was overpaid a bit all things considered. Kenny really is useless though.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

What gives?

Sims has been made a bit of a scapegoat and unfairly IMO. All Sims problems stem back to him having a go at Ivan for not being selected in round 1 IMO. Also he probably was overpaid a bit all things considered. Kenny really is useless though.

I expect those who vehemently retaliated when the exact same sentiment was said about Wallace will come and defend Kenny too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.