Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
lyn said:
Just read theres a rumour that we have released Steve Michaels and the Sharks are after him.

Is baiting back in art at BHQ?

CM is reporting Ben Hunt has signed with the Broncos for a further 2 years.

Superb we have Hunt signed up now to get the house in order.

Vossy just said on the footy show that Lima will be looking for a new club next year. I know we had this conversation last year but what would you guys think of making a play at him for 2011? He will be asking for way less than what Hannant is but he will still be a fantastic pick up for us if we have the $$ spare which we SHOULD...

8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Tronc
14.Lima
15.Anderson

Our pack could go from one of the worst to one of the best.

An Origin standard prop who doesn't play Origin! I would love to have Lima, he is a gun.

lyn said:
Vossy just said on the footy show that Lima will be looking for a new club next year. I know we had this conversation last year but what would you guys think of making a play at him for 2011? He will be asking for way less than what Hannant is but he will still be a fantastic pick up for us if we have the $$ spare which we SHOULD...

8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Tronc
14.Lima
15.Anderson

Our pack could go from one of the worst to one of the best.

If we bought Lima he would be starting. And as much as I would love to see it happen cause I think Lima is a gun prop, I don't think he'll be coming to us, we'll probably have sfa left under the cap.

Lima is a gun, he would be an awesome pickup.
Add Lima and Tronc to current forward pack and we really do have a good forward pack.

Considering the likes of Hala and Lui are coming up I believe the Broncos are in good stead for the future.

broncospwn said:
Lima is a gun, he would be an awesome pickup.
Add Lima and Tronc to current forward pack and we really do have a good forward pack.

I agree with that

Lima would be an awesome buy but I think we have to be careful how many props we look to buy. I think having 3 experienced blokes then all our young props is probably enough. Otherwise we will likely lose a few of our youngsters due to lack of oppurtunity.

The Australian reported two days ago that the Broncos are linked with Tolman along with a number of other clubs.

We are linked to everyone lately.

Big Pete said:
The Australian reported two days ago that the Broncos are linked with Tolman along with a number of other clubs.

Every year, the stars align for at least one player. He fills a need other clubs are looking for. Tolman could be that man.

Brisbane has placed him on its front row hit-list. Newcastle is watching closely. The Sydney Roosters have had their interest piqued.

He shapes as an ideal replacement for Ben Hannant should the Bulldogs star decide his future really does lie in south-east Queensland.

Tolman is exactly the sort of player Cronulla could re-build its club around.

"We have been in negotiations with his manager for a few weeks," Ponissi said.

"We have put an offer on the table. We have left it with him and his manager to consider. Now the ball is in their court.

"He carries the ball all day. His defence is strong. He's one bloke we don't want to lose."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5847701264

More props the better.
Tolman/Tronc/Kenny/Lima/Anderson + McCullough, Parker, Teo and Gillet and we have one of the best packs in the competition going into 2011.

That's a huge IF though because I think only 1 or maybe 2 of those signings will actually happen.

If all 3 happened though we have a killer back line and great halves so we would be serious premiership contenders next year if it did happen.

Tolman looks good but so do a lot of players when they play with the Storm. Any club that gets in a bidding war for his signature may find themselves paying massive overs.

I disagree, Tolman looks good because he IS good. One of the best rookie props in years.

I think the Broncos need to sign experienced props not young one. We have 5 or 6 good young prospects.

#1 Kemp fan said:
I think the Broncos need to sign experienced props not young one. We have 5 or 6 good young prospects.

None of them are in the same league as Tolman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• animal eater
  • Justwin
  • Locky24
  • Strop
  • bb_gun
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.