Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
I think the Broncos need to sign experienced props not young one. We have 5 or 6 good young prospects.

None of them are in the same league as Tolman.

Too early to tell IMO but you could be right I guess it depends on how much coin Tolman wants.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'd still like us to sign Civo for him to finish his career with us. I think he would be a valuable asset to us for the development of our young players.

So if we do get Civo, That probably means we have room for 1 of Tronc, Tolman or Lima

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
should go for Tolman AND/OR Lima. If we do get one or in the best case scenario, both, our forward pack would be dominant.

Does anyone know what the go is with Tronc? Is he signing with us or what? I've heard a lot of crap about Tronc coming to Brisbane in the papers and on here for that matter, but that ain't gonna mean anything unless Ivan and the team makes a play for him. Seriously, I hope he does, he would be a valuable asset if he does end up coming.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wakefield looks likely to release him... I think he will be in our lineup by the sharks game...

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
nopatience101 said:
Wakefield looks likely to release him... I think he will be in our lineup by the sharks game...

Cheers mate icon_thumbs_u

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
nopatience101 said:
Foordy said:
nopatience101 said:
Lima will be in Sydney...

how do you know that?
because hes been trying to get home for 18months but couldnt get a release...
He just signed last year, if he wanted to go home he could off because he was off contract.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
nopatience101 said:
Foordy said:
nopatience101 said:
Lima will be in Sydney...

how do you know that?
because hes been trying to get home for 18months but couldnt get a release...
He just signed last year, if he wanted to go home he could off because he was off contract.
He re-signed in mid 2008 till end of 2011...

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
True but they said yesterday during the coverage that he will be elswhere next year due to salary cap pressure squeezing him out so there must be an option in the Storms favour.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter said:
True but they said yesterday during the coverage that he will be elswhere next year due to salary cap pressure squeezing him out so there must be an option in the Storms favour.
Yes and he will be in Sydney, hes got a lot of ties there from his days at wests and has been eager to get back there for a while...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
But if he has been trying to get out for 18 months that means he has been trying to get out about a month or 2 after he signed his contract, why would he sign for 3 years if he s as desperate as you to get back to Sydney?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
But if he has been trying to get out for 18 months that means he has been trying to get out about a month or 2 after he signed his contract, why would he sign for 3 years if he s as desperate as you to get back to Sydney?

ask Ben Hannant

W

whatever

BRL Player
Aug 26, 2009
Not sure if this has been posted (looks familiar). Closest thing I've seen to confirming the Tronc romour:
http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/wildcats/Wildcats-head-coach-Kear-confirms.6199171.jp

He said: "There are all sorts of rumours being knocked about but there's no doubt about the fact that his wife isn't happy here and that means Shane is also affected."

He continued: "Shane signed a contract with Wakefield Trinity Wildcats but he's also a dad and has responsibilities there too."

Wakefield are currently in "extensive talks" with the 28-year-old and his agent and the situation is expected to be resolved "in the next few weeks".

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Sounds good :)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 81,00.html

Melbourne Rebels seek ARU assistance in bid to sign Israel Folau
By Bret Harris and Brent Read
April 07, 2010 After signing New South Wales Waratahs hooker Adam Freier, speculation continues to rise that Melbourne Rebels are chasing rugby league star Israel Folau.

The Broncos believe they have a guarantee from Folau's management that he will see out the remaining two years of his contract, but the speculation about the Rebels will not go away.

Rebels chief executive Brian Waldron, who previously worked for the Storm, indicated Melbourne would be interested in Folau if the ARU provided him with a top-up.

Folau would provide the Rebels with strike power in the backline as well as a known face in the Melbourne sporting market.

But the ARU and the Rebels would have to match the $400,000 a year Folau is currently earning in rugby league.

"Any interest in any rugby league player of any significance has to be determined by the ARU," Waldron said.

"If the ARU was interested, every province would be interested."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.