Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Nothing story IMO. This is just Union scrapping for whatever media space they can get off the back of League. They've been doing it for a number of years since they started to become fairly irrelevant in Aussie sport.

Besides, I'm sure even Izzy would realise that it's just not worth wasting your talent away (and catching a cold) in the outside backs of a Union team - despite the superior coin on offer.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The Eels had announced they were suspending negotiations with any of their off-contract players until the team's form improves, after a disastrous start to the season.

With Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu and Kris Keating all coming off contract at the end of the year, the rumour mill is suggesting the Eels are considering splashing their cash on the game's best halfback.
http://www.bigpondsport.com/news/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

Mataeo,Inu and Keating all possibly being told to look elsewhere just so the Eels can sign Thurston.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Mateo might be worth a look but we don't need anymore fkn backliners.

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
Would love to see us chase Mateo but where would he play? Anyway I would much prefer to have one of Lima or Tolman to join Tronc as signings!

Imagine this:
1.Winterstein
2. Yow Yeh
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Kemp
6.Lockyear
7.Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullogh
10. Tolman/Lima
11.Thaiday
12.Parker
13. Gillet

14.Te'o
15.Kenny
16.Sims
17.Glenn

Does anybody like that team or what?!

That team would challenge for the premiership!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
draggx said:
The Eels had announced they were suspending negotiations with any of their off-contract players until the team's form improves, after a disastrous start to the season.

With Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu and Kris Keating all coming off contract at the end of the year, the rumour mill is suggesting the Eels are considering splashing their cash on the game's best halfback.

Mataeo,Inu and Keating all possibly being told to look elsewhere just so the Eels can sign Thurston.

Meh, we don't need any of them. I would be really upset if we signed any of them as it would mean losing some of our youngsters. We have the backline covered so Inu would be a waste, we have the halves covered with Hunt as backup and we don't need a utility on the bench so Keating would be a waste, and we have an amazing backrow with more and more talent coming in every year so Mateo isn't needed either.

I really doubt Thurston will play for another NRL club. I just can't see it happening.

I reckon the Cowboys/Warriors should take a look at those 3 players. All of them have fantastic potential.

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
lyn said:
draggx said:

Meh, we don't need any of them. I would be really upset if we signed any of them as it would mean losing some of our youngsters. We have the backline covered so Inu would be a waste, we have the halves covered with Hunt as backup and we don't need a utility on the bench so Keating would be a waste, and we have an amazing backrow with more and more talent coming in every year so Mateo isn't needed either.

I really doubt Thurston will play for another NRL club. I just can't see it happening.

I reckon the Cowboys/Warriors should take a look at those 3 players. All of them have fantastic potential.
I agree with you, I rekon Keating will end up at the Cowboys for some reason and Inu and Mateo will end up at the Warriors

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
broncos777 said:
Would love to see us chase Mateo but where would he play? Anyway I would much prefer to have one of Lima or Tolman to join Tronc as signings!

Imagine this:
1.Winterstein
2. Yow Yeh
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Kemp
8. Tronc
9. McCullogh
10. Tolman/Lima
11.Thaiday
12.Parker
13. Gillet

14.Te'o
15.Kenny
16.Sims
17.Glenn

Not with only 15 players and no halves they won't [icon_ee

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
Flutterby said:
broncos777 said:

Imagine this:
1.Winterstein
2. Yow Yeh
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Kemp
8. Tronc
9. McCullogh
10. Tolman/Lima
11.Thaiday
12.Parker
13. Gillet

14.Te'o
15.Kenny
16.Sims
17.Glenn

LSMMTUAFIMC!!!!

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
Flutterby said:
broncos777 said:

Imagine this:
1.Winterstein
2. Yow Yeh
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Kemp
6.Lockyear
7.Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullogh
10. Tolman/Lima
11.Thaiday
12.Parker
13. Gillet

14.Te'o
15.Kenny
16.Sims
17.Glenn

lol woops.

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
shaneomac said:
Flutterby said:
broncos777 said:

Imagine this:
1.Winterstein
2. Yow Yeh
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Kemp
6.Lockyear
7.Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullogh
10. Tolman/Lima
11.Thaiday
12.Parker
13. Gillet

14.Te'o
15.Kenny
16.Sims
17.Glenn

LSMMTUAFIMC!!!!
Yeah I made a mistake man, I fixed it!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Swap Kemp and Winter.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We really really don't need anymore backrowers IMO. Mateo is good at times but I really think it would be a waste of time and money bothering with him.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
I hope they are looking hard at getting Thurston. Another underrated prop or two and JT would put us in good stead.

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
I reckon we should make a play for Ben Barba. He wanted to come to last yr but couldn't get a release.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
joshobro said:
I reckon we should make a play for Ben Barba. He wanted to come to last yr but couldn't get a release.
If he was happy with playing QLD Cup and came really cheap then I wouldn't mind signing him. we don't need him though and Ben Hunt > Ben Barba as Locky's replacement.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I personally think we should stay the hel away from any Barba

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
**** no to Ben Barba if his attitude is anything like Aarons.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.