Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Maybe there's a coaching position available at the end of his playing contract too ?

We could only hope

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
We need a good old head around. I'm not sure about 2 years at his age I think one year at a time is better but if anyone can do it he can. That being said I would much prefer Hannant because he's a lot younger.

I think 2 years is perfect... besides Civo wont ask for anywhere near the amount Hannant wants, because for civo it truely will be about coming home to QLD

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Foordy said:
broncospwn said:
We need a good old head around. I'm not sure about 2 years at his age I think one year at a time is better but if anyone can do it he can. That being said I would much prefer Hannant because he's a lot younger.

I think 2 years is perfect... besides Civo wont ask for anywhere near the amount Hannant wants, because for civo it truely will be about coming home to QLD
True that, I don't think he'll be miking us for cash. If he can go for 2 years fine but I think a year to year contract is better and if he can't go in 2012(i.e bad form) than he can instead go into forwards coaching. Be good to have him back for sure.

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
i recon we will see both civo and hannant return to the club.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
sydney_bronco09 said:

with what Hannant is reportedly asking for there is zero chance of us being able to sign them both. however I think we may see Tronc and Civo come to the Broncos

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
Does this mean we can write Aiden Tolman off? I know it was just a media article so that was a stupid question lol. However if it is true that we are chasing Tronc for this year and Civo to return next year. I can't see us getting another prop!

P.S. I expect Hannant to drop his asking price after everyone pulled out of the race.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Foordy said:
sydney_bronco09 said:
however I think we may see Tronc and Civo come to the Broncos

Two Former Redcliffe Players - What more could you ask for icon_thumbs_u

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
BroncoMatt said:
Foordy said:
sydney_bronco09 said:
however I think we may see Tronc and Civo come to the Broncos

Two Former Redcliffe Players - What more could you ask for icon_thumbs_u

Tatey??

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Troncey was a Dolphin before he was a Cowboy.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Big no from me re Scott Tronc, may be a big bopper but has got nothing hence why the Cows got rid of him and he semi-retired to play in UK. Petero yes on a year to year basis, Hannant no as has wrong motives for mine, unless he gets desperate and we get him for a bargain price (unlikely)

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
Russo said:
Big no from me re Scott Tronc, may be a big bopper but has got nothing hence why the Cows got rid of him and he semi-retired to play in UK. Petero yes on a year to year basis, Hannant no as has wrong motives for mine, unless he gets desperate and we get him for a bargain price (unlikely)
How can you comment on Tronc when you don't even know his name :mrgreen:

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
Matthew Head would be an interesting buy if they could pull it off. Very cheap and would add good depth to the halves/hooker position. Obviously he is injury prone but he wouldn't cost mega bucks. I think he is playing lower grade football in NSW anyway.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Actually we have good depth in the Hookers/Halves right now which is half the reason Smith is at the Sharks.

Weird saying Brisbane have good depth in the Hooker/Halves..

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
db1459 said:
Matthew Head would be an interesting buy if they could pull it off. Very cheap and would add good depth to the halves/hooker position. Obviously he is injury prone but he wouldn't cost mega bucks. I think he is playing lower grade football in NSW anyway.

Cause Gorrell was a tops buy icon_thumbs_u

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
db1459 said:

Head is out for the season with yet another season ending injury.
So no thanks.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
Shame.

Was just a random thought, anyway icon_thumbs_u

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5852195594

THE Broncos have given Israel Folau 19 days to commit to the club as it was revealed the Origin and Test star made a secret approach to return to the Melbourne Storm.

Folau's future at the Broncos has come under the microscope, with a Storm insider claiming the 21-year-old has made inquiries about reuniting with his former Melbourne teammates, and persistent speculation he was a target for the new Melbourne Rebels rugby franchise.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Smithdom said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-sweat-on-israel-folau-decision-as-storm-rumours-grow/story-e6frep5x-1225852195594

THE Broncos have given Israel Folau 19 days to commit to the club as it was revealed the Origin and Test star made a secret approach to return to the Melbourne Storm.

Folau's future at the Broncos has come under the microscope, with a Storm insider claiming the 21-year-old has made inquiries about reuniting with his former Melbourne teammates, and persistent speculation he was a target for the new Melbourne Rebels rugby franchise.

:shock: I will be fucking furious if that's true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Astro
  • broncoscope
  • Volvo Driver
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrRobot
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.