Status
Not open for further replies.
D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Je$ter said:
ddd said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":ho7jokp7]What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

And to think how long he has graced our sidelines with his presence if he does run out on us :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Thanks Broncos, I'll take your cash, gets injuries out of the way, and run back to Melbourne playing you all for chumps"

Bucking Beads said:
What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

Do y'all understand these guys are professional footballers? Ie, it is their job?

Why should they show loyalty if they can get more money somewhere else? If I'd been at a job for years and years but another company wanted my services for more money and my current employer wasn't willing to match it, of course I'd leave! Sure it'd be hard after making acquaintances and friends and being settled in a place, but you've got to look out for number one, simple as that![/quote:ho7jokp7]

So you're happy he's potentially leaving, what team do you support?

Sorry i got upset, and I imagine beadsy did too cause we care about the Broncos - sorry, I though this was a supporters forums [icon_shru

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Frankly, I'm a rugby league supporter now, but Broncos will always have a place in my heart cause they are the team I've followed since my youth.

Not happy he's leaving, but I can take of my Broncos hat and see why he might potentially leave. It'd be shit if he did leave, but him leaving might mean picking up 2 or 3 quality players with his cap number?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
Frankly, I'm a rugby league supporter now, but Broncos will always have a place in my heart cause they are the team I've followed since my youth.
Not happy he's leaving, but I can take of my Broncos hat and see why he might potentially leave. It'd be shit if he did leave, but him leaving might mean picking up 2 or 3 quality players with his cap number?

So your turning your back on a team you have followed since your youth??

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I really hope Izzy sees out the rest of his contract and then also re-signed with us at the end of that one (as long as his form and fitness deserves it of course, which it should...). Because by then Hodgo will be getting into his 30's and if he is still here, lets admit it, he won't be as dominant as past times and won't have much time left. If we lose both Hodges and Folau over the next couple of years then we are going to be lacking that strike power out wide. Folau is our future and we need to do all we can to keep him here.

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
lyn said:
I really hope Izzy sees out the rest of his contract and then also re-signed with us at the end of that one (as long as his form and fitness deserves it of course, which it should...). Because by then Hodgo will be getting into his 30's and if he is still here, lets admit it, he won't be as dominant as past times and won't have much time left. If we lose both Hodges and Folau over the next couple of years then we are going to be lacking that strike power out wide. Folau is our future and we need to do all we can to keep him here.
Agreed! We need Folau and I will be very pissed off if he leaves!

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
At the end of the day if Falou left at the end of two years he's seen out the agreed part of his contract as the 3rd and 4th years are in his favour. Seriously alot of people here were quite happy for Hannant to BREAK his contract and for Tronc to BREAK his to come to the Broncos but if Izzy wants to see out his agreed contract but take the final two years off it (which are in his option) everyone wants to crucify (sorry not a mormon joke) him. Lots of double standards here. Izzy's been great for us and I dont want him to leave but the kid has to make choices. We cant expect him to be loyal to the broncs just cause he's played for us for 1 1/8 years. Loyalty is out the door at your second club.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Je$ter":xo3vjy6x]Frankly, I'm a rugby league supporter now, but Broncos will always have a place in my heart cause they are the team I've followed since my youth.

So your turning your back on a team you have followed since your youth??[/quote:xo3vjy6x]

Not at all. The Broncos are still my team. I suppose I just appreciate watching teams play good rugby league - whether it be the structure of the Storm or a flashy team like the Warriors.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
anyone heard what's happening with tronc?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
he has his own Topic... Cause thats how he rolls..

Check there for news mate

P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
Meanwhile Civoniceva welcomed news from north of the border that Brisbane boss Bruno Cullen said the club can afford to sign both he and Bulldogs prop Ben Hannant next season should they want to.

A lot of salary cap space by the looks of it..

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
don't want both IMO, one or the other lets sign up our young talent first.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:

What if we can sign up our 'young talent' and get both?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Neither. Let's get Ben Ross!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:

What if we can sign up our 'young talent' and get both?

Well I guess it depends on how long we sign Tronc for.. We have so many young props coming through we don't want to hold them back to long otherwise we will lose them.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'd still classify Hannant as young talent, he's only 25 and has a lot of time left

As Beads sort of said, the real issue is having both Tronc and Civoniceva in the same side - our front row would be too slow with those two together. Civ and Hannant would be perfect though, with Kenny on the bench and let Lui, Dodds, McGuire, Te'o, Sims, Setu, etc fight it out for the other spots on the bench and watch the cream rise to the top. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • LittleDavey
  • bronxsupporter
  • Totally Unr3al
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • barker
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.