Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Mooney at red hill in assistant role? Strange one...

look what i found guys.......

Mooney takes on Broncos back line

Former Queensland Reds coach Phil Mooney has been appointed as backs coach at the Brisbane Broncos in a shock move from the NRL giants.

After watching his side bow out of the 2009 premiership race at the hands of eventual premier Melbourne, Broncos coach Ivan Henjak foreshadowed changes in his second year in the post Wayne Bennett held for 21 seasons.

And he has followed through on the promise, promoting highly-regarded under-20s coach Anthony Griffin into a full-time assistant role.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
The Australian understands Griffin will look after the defensive structures of the team, with Mooney to oversee the development of the Broncos star-studded though youth-laden backline.

Despite boasting just a 23 per cent winning rate in his two seasons at the helm of the embattled Reds, Mooney is known as for his outstanding work with young players and his technical proficiency developing backlines.

He made his name in rugby union guiding the Australian under-19s side to victory in the 2006 World Cup -- a tournament in which Australia has traditionally struggled.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5797072997

I find the point about the sidebar very interesting.

I wonder how we will accommodate the sidebar in our team?

Sidebar is an excellent prospect at five eighth, he could be a superstar.

oh god. what league experience does he have?

pennywisealfie said:
oh god. what league experience does he have?
its only part time & he played league as a junior... its only skills anyway, which are basics in both codes...

Apparently Sidebar is excellent on the wing. Very good at staying close to the sideline.

man u guys pick on everything! hahaha i just wanted to be the first one to post it.....hence the hurry. well folks the next piece of broncos news you will be hearing in the near future is that joel clinton is on his way to the UK.

Poor Clinton wonder how he sleeps at night. God damn it bloke plays his heart out and is repayed with non stop talk of him being let go.

joshobro said:
Finally! I was wondering when we were going to get someone. Now sign Danny Williams from the dogs and we will be set!

+18923789519.

Danny Williams is a gun forward, was killing it for Dogs when he gets his (limited) opportunities in 08/09. Queenslander as well would be a huge addition if he hasn't already signed somewhere else.

draggx said:
Poor Clinton wonder how he sleeps at night. God damn it bloke plays his heart out and is repayed with non stop talk of him being let go.

If we let him go, i will be very disappointed.

hahaha coxy wrong Danny Williams the king hitter retired a while back. The young qld born ex roosters forward who is with the dogs now. Artie Beetson blew up hardcore when they let him go saying he is one of the best young forwards he has ever seen.

Coxy said:
Woohoo! A decent forward signing!
_woohoo_ _woohoo_
Very happy :) Gives me some hope for next year.

sydney_bronco09 said:
The Australian understands Griffin will look after the defensive structures of the team

Does this not bother anyone else?

The U20's as a comp was horrible in defence. The attitude is all wrong. They give up too easily.
I am concerned if he is now the defence coach.

Prince Langer said:
[quote="sydney_bronco09":1hpsk4g2]The Australian understands Griffin will look after the defensive structures of the team

Does this not bother anyone else?

The U20's as a comp was horrible in defence. The attitude is all wrong. They give up too easily.
I am concerned if he is now the defence coach.[/quote:1hpsk4g2]

He also coached Redcliffe Dolphins to numerous finals appearances.

He isn't the one that has to go out there and tackle, that is the players, he just sets the systems and the like.

Plus it seems to be systemic across the U20 competition that there is a lack of intensity in defence, it wasn't just the broncos.

lynx000 said:
Plus it seems to be systemic across the U20 competition that there is a lack of intensity in defence, it wasn't just the broncos.

And that would have alot to do with the fowards not maturing into solid players untill Mid 20's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bucking Beads
  • DMZ
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Redux
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.