Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
gUt said:
He is a man of God, and a good Mormon Christian. There's no way he came just for the money.

No, but the Mormon Church might've made him come (and now go) for the money........

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Those gold spires are expensive. So are those luxury cars the priests drive.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Am I correct in what I think I read the other day - if he says nothing once the deadline is up, the option in favour of the club is automatically in effect?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yep, you're right Emma.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The Rock said:
I actually can't believe there was a get out clause at all. Considering we lost half a damn team to sign him, the broncos should have locked him in, good and proper.

Isn't that why his contract was backended so if he leaves after 2 years he wasn't costing us that much to start with.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter said:
The Rock said:
I actually can't believe there was a get out clause at all. Considering we lost half a damn team to sign him, the broncos should have locked him in, good and proper.

Isn't that why his contract was backended so if he leaves after 2 years he wasn't costing us that much to start with.

Yep. My understanding was he stood to get close to a 50% increase if he played out the last 2 years, that he was on < $300K for the first 2 years and more like $450K for years 3 and 4.

Frankly I think freeing up that $450K or so (speculative) will be a huge boost for the Broncos hence why nobody at the Broncos is slashing their wrists.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'll be slashing my wrists! Izzy FTS has given me a fair bit of coin over the years.

With Yawnion it'll be "Will Folau see the ball?" yes: $13 no: $1.05

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
nice, sounds good

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Coxy said:
Dexter said:
The Rock said:

Yep. My understanding was he stood to get close to a 50% increase if he played out the last 2 years, that he was on < $300K for the first 2 years and more like $450K for years 3 and 4.

Frankly I think freeing up that $450K or so (speculative) will be a huge boost for the Broncos hence why nobody at the Broncos is slashing their wrists.

It will be interesting where they spend that money if it becomes available. My tip is still Thurston, even though publicly he still says he won't play against the Cows, money talks. Until he inks a contract he is still looking for the best offer.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:
Coxy said:
Dexter said:
The Rock said:

It will be interesting where they spend that money if it becomes available. My tip is still Thurston, even though publicly he still says he won't play against the Cows, money talks. Until he inks a contract he is still looking for the best offer.

Brent Tate will get it all!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Baha, the man with the heat bag on his neck,

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Bucking Beads said:
Dexter said:
Coxy said:
Dexter said:
[quote="The Rock":3hpcbrtz]I actually can't believe there was a get out clause at all. Considering we lost half a damn team to sign him, the broncos should have locked him in, good and proper.

Brent Tate will get it all![/quote:3hpcbrtz]

Woo! Call by Beadsy - testify!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We could use his money to buy a bunch of decent backs for Henjak to put on the bench.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Alec said:
We could use his money to buy a bunch of decent backs for Henjak to put on the bench.
Zing [icon_lol1.

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
Cooper Cronk should be our target. Peter Wallace can go anywhere else.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
joshobro said:
Cooper Cronk should be our target. Peter Wallace can go anywhere else.
Should, won't happen though the club won't even bother looking at Cronk while we have Peter Wallace.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bobblehead would be nothing withouth his storm team mates and game plan!!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Coxy said:
Dexter said:
[quote="The Rock":61cdurjv]I actually can't believe there was a get out clause at all. Considering we lost half a damn team to sign him, the broncos should have locked him in, good and proper.

So the first few years were like 200k+ still you'd imagine. That could have been the difference in keeping both Hannant and Ennis as we could have offered them 100k more than what we were originally offering, and now Folau is going to go and we've got nothing to show for it.

Stupid really. If it was going to cost us players to sign him in the first place, we should have locked him in for 4 years FFS.[/quote:61cdurjv]

I don't disagree. But we got reasonable return for ~$250K per year for 2 years. He's averaged about a try a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.