Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Possibly one of Bruno's better ideas was to Sign Izzy to the deal he did!!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Thats strange because I was told that the Warriors are the only team with 300k or more left under the cap. For this year though.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Bruno in the footy show said that only brisbane and newcastle had dosh left over in the cap. (brisbane could afford one player out of melbournes big 4 and Newcastle could get 2)

So if we lose folau surely we will have about 500k to spend.

Get rid of Sims and Setu and we might have another 150-200k hopefully.

If we could get anyone I would definitely prefer Cronk.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Bruno in the footy show said that only brisbane and newcastle had dosh left over in the cap. (brisbane could afford one player out of melbournes big 4 and Newcastle could get 2)

Whatever Izzy is on would include 3rd party deals as well i would imagine, Sims will in all likelyhood be gone at seasons end and im sure there will be others, I think if Izzy leaves, plus the 300k under this year, plus at least Sims contract of at least 200k, I think we would be looking at at least $800-900k to spend for next season.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Scotty said:
The Rock said:

Get rid of Sims and Setu and we might have another 150-200k hopefully.

If we could get anyone I would definitely prefer Cronk.
Sims is on like 200k at least as far as I know. And Setu is on atleast 100k. Add Michaels to that list and theres another 100k at least.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
problem with all this is we are ignoring any upgrades to young guys blooded this year, Lui, Dodds, Gillett, Norman.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Out of those four, I think Gillett's services need to be secured. As for the rest... try again when you learn to play football.

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
gillett and possible lui are the only ones worth keeping.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
whatever said:
My choice of Izzy's replacement now looks unlikely:
Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis says he has no plans to leave the NRL club
Greg Inglis says he is committed to staying with Melbourne Storm beyond this season and would be reluctant to play against the club he regards as family.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27055312-5018866,00.html

Hunt wants to be Bronco for life
Hannant will never play in Sydney again
Folau committed to the Broncos

I don't believe a word these players say. They simply wait for the better offer to come along...and trust me, there's a better offer coming for GI than Melbourne can offer.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ah the NRL, breeding and training ground for athletes destined to play for real money in real competitions.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
sydney_bronco09 said:
gillett and possible lui are the only ones worth keeping.
Norman is the clubs future 5/8, hes a talent and will be a special player, hes shown enough already at only 18.

W

whatever

BRL Player
Aug 26, 2009
Coxy said:
whatever said:
My choice of Izzy's replacement now looks unlikely:
Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis says he has no plans to leave the NRL club
Greg Inglis says he is committed to staying with Melbourne Storm beyond this season and would be reluctant to play against the club he regards as family.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27055312-5018866,00.html

Hunt wants to be Bronco for life
Hannant will never play in Sydney again
Folau committed to the Broncos

I don't believe a word these players say. They simply wait for the better offer to come along...and trust me, there's a better offer coming for GI than Melbourne can offer.

Thats true. Out of the "big 4" you'd think he'd be the least important and therefore more likely to be pushed out (or at least get the biggest pay cut). A lot of cash has to come out somewhere.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Rock said:
Melbourne can keep their big 4. Problem is, they'll end up having to ket go of about 6-7 current first graders and they'd be replaced by under 20's. It'll be a huge challenge for them that's for sure.
They have 8 players already on minimum wage!
They're predicted to be 1.2 million over next year.

No way they can be under the cap and not lose one or even two of their stars.
For every mid tier player on 100k needs to be replaced with a minimum wage player on 55k, it's not a matter of just letting go you have to replace because you still need a top25.
They would need to release about 15 players on their mid tier 100k-150k to get under the cap for next year.

They already have 8 players on minimum wage, the only way they could get under the cap with their 4 stars is by having about 20 players on minimum wage and for every game you play you need to get 2k per game match payments, then rep payments, then if they have injuries people who replace them need to be paid and it all comes out of the cap. Gallop has also ruled out pay cuts, so that is not an option.

There is simply no way in the world Melbourne can play on next season and still have their 4 star players.
Melbourne Storm will be a significantly different team next year, no doubt about it.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Is Tronc only on a deal till the end of the season?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Scotty said:

already really lol

I'm just curious. If he doesn't work out I just hope we aren't stuck with him and we can get Petero and/or Hannant.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Bucking Beads said:
Scotty said:

already really lol

I'm just curious. If he doesn't work out I just hope we aren't stuck with him and we can get Petero and/or Hannant.

don't worry we have the cash to get at least one of Petero or Hannant and still keep Tronc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.