Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
be a big sacrifice to turn your back on that sort of coin, although in a one team city like brisbane and playing for the Broncos opens up a lot of doors commercially post football. I wouldnt be getting soo confident though, it is a hell of a lot of money.

the cap will rise by $300k next year and is to be paid for by the NRL's new GF deal.

LAGI Setu has stunned the Broncos with the Brisbane back-rower to officially quit the NRL at season's end to embark on a religious mission.

LAGI Setu has stunned the Broncos with the Brisbane back-rower to officially quit the NRL at season's end to embark on a religious mission.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5872926474

Not surprising. I wonder if this is on Izzy's mind too. He has to do his before he is 25. Maybe that is what is contributing to his decision as well as all the big dosh being thrown at him.

nopatience101 said:
the cap will rise by $300k next year and is to be paid for by the NRL's new GF deal.

source?

if thats true then we should have enough to sign Hannant; re-sign Folau and probably buy another player should we require it.

That's a pretty decent increase.

broncospwn said:

but people will still whinge that its not enough :roll:

Foordy said:
broncospwn said:

but people will still whinge that its not enough :roll:
The initial proposed 50k increase was LOLZ but 300k is significant, not fantastic but good.

Lets be honest, the lesser players won't see a cent of the increase, it will all go towards the upper-tier players. In the Broncos case they could offer the 6 best players at the club an extra 50k, which may prevent them from code hopping. It's a good start but they shouldn't stop there, independent commission, implement cost saving measures and increase the salary cap by another 300-500k for start of next year.

300K gives you an extra quality player, or the ability to upgrade a fair few contracts.

Can't complain.

This news about Setu doesn't surprise me, although I'll wait to see it confirmed from someone other than his agent.

PETERN said:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5872926474
Damn... I was just beginning to like him ad actually changed my mind about letting him go.

Maybe he'll come back to us when his mission is complete ?

Today's paper suggests North Queensland are in the hunt for Antonio Winterstein. I'd be disappointed, if he left, as I think he has been a real find for us since his debut last year, but we have a bit of depth in the backs and we can't keep everybody.

No surprise, it appears a though most players in the game seek missionary positions, although most don't wait until season's end.

Mister Wright said:
Today's paper suggests North Queensland are in the hunt for Antonio Winterstein. I'd be disappointed, if he left, as I think he has been a real find for us since his debut last year, but we have a bit of depth in the backs and we can't keep everybody.

If we lose Winterstein we have the players to replace him on the wing. Whilst I'd prefer to keep him, we can't keep everyone and outside backs we are certainly not lacking in.

I had a feeling we would possibly lose 1 of our wingers this season.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
No surprise, it appears a though most players in the game seek missionary positions, although most don't wait until season's end.
[icon_lol1. Very good RBY I lol'd hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.