NEWS Plod Haas

We almost always have discretion to prosecute. Drunken, self- entitled dickheads threatening to bash us in a very public place, usually don’t get much discretion for some reason...

Patrick Mago came very close to getting the same treatment one day...
Do you tend to take it a bit easier on younger blokes on the piss? And by a bit easier i mean, don't charge them, just scare them a bit by putting them in the cell to sober up and warn them they are on thin ice?
Just asking because i reckon my encounter with the police in that incident had a lasting impact on the way i view the coppers.
The fact they didn't come down hard on me, and gave me a chance etc.

Also, do the majority of your incidents involve alcohol? Just out of curiosity?

Depends on the situation and location... Disorderly on licenced premises? Easy. Liquor act or Criminal Code depending on the severity.

Disorderly / threatening in the street? Summary Offences Act or Criminal Code, again depending on the severity.

And maybe an assault / obstruct police under the PPRA for good measure...

As Lynx might be aware, the phrase - ham, cheese, tomato springs to mind...

Usually accompanied with a few hours / night in a cell to learn the error of your ways...
Yep, the good old ham, cheese and tomato.

Whats the meaning behind that?
It means loading a drunk, obnoxious dickhead up with charges. Out of the one encounter with the police you might for example be charged with offensive language, assault police and resist arrest. That is a common combination.

Last edited:
It means loading a drunk, obnoxious dickhead up with charges. Out of the one encounter with the police you might for example be charged with offensive language, assault police and resist arrest. That is a common combination.
Ahh i see.

I don’t think Lumby has helped his cause with sanctioning, it’s become political.

Do you tend to take it a bit easier on younger blokes on the piss? And by a bit easier i mean, don't charge them, just scare them a bit by putting them in the cell to sober up and warn them they are on thin ice?
Just asking because i reckon my encounter with the police in that incident had a lasting impact on the way i view the coppers.
The fact they didn't come down hard on me, and gave me a chance etc.

Also, do the majority of your incidents involve alcohol? Just out of curiosity?
Alcohol and drugs, the severity on how they are dealt with depends on the situation, and of course the attitude test...

Something young Payne failed miserably...

It is. Leaves a longer lasting impression, I have found.
I saw some American police leave a lasting impression on an African American girl. She was sitting handcuffed behind her back in the backseat of the cruiser crying hysterically for her father and two police officers thought it appropriate to pepper spray her.

She was 9 years old. Yes, I know that's not your typical police action in Australia. Overwhelming majority of police are good people.

I saw some American police leave a lasting impression on an African American girl. She was sitting handcuffed behind her back in the backseat of the cruiser crying hysterically for her father and two police officers thought it appropriate to pepper spray her.

She was 9 years old. Yes, I know that's not your typical police action in Australia. Overwhelming majority of police are good people.
Congratulations. I hope they were charged.

If the overwhelming majority of police are good people, Paynes family wouldn't have been locked up obviously.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.