NEWS Plod Haas

Just re the press conference today, I am not that unhappy to see Walters get pissed and walk out. I am glad he is not going to pander to the press, it is a good line in the sand moment for me. A bit different to the last bloke wanting to sit there waffling on trying to respond to everything.

he's not the first coach to do that ... but i can't recall it being referred to as a "hissy fit" when the others do it

he's not the first coach to do that ... but i can't recall it being referred to as a "hissy fit" when the others do it
Because they weren't a Broncos coach.

I just don't click whenever they put up a garbage article 👍👍

Stop clicking and the media will look elsewhere for their clicks

I dunno, I think the NRL have to come down hard on him. He has disrespected the police and also threatened a woman. Its a shocking look for him and its not like its his first offence. You cant go around threatening women like that in this day and age.

The apology is purely PR imo, same as this day in the life of a cop is. I hope it isnt, but i just dont believe him. I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had behaved himself in the past.
Yes, I can imagine what it's like at the police academy when they address the newbies. Instructor to class: you'll be in bad situations out there, confrontational situations and offenders will say offensive things to you but don't worry about it ladies, it will only be the male cops that will happen to.
Ladies, you shouldn't have to put up with it and if it happens to you, well we'll come down extra hard on the offender because, you know, you shouldn't have to put up with that but you guys, it's expected so don't whinge too much.

Right! Sure they'd say something like that these days. My view is that if someone puts themselves in such a role, just like a prison guard they should expect to be threatened and abused. I'm not saying it's okay to do those things but it's definitely going to happen and I'll bet no modern woman would expect they won't cop the same as their male counterparts. ****, a modern woman would be offended if they weren't abused with the same ferocity as the men!!!

Haas might have thought he was doing her a favour🤣🤣🤣
Now battening down the hatches.

Yes, I can imagine what it's like at the police academy when they address the newbies. Instructor to class: you'll be in bad situations out there, confrontational situations and offenders will say offensive things to you but don't worry about it ladies, it will only be the male cops that will happen to.
Ladies, you shouldn't have to put up with it and if it happens to you, well we'll come down extra hard on the offender because, you know, you shouldn't have to put up with that but you guys, it's expected so don't whinge too much.

Right! Sure they'd say something like that these days. My view is that if someone puts themselves in such a role, just like a prison guard they should expect to be threatened and abused. I'm not saying it's okay to do those things but it's definitely going to happen and I'll bet no modern woman would expect they won't cop the same as their male counterparts. ****, a modern woman would be offended if they weren't abused with the same ferocity as the men!!!

As someone who has met an absolute **** of a female cop, I can laugh. If she was in fact lovely, I apologise and Haas should be lynched.

As someone who has met an absolute **** of a female cop, I can laugh. If she was in fact lovely, I apologise and Haas should be lynched.
I've watched dozens of videos from the us and seen the incredibly aggressive and incendiary approach so many police and sheriffs take but there's the odd nice one too. Mind you, so so many of the alleged offenders are looking for trouble too and are just looking for absolutely anything to become upset about.

The female cops(in mainly american videos) do what females tend to do more often than not and that is, try to out tough their male counterparts. It's the classic 'we females have to outshine the men' to get respect thing. ****, deadset some of these fembeasts would make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window they're so antagonistic and short tempered.

Of course, like a lot of these traditionally masculine occupations we find an over representation of bloke-chicks. Haas should be a better man though and not abuse any police officer just doing their job but at least he treated them equally!

They have to know they will get abused, same as the male cops, it's just not a good look on Payne.

They have to know they will get abused, same as the male cops, it's just not a good look on Payne.
Absolutely. I have seen the alpha fembeast in attack mode in the past but totally agree, he shouldn't be abusing anyone, male or female. My son was brought up to respect the police and consequently he does and has. I'm guessing here but Haas may not have been as fortunate and I think I'd do two things were I in charge.

Ask the NRL to make him stand under the sword( two year suspension, something fucking scary)and as the Broncos I'd fine him 100k with 25k paid up front and 75k lingering until contract expiry. Of course a trouble free run to that date would see the 75k disappear.

This is a tough one, he definitely deserves a punishment that will hopefully change his perspective on the police force and the shit job they have to perform.
Who would a lengthy suspension really hurt and i say it would mainly be the Broncs.
I think hurting his pocket might just give him something to think about.
40 grand straight up and 50 grand suspended for 2 years if he behaves himself.
On top of that 1 day a week for 10 weeks spent with the police force to fully take in what their job entails to hopefully get a new appreciation of how difficult a job they have.
Might just give him a different perspective on things.
I'm not sure the NRL will be happy with this though.
Oh well, just my thoughts.

Really naive stuff from Kevin Walters today.. he had to know the media would be hot on the trail of this Payne Haas story and he’d field questions on it, no matter what press conference he was at.. Why he didn’t have a quick chat with Paul White & the Broncos media manager this morning & arm himself with a couple of key statements, I’ll never know.. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, consider what Payne did was "assaulting a police officer."

"Under s 245 of the Criminal Code Act 1899 (Qld), assault is any non-consensual threat or actual striking, touching or application of force. Common assault is a form of unlawful assault and makes verbal abuse, threats of violence and other assault causing minor or non-lasting injuries, a misdemeanour."
This incident occured in NSW...

Who's the next one to **** up off the field.

Place your bets.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.