SATIRE Pointless 'Gallen and Drug' Discussion

The bolded! Hahahahhahahahahaah. I'm not desperate to link them, they are performance enhancing drugs for a reason. You're clearly desperate to claim the "no harm no foul" angle, because Sharks. The same way Storm apologists say "it was only the salary cap, it's not like they had an unfair advantage like using performance-enhancing drugs". I'll let that one sink in...

I'm neither wrong or a liar. I'm just not blinded by bias. Anyone who believes that an illegal performance-enhancing drug program would likely end up with zero improvement is obviously trying to bury their head in the sand.
Weird. I haven't argued that performance enhancing drugs are not performance enhancing. Not once. All you're trying to do is not answer for your ludicrous claims that Douglas and Snowden had a stellar breakout year in 2011(clearly false), that Gallen SUDDENLY became a machine(clearly false)

You cowardly avoid admitting that Snowden had his breakout year in 2010, a full year before the ped event. Snowden had an ordinary year in 2011 yet you haven't the courage to admit you've either misremembered or lied about the claim it had something to do with the ped event.

Plain gutless, you just cannot admit to being wrong but trust me, whether people like me or not they can plainly see from the evidence YOU WERE WRONG and that you cannot admit it.

Using the usual Morkel tactic you completely avoid addressing your claim and then throwing junk in like Melbourne (wtf?) to muddy the issue.

Just admit your claim was incorrect, namely Snowden and Douglas having a breakout season in 2011 because of the ped scheme.

You know it's false, unsupported by the evidence and proven incorrect by the fact that Snowden didn't even make a rep team nor feature in the records for 2011.

Weird. I haven't argued that performance enhancing drugs are not performance enhancing. Not once. All you're trying to do is not answer for your ludicrous claims that Douglas and Snowden had a stellar breakout year in 2011(clearly false), that Gallen SUDDENLY became a machine(clearly false)

You cowardly avoid admitting that Snowden had his breakout year in 2010, a full year before the ped event. Snowden had an ordinary year in 2011 yet you haven't the courage to admit you've either misremembered or lied about the claim it had something to do with the ped event.

Plain gutless, you just cannot admit to being wrong but trust me, whether people like me or not they can plainly see from the evidence YOU WERE WRONG and that you cannot admit it.

Using the usual Morkel tactic you completely avoid addressing your claim and then throwing junk in like Melbourne (wtf?) to muddy the issue.

Just admit your claim was incorrect, namely Snowden and Douglas having a breakout season in 2011 because of the ped scheme.

You know it's false, unsupported by the evidence and proven incorrect by the fact that Snowden didn't even make a rep team nor feature in the records for 2011.

You can claim that Snowden had a poor 2011 but you have nothing to back that up with. He killed it that year, as did Douglas. Rep honours in 2010 doesn't change that, he went to another level in 2011. Gallen went from workhorse club player to 80 minute prop in Origin. Club stats mean little compared to Origin. I'm done with you on this topic as you're too compromised to see reason or concede that the players gained from the doping.

It’s like a clash of egos rather than an actual discussion or argument.
Very much so, and add in a dash of a compulsive desire to be right and/or prove the other person wrong. I wish I had their energy to waste on internet arguments about fairly irrelevant events from 2011 TBH.

I really don’t understand why either of you care so much? Such a waste of words.

Religion thread redux.

At least that shit was sort of interesting. Paul Gallen? Come on.

You can claim that Snowden had a poor 2011 but you have nothing to back that up with. He killed it that year, as did Douglas. Rep honours in 2010 doesn't change that, he went to another level in 2011. Gallen went from workhorse club player to 80 minute prop in Origin. Club stats mean little compared to Origin. I'm done with you on this topic as you're too compromised to see reason or concede that the players gained from the doping.
One of us is honest and can concede when they are wrong. Morkel is the other guy. I've used the evidence. Morkel claims Snowden had a breakout year in 2011. In fact the opposite is true, he went backward in 2011. He had a great year in 2010 making City/Country Origin and the NSW Origin team. In 2011 he didn't make any rep teams.
Another incorrect claim is Gallen going from workhorse to 80 minute origin prop. Gallen was setting records from 2006. Either the facts and evidence is wrong or Morkel is wrong. I have decided the evidence is correct.

Ego is not relevant unless it's stopping Morkel from admitting he was wrong.

Religion thread redux.

At least that shit was sort of interesting. Paul Gallen? Come on.
Paul Gallen is a small part of the whole. Morkel claims Snowden and Douglas had a stellar 2011 due to drugs. The evidence completely refutes the claim. Only Morkel's pride prevents him from admitting he is wrong. Snowden had a poor 2011 season. Douglas had a solid season.

Paul Gallen is a small part of the whole. Morkel claims Snowden and Douglas had a stellar 2011 due to drugs. The evidence completely refutes the claim. Only Morkel's pride prevents him from admitting he is wrong. Snowden had a poor 2011 season. Douglas had a solid season.

Who cares?

One of us is honest and can concede when they are wrong. Morkel is the other guy. I've used the evidence. Morkel claims Snowden had a breakout year in 2011. In fact the opposite is true, he went backward in 2011. He had a great year in 2010 making City/Country Origin and the NSW Origin team. In 2011 he didn't make any rep teams.
Another incorrect claim is Gallen going from workhorse to 80 minute origin prop. Gallen was setting records from 2006. Either the facts and evidence is wrong or Morkel is wrong. I have decided the evidence is correct.

Ego is not relevant unless it's stopping Morkel from admitting he was wrong.

****, I'd like to just put this shit to bed but you can't keep blatantly lying and expect no one to call out your bullshit. There is no "evidence" that Snowden regressed in 2011. Not only did he play State Of Origin in 2011, he played for Australia. And then Tinkler went behind Bennett's back to recruit him as their marquee signing, not only bringing him back to Newcastle, but hailed as a massive signing for them, being a current Australian Rep player. Just... stop making up "evidence" out of nowhere in order to pretend they didn't benefit from cheating. And Gallen did go from workhorse to 80 minute Origin prop. There is absolutely no disputing that! Regardless of club form, had he, or anyone since Price, played 80 minutes at prop in Origin? The answer is of course no. And he made that leap in 2011.

****, I'd like to just put this shit to bed but you can't keep blatantly lying and expect no one to call out your bullshit. There is no "evidence" that Snowden regressed in 2011. Not only did he play State Of Origin in 2011, he played for Australia. And then Tinkler went behind Bennett's back to recruit him as their marquee signing, not only bringing him back to Newcastle, but hailed as a massive signing for them, being a current Australian Rep player. Just... stop making up "evidence" out of nowhere in order to pretend they didn't benefit from cheating. And Gallen did go from workhorse to 80 minute Origin prop. There is absolutely no disputing that! Regardless of club form, had he, or anyone since Price, played 80 minutes at prop in Origin? The answer is of course no. And he made that leap in 2011.
I'll concede Snowden did play Game 1 in 2011 however he was already an Origin frontrower at the time. It certainly wasn't due to drugs as you claim. He didn't play origin after that game. He was a benchy for the Anzac test. Considering the test was in May his performances cannot be attributed to drugs( cronulla ped) as you claim. He was already considered an origin player prior to season 2011, again cannot be attributed to drugs.

There is substantial evidence Snowden regressed in 2011 as he never played Origin again after game 1 and didn't play for Australia ever again. His few minutes off the bench in May was the highlight of his 'test career'. A single bench appearance for Australia.

So, he was an Origin player in 2010 , a year before the peptide scandal so definitely not drugs as you claim. 2011 he makes the bench for the anzac test and follows it up with his final origin game. After that it was all downhill, not in game 2 or 3 of origin and doesn't make the huge four nation squad in October. As I said, definite regression.

Good try Morkel but wrong. Snowden and the peptides cannot be linked. He likely achieved what he did on merit alone.

As for Gallen, you're still wrong, playing 80 mins doesn't neccessary mean you're a machine, both Steve Price and Glenn Lazurus did exactly the same. Lazurus was nowhere near as fit as Gallen and had nothing like his output. Gallen had been setting the standard in the nrl for metreage since 2006.
2006 most metres Gallen
2007 most metres Price
2008 injured(RLIF Lock of the year)
2009 only 16 matches, injured.
2010 most metres Gallen(RLW Player of the Year) pre peptide! #average hey Morkel#
2011 most metres Gallen
2012 most metres Gallen

So clearly he was a machine pre 2011 as recognizable by the awards and records. Can't attribute that to peptides!

I'll concede Snowden did play Game 1 in 2011 however he was already an Origin frontrower at the time. It certainly wasn't due to drugs as you claim. He didn't play origin after that game. He was a benchy for the Anzac test. Considering the test was in May his performances cannot be attributed to drugs( cronulla ped) as you claim. He was already considered an origin player prior to season 2011, again cannot be attributed to drugs.

There is substantial evidence Snowden regressed in 2011 as he never played Origin again after game 1 and didn't play for Australia ever again. His few minutes off the bench in May was the highlight of his 'test career'. A single bench appearance for Australia.

So, he was an Origin player in 2010 , a year before the peptide scandal so definitely not drugs as you claim. 2011 he makes the bench for the anzac test and follows it up with his final origin game. After that it was all downhill, not in game 2 or 3 of origin and doesn't make the huge four nation squad in October. As I said, definite regression.

Good try Morkel but wrong. Snowden and the peptides cannot be linked. He likely achieved what he did on merit alone.

As for Gallen, you're still wrong, playing 80 mins doesn't neccessary mean you're a machine, both Steve Price and Glenn Lazurus did exactly the same. Lazurus was nowhere near as fit as Gallen and had nothing like his output. Gallen had been setting the standard in the nrl for metreage since 2006.
2006 most metres Gallen
2007 most metres Price
2008 injured(RLIF Lock of the year)
2009 only 16 matches, injured.
2010 most metres Gallen(RLW Player of the Year) pre peptide! #average hey Morkel#
2011 most metres Gallen
2012 most metres Gallen

So clearly he was a machine pre 2011 as recognizable by the awards and records. Can't attribute that to peptides!

Gallen was a machine. But was he an 80 minute Origin machine? No. End of discussion. You can not possibly rule out that the peptides played some part in that. There was gushing from all corners of the media on him putting in an 80 minute Origin appearance at prop, this wasn't just "oh look he's taken his club form in to Origin".

Flanagan's own words about Snowden in 2011:

"Snowden is playing so well he should be the first prop selected by NSW provided he stays fit over the next month. He made his State of Origin debut in the final game of last year's series and it's arguable his form has only improved this season.

Over the first five games this season, he is averaging more runs and more metres than the corresponding time last year. Against Manly last weekend, he was unstoppable, running for 109 metres, making 39 tackles and creating two tries as the Sharks endured a heart-breaking defeat".

Also, the Sharks tried to keep him with a 4-year, $1.6 million offer. That was massive money back then. Hardly someone who had regressed.

Flanagan on their forward's great start to 2011 and potentially losing Gallen, Snowden, Douglas & Tupou to Origin:

"Lock Paul Gallen is a certainty and the frontrunner to captain the Blues, while prop Kade Snowden will also get picked.

However the Sharks' presence in the Blues squad may not end there.

The Sharks' strong start to the season has brought workhorse front rower Luke Douglas into genuine contention and it is not out of the question the Origin hopes of Anthony Tupou could be rekindled after some tremendous early form."

Also...

"Tupou has not played Origin or Test football since 2008, but has returned to his best to start this season.

Stuart is known to be a fan of the talented Tupou and Flanagan says the former Roosters has a resolve to return to the rep arena.

"Toups, he's had a couple of lean years ... but he's had a really good off-season, he's put on about three kilograms of muscle so he's feeling confident within himself," he said."

It seems a bunch of their forwards had really strong "pre-seasons" that year.

I don't know why you are so afraid to admit that they could have benefited from the doping program. It's what the program was intended to do! For someone who claims to watch them so intently, your memory of them seems to be quite out of touch with the reality.

Gallen was a machine. But was he an 80 minute Origin machine? No. End of discussion.

Was he a machine by talent or natural ability......No. End of discussion.

He hasn't laced on the boots with clean blood work, since his first year at the Eels.

Last edited:
The idea that performance enhancing drugs have no positive effect on elite level NRL athletes is naive and laughable. When you look into the physiological effects that these drugs have on someone, and the benefits on the entire central nervous system, to claim such a thing shows a severe lack of knowledge on the topic, to the point where you actually shouldn't be commenting on it.

Okay okay, I cry uncle!
Totally agree Gallen's a tosser but I respect ed his toughness. I agree he was a cunty grub for 2/3s of his career. He did take part in the club directed drug regime but I don't think for a moment it made him the tough uncompromising mongrel he was. If it had been Gillmeister in the same situation I'd feel the same.

I'm going to dump the threads title shortly. Forget the grammar thing, I'm restricting myself to your and you're from now on.

Too many people on here are telling me I'm becoming cuntier (new word?) for it to not have some truth to it. Time to look inwards with a critical eye methinks.

Johns is a knob, no doubt. Talented but should never have been elevated to immortal. It cheapened everything. I don't care about his use of recreational drugs, even when he played the game stoned.

Who’s ed?

You and the other posters saying “who cares” and what a waste of time etc...firstly every post any of us have ever made on here is wasted time. The world doesn’t need all our amateur football opinions and half cocked imaginary team lists.

Huge is arguing a laughably stupid point and Morkal is disputing it. Quite well from the parts I could be bothered reading.

I got exhausted by reading Huge’s illogical rants pages ago but if anyone can still stomach them and put in the effort to even reply to such biased ramblings, more power to them.

The idea that performance enhancing drugs have no positive effect on elite level NRL athletes is naive and laughable. When you look into the physiological effects that these drugs have on someone, and the benefits on the entire central nervous system, to claim such a thing shows a severe lack of knowledge on the topic, to the point where you actually shouldn't be commenting on it.
Err, which poster argued that peds have no effect? If you could show me a post that suggested otherwise I'd join you in condemning such a silly view.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lozza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.