SATIRE Pointless 'Gallen and Drug' Discussion

Wow. You think the effects of a six week course lasted for at least a year. Amazing. Luke Douglas, unstoppable? He hardly was considered elite, never played Origin and only just made a few minor sides. He was an endurance player though and might even still hold the record for a forward with 215 consecutive games. Most of that PRIOR to Danks 6 week course so pretty hard to claim it was 'drugs'. Snowden was just another plodder who didn't improve or decline after he left the Sharks to return to Newcastle. He played 2 Orgin matches, a dead rubber and was only selected once more, both times losing appearances. Snowden left the game due to a chronic injury, not a surprise he didn't set the world on fire, he was always carrying an injury.

Not great examples but sling enough mud I suppose.

That's the conspicuous part - they were never considered "elite" because their dominance lasted precisely the one season they admitted to cheating via illegal doping. In 2011 they were arguably the form front-row pairing of the comp. There were threads on how good they were in the old RLeague forums at the time, obviously before any cheating was known about. A few of the old boys should be able to recall.

That's the conspicuous part - they were never considered "elite" because their dominance lasted precisely the one season they admitted to cheating via illegal doping. In 2011 they were arguably the form front-row pairing of the comp. There were threads on how good they were in the old RLeague forums at the time, obviously before any cheating was known about. A few of the old boys should be able to recall.
I think you are being quite creative with your recollection here. The fact that they weren't selected for any higher honours seems to be at odds with your view that they were the form frontrowers. It's not uncommon for memories to be extremely unreliable especially when one wishes to support a narrative. That doesn't neccesarily mean you're wrong but it seems a convenient way to remember the past.

Although neither player achieved truly great heights Snowden made two rep teams in 2010, a full year before the 6 week course of whatever cocktail. He was in the nsw country origin team and then got a run in the 2010 Origin team so that doesn't support your drug theory. He was already being recognized for good form.

I think you are being quite creative with your recollection here. The fact that they weren't selected for any higher honours seems to be at odds with your view that they were the form frontrowers. It's not uncommon for memories to be extremely unreliable especially when one wishes to support a narrative. That doesn't neccesarily mean you're wrong but it seems a convenient way to remember the past.

Creative with my recollection? There was literally a whole thread on how good they were playing. No, I can't link you to the thread because it was wiped out when a dodgy betting agency bought the site, but my memory is crystal clear and it was a forum-wide discussion.

That's okay though. You do you. This thread has proven without a doubt what that is.

Creative with my recollection? There was literally a whole thread on how good they were playing. No, I can't link you to the thread because it was wiped out when a dodgy betting agency bought the site, but my memory is crystal clear and it was a forum-wide discussion.

That's okay though. You do you. This thread has proven without a doubt what that is.
Butbutbut, you tried to say Snowden went well because he was on drugs yet he made SOO the year prior!!! How is that not being creative with your memory? Why, as a staff member do you feel it's okay to attack me as well? Why not just be honest and say, yes I was wrong to try and link Snowdens form with drugs? Is truly admitting to mistake that difficult for you? You have said in the past that you try to live an honourable life in the same way as your JC but not admitting to error isn't doing so, is it?

Butbutbut, you tried to say Snowden went well because he was on drugs yet he made SOO the year prior!!! How is that not being creative with your memory? Why, as a staff member do you feel it's okay to attack me as well? Why not just be honest and say, yes I was wrong to try and link Snowdens form with drugs? Is truly admitting to mistake that difficult for you? You have said in the past that you try to live an honourable life in the same way as your JC but not admitting to error isn't doing so, is it?

You're the one who brought up rep honours and then had to backtrack. All I ever said was that they were not considered "elite", and the reason I believed why that was the case. The Douglas & Snowden situation is exactly what one would expect would happen had players received the benefit of PED's for a short period of time, hence why I refute your claims that the club or players did not benefit from the program.

Should you feel that I am attacking you and you don't believe it should be acceptable from a staff member, feel free to report it.

You're the one who brought up rep honours and then had to backtrack. All I ever said was that they were not considered "elite", and the reason I believed why that was the case. The Douglas & Snowden situation is exactly what one would expect would happen had players received the benefit of PED's for a short period of time, hence why I refute your claims that the club or players did not benefit from the program.

Should you feel that I am attacking you and you don't believe it should be acceptable from a staff member, feel free to report it.
I didn't have to backtrack on anything! So, non elite but form so good that he makes country origin and then SOO in 2010. Yet you link an event 12 months into the future with his efforts in 2010!

You must be joking!

Mmmmm, yep, you really don't know what it's about then! Nice of you to chip in with what everyone knows and has previously acknowledged but not sure why you did.

I have stated what's it's all about and of course most posters are enraged by views they themselves created. Most fall victim to some crazy notion that they must rearrange what's said, add some extra content, attribute it to me and then attack me for making such outlandish claims.

It generally starts with "so you're saying" or "in other words".
Huge
Can we get off Gallen and start on Andrew Johns already, Gallen is just a Tosser and has won one premiership, Johns , self admitted crack head, was made an immortal for Gods sake.

Speaking of Andrew Johns, he cannot fight to save himself either, after being dusted by Jamie Goddard previously, he went looking for him again, result, 27 stitches inside his mouth and a few outside as well, can't attach the link for some reason, so humour me and search Google and just type in "Andrew Johns fight Origin".

Being a proud Queensland supporter you will enjoy the video.

I have done my best with my grammar, I think mostly correct, also I have used the British English version of both Tosser and humour, just letting you know that upfront.

Huge
Can we get off Gallen and start on Andrew Johns already, Gallen is just a Tosser and has won one premiership, Johns , self admitted crack head, was made an immortal for Gods sake.

Speaking of Andrew Johns, he cannot fight to save himself either, after being dusted by Jamie Goddard previously, he went looking for him again, result, 27 stitches inside his mouth and a few outside as well, can't attach the link for some reason, so humour me and search Google and just type in "Andrew Johns fight Origin".

Being a proud Queensland supporter you will enjoy the video.

I have done my best with my grammar, I think mostly correct, also I have used the British English version of both Tosser and humour, just letting you know that upfront.
Okay okay, I cry uncle!
Totally agree Gallen's a tosser but I respect ed his toughness. I agree he was a cunty grub for 2/3s of his career. He did take part in the club directed drug regime but I don't think for a moment it made him the tough uncompromising mongrel he was. If it had been Gillmeister in the same situation I'd feel the same.

I'm going to dump the threads title shortly. Forget the grammar thing, I'm restricting myself to your and you're from now on.

Too many people on here are telling me I'm becoming cuntier (new word?) for it to not have some truth to it. Time to look inwards with a critical eye methinks.

Johns is a knob, no doubt. Talented but should never have been elevated to immortal. It cheapened everything. I don't care about his use of recreational drugs, even when he played the game stoned.

Okay okay, I cry uncle!
Totally agree Gallen's a tosser but I respect ed his toughness. I agree he was a cunty grub for 2/3s of his career. He did take part in the club directed drug regime but I don't think for a moment it made him the tough uncompromising mongrel he was. If it had been Gillmeister in the same situation I'd feel the same.

I'm going to dump the threads title shortly. Forget the grammar thing, I'm restricting myself to your and you're from now on.

Too many people on here are telling me I'm becoming cuntier (new word?) for it to not have some truth to it. Time to look inwards with a critical eye methinks.

Johns is a knob, no doubt. Talented but should never have been elevated to immortal. It cheapened everything. I don't care about his use of recreational drugs, even when he played the game stoned.
I think that response is professional with a few suspect adjectives, but mostly grammar perfect.

I didn't have to backtrack on anything! So, non elite but form so good that he makes country origin and then SOO in 2010. Yet you link an event 12 months into the future with his efforts in 2010!

You must be joking!

Plenty of players have played a couple of Origin games but not been considered Elite. 2011 those two were on another level to what they'd previously achieved, and very quickly declined. Try to spin it how you like, that was the general consensus at the time within the admittedly small Online League community.

They're not the only players to hit a purple patch, but they are two players that hit that patch smack bang in the middle of the period where they were using PED's. I'd be using the same arguments if it ever came out that players like Tim Grant, RCG, etc were on the juice for a short while, I would believe it because they are others that improved immensely almost overnight and then after a season or two dropped right back down (though RCG isn't going that bad at the moment to be fair).

Plenty of players have played a couple of Origin games but not been considered Elite. 2011 those two were on another level to what they'd previously achieved, and very quickly declined. Try to spin it how you like, that was the general consensus at the time within the admittedly small Online League community.

They're not the only players to hit a purple patch, but they are two players that hit that patch smack bang in the middle of the period where they were using PED's. I'd be using the same arguments if it ever came out that players like Tim Grant, RCG, etc were on the juice for a short while, I would believe it because they are others that improved immensely almost overnight and then after a season or two dropped right back down (though RCG isn't going that bad at the moment to be fair).
A big problem with coming off the juice is the hormone crash afterwards unless you administer a long, and proper PCT (post cycle therapy). The PEDs shut down your natural testosterone production, and then after usage stops, the natural production has to kick back in, and if you don't do a proper PCT, this can take sometimes 6+ months.

Last edited:

You've decided you know why Snowden hit a 'purple patch' as you call it DESPITE the fact the supposed purple patch started a FULL YEAR before the 6 week ped course. Anybody looking on would have to say that's irrational as it's blatantly obvious that Snowden was playing tremendous football long before the ped course. I frankly am stunned that you're still clinging to your presupposition when the evidence (his selection in country origin and the SOO in 2010) straight out destroys the presupposition. I just don't see how you can keep it up, it's plainly wrong.

Strange how none of the others(on the ped course) hit a purple patch isn't it?

I'm hardly surprised by Snowdens front row partner having a good run in 2011 as it quite often happens when your offsider is smashing it. Quick ptbs quite often come when your prime mover is going gangbusters and elevating team mates is also often a consequence.

However, if you have decided you know why something is happening (and despite the evidence) you just cannot see a more rational reason or entertain a more plausible explanation for good form. For you Morkel, they must have gained some benefit even though their team mates didn't suddenly become worldbeaters from the same programme.

You've decided you know why Snowden hit a 'purple patch' as you call it DESPITE the fact the supposed purple patch started a FULL YEAR before the 6 week ped course. Anybody looking on would have to say that's irrational as it's blatantly obvious that Snowden was playing tremendous football long before the ped course. I frankly am stunned that you're still clinging to your presupposition when the evidence (his selection in country origin and the SOO in 2010) straight out destroys the presupposition. I just don't see how you can keep it up, it's plainly wrong.

Strange how none of the others(on the ped course) hit a purple patch isn't it?

I'm hardly surprised by Snowdens front row partner having a good run in 2011 as it quite often happens when your offsider is smashing it. Quick ptbs quite often come when your prime mover is going gangbusters and elevating team mates is also often a consequence.

However, if you have decided you know why something is happening (and despite the evidence) you just cannot see a more rational reason or entertain a more plausible explanation for good form. For you Morkel, they must have gained some benefit even though their team mates didn't suddenly become worldbeaters from the same programme.

I haven't decided anything, the only one who is trying to rule something outright here is you. I'm saying, considering those two players in particular had peak years in 2011, suggests you can not possibly suggest there is no evidence that the Shark's illegal doping program had no benefit on the players. I'm saying that Gallen's ability to all of a sudden play 80 minutes at prop in State Of Origin, suggests you can't rule out he didn't gain from the program. And I'm saying that just because the team overall did not have a relatively successful year, that is still not enough to rule out that no one in the playing group benefited from the program. It really is that simple.

Whether you believe they benefited is a different matter entirely, you'll of course believe what you want to believe. But expecting the rest of us here to agree with you is something that's not going to happen, because no one else here it seems is burdened with the same bias as you appear to have. So I don't know why you keep trying to push your claims, stranger still why you chose to this time in a completely irrelevant Bronco related thread.

I haven't decided anything, the only one who is trying to rule something outright here is you. I'm saying, considering those two players in particular had peak years in 2011, suggests you can not possibly suggest there is no evidence that the Shark's illegal doping program had no benefit on the players. I'm saying that Gallen's ability to all of a sudden play 80 minutes at prop in State Of Origin, suggests you can't rule out he didn't gain from the program. And I'm saying that just because the team overall did not have a relatively successful year, that is still not enough to rule out that no one in the playing group benefited from the program. It really is that simple.

Whether you believe they benefited is a different matter entirely, you'll of course believe what you want to believe. But expecting the rest of us here to agree with you is something that's not going to happen, because no one else here it seems is burdened with the same bias as you appear to have. So I don't know why you keep trying to push your claims, stranger still why you chose to this time in a completely irrelevant Bronco related thread.
I struggle to believe the lengths you will go to in order to justify your claims! Resorting to outright lies!

You claim both players had 'peak' years in 2011! Snowden had his peak year in 2010, a full year before the ped thing in 2011. Snowden DIDN'T have a good year in 2011. He wasn't selected in country origin, wasn't selected for SOO and didn't play a rep match or finals match.

Douglas played one rep game for the PMs13 in 2011. Peak year indeed!

You're plainly not interested in the facts, real truths because you are desperate to link the ped with supposed performance gains. In 2010, again a year before the ped thing Gallen had 505 hitups, the most in the competition and a whopping 114 more than second place!!He had the most metres gained. Plain irrefutable evidence that he didn't SUDDENLY become a machine especially as he'd been setting those kind of records since 2006!!

Why can you not simply acknowledge you got something wrong or is it simply because it's me who points out the multiple mistakes,misrepresentations and outright false claims you've made?

So, you either lied or are wrong, which is it?

I struggle to believe the lengths you will go to in order to justify your claims! Resorting to outright lies!

You claim both players had 'peak' years in 2011! Snowden had his peak year in 2010, a full year before the ped thing in 2011. Snowden DIDN'T have a good year in 2011. He wasn't selected in country origin, wasn't selected for SOO and didn't play a rep match or finals match.

Douglas played one rep game for the PMs13 in 2011. Peak year indeed!

You're plainly not interested in the facts, real truths because you are desperate to link the ped with supposed performance gains. In 2010, again a year before the ped thing Gallen had 505 hitups, the most in the competition and a whopping 114 more than second place!!He had the most metres gained. Plain irrefutable evidence that he didn't SUDDENLY become a machine especially as he'd been setting those kind of records since 2006!!

Why can you not simply acknowledge you got something wrong or is it simply because it's me who points out the multiple mistakes,misrepresentations and outright false claims you've made?

So, you either lied or are wrong, which is it?

The bolded! Hahahahhahahahahaah. I'm not desperate to link them, they are performance enhancing drugs for a reason. You're clearly desperate to claim the "no harm no foul" angle, because Sharks. The same way Storm apologists say "it was only the salary cap, it's not like they had an unfair advantage like using performance-enhancing drugs". I'll let that one sink in...

I'm neither wrong or a liar. I'm just not blinded by bias. Anyone who believes that an illegal performance-enhancing drug program would likely end up with zero improvement is obviously trying to bury their head in the sand.

Active Now

• Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.