SATIRE Pointless 'Gallen and Drug' Discussion

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Could the club send Darbs out with a trophy?

Least run metres for a back perhaps: Darius Boyd: 1670m?
Or best support for a running forward? Assisting Payne Haas in his 2970m run?

That a stretch?

From Zero Tackle... His try assists look good, maybe I am missing something else.

2020 PLAYER STATS
(Leader: 203)
GOALS: 0 (Leader: 89)
TRIES: 3 (Leader: 22)
TRY ASSISTS: 10 (Leader: 23)
RUNS: 187 (Leader: 408)
RUN METRES: 1,670 (Leader: 4,134)
LINEBREAKS: 5 (Leader: 23)
OFFLOADS: 3 (Leader: 51)
TACKLES: 276 (Leader: 994)
MISSED TACKLES: 20 (Leader: 77)
TACKLE BREAKS: 35 (Leader: 133)
LINE BREAK ASSISTS: 10 (Leader: 20)
KICK METRES: 176 (Leader: 9,554)
40/20: 0 (Leader: 4)
PENALTIES: 5 (Leader: 15)
ERRORS: 12 (Leader: 40)
Just for the dickheads out there who believe Gallen SUDDENLY became an 80 min player in 2011/12 (due to allegedly using peds, right?)
Tedesco's run metres for this season, he's a back right?, are virtually the same as Gallens for season 2005 ! That's 6/7 years before the ped scandal.
Gallen, a forward!!! ran for the same metres as the elite back, Tedesco. Next time someone says Gallen cheated to become a machine( EXACTLY like Haas) tell them to check the statistics. No lies there.

Just for the dickheads out there who believe Gallen SUDDENLY became an 80 min player in 2011/12 (due to allegedly using peds, right?)
Tedesco's run metres for this season, he's a back right?, are virtually the same as Gallens for season 2005 ! That's 6/7 years before the ped scandal.
Gallen, a forward!!! ran for the same metres as the elite back, Tedesco. Next time someone says Gallen cheated to become a machine( EXACTLY like Haas) tell them to check the statistics. No lies there.
Maybe because forwards touch the ball alot more than back. Where is the statistic for meters per touch or run?

Maybe because forwards touch the ball alot more than back. Where is the statistic for meters per touch or run?
No, backs win the metres run almost every year. They get the ball with space to move. It's unusual that a forward would be the highest on the list. In 2005 Gallen ran the furthest of any and all players.

There's no way to deny the facts or lessen the achievement, not even bastardising statistics, not that that's what you were trying to do.

It's purely metres run and like Haas is today so was Gellen back in the day. Years and years before the 6 week recovery course of drug cocktails in 2011. Apparently they didn't do anything for anyone anyway. They (drugs of any kind)certainly had nothing to do with Gallen, the athlete. **** he was for a long time.

L
No, backs win the metres run almost every year. They get the ball with space to move. It's unusual that a forward would be the highest on the list. In 2005 Gallen ran the furthest of any and all players.

There's no way to deny the facts or lessen the achievement, not even bastardising statistics, not that that's what you were trying to do.

It's purely metres run and like Haas is today so was Gellen back in the day. Years and years before the 6 week recovery course of drug cocktails in 2011. Apparently they didn't do anything for anyone anyway. They (drugs of any kind)certainly had nothing to do with Gallen, the athlete. **** he was for a long time.
Sincere question, “they didn’t do anything for anyone anyway”??

Gallen is a convicted, self-admitted drug cheat. He gained an advantage by taking banned substances. It's not even remotely up for debate.

Huge said:
In 2005 Gallen ran the furthest of any and all players.

He made the most amount of metres of any forward, not every player.

He was 9th in total run metres with 7 fullbacks and 1 winger ahead of him.

For those playing at home.

Paul Gallen 2005
25 Appearances 19.8 Average Hit Ups, 157m Average

Paul Gallen 2011
20 Appearances, 21.4 Average Hit Ups 183.5m Average

James Tedesco 2020
18 Appearances 22.6 Average Hit Ups 220m Average

While we're comparing pairs.

Josh McGuire 2018
19 Appearances, 116.4m Average, 32.8 Average Tackles

Patrick Carrigan 2020
19 Appearances, 16.4 Average Hit Ups, 156.1m Average, 46.1 Average Tackles

Last edited:
Outside backs do have the advantage of runs off a kick though, but generally its the elite fullbacks that will dominate the numbers, only forwards like Taumalolo and Haas get the kind of numbers to match them.

L

Sincere question, “they didn’t do anything for anyone anyway”??
Meaning the 6 week recovery programme didn't reap the hoped for rewards.

My point is simple. Gallen was a machine many many years before the supplements programme and people who link them are dumb wankers who are not concerned with evidence. On a side note, I don't even like Gallen, I just prefer a version of truth based on facts and the evidence. I hate dumb unthinking conclusions.

He made the most amount of metres of any forward, not every player.

He was 9th in total run metres with 7 fullbacks and 1 winger ahead of him.

For those playing at home.

Paul Gallen 2005
25 Appearances 19.8 Average Hit Ups, 157m Average

Paul Gallen 2011
20 Appearances, 21.4 Average Hit Ups 183.5m Average

James Tedesco 2020
18 Appearances 22.6 Average Hit Ups 220m Average

While we're comparing pairs.

Josh McGuire 2018
19 Appearances, 116.4m Average, 32.8 Average Tackles

Patrick Carrigan 2020
19 Appearances, 16.4 Average Hit Ups, 156.1m Average, 46.1 Average Tackles
If the stats regarding Gallens 2005 season support that run total then I stand corrected. 7 fullbacks and a winger, fair enough. To be ninth is still a stunning achievement and in front of 9 fullbacks and what? 31 wingers. That's some effort. Which forward had the most run metres in 2019, the last full season?

Last edited:
Gallen is a convicted, self-admitted drug cheat. He gained an advantage by taking banned substances. It's not even remotely up for debate.
Half right, half supposition. It's definitely up for debate. What advantage did Gallen receive and how was it measured. You seem certain it did, please point me to where the alleged gains were listed. Naturally if you cannot then your claim is simply unproven and as outlandish as it is it seems most likely it's pure bullshit. I'm calling it, bullshit.

Haas, behind Tedesco, RTS, CNK, Tupou, Maumalo & Gutho
3800 odd. Similar stats to 2005 Gallen. My point will always be that Gallen had a huge motor, great endurance and the peptide thing is utterly irrelevant. Haas has a huge motor and there's been quite a few before him and I'm sure we'll see more.

If the stats regarding Gallens 2005 season support that run total then I stand corrected. 7 fullbacks and a winger, fair enough. To be ninth is still a stunning achievement and in front of 9 fullbacks and what? 31 wingers. That's some effort. Which forward had the most run metres in 2019, the last full season?

This was from the 2005 Big League Season Review.

NameName
Total Metres​
BrettHodgson
5096​
AnthonyMinichiello
5060​
MattBowen
4850​
KarmichaelHunt
4550​
RhysWesser
4473​
ClintonSchifcofske
4370​
PatRichards
3948​
PaulGallen
3925​

Last edited:
Half right, half supposition. It's definitely up for debate. What advantage did Gallen receive and how was it measured. You seem certain it did, please point me to where the alleged gains were listed. Naturally if you cannot then your claim is simply unproven and as outlandish as it is it seems most likely it's pure bullshit. I'm calling it, bullshit.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but you’re cooked if you think the onus of proof is on the detractors and not on the admitted drug cheat. You have to prove it didn’t benefit him, not the other way around. It’s like saying Storm still would’ve won even if they didn’t cheat the salary cap because you can’t prove they wouldn’t have.

Last edited:
Meaning the 6 week recovery programme didn't reap the hoped for rewards.

My point is simple. Gallen was a machine many many years before the supplements programme and people who link them are dumb wankers who are not concerned with evidence. On a side note, I don't even like Gallen, I just prefer a version of truth based on facts and the evidence. I hate dumb unthinking conclusions.
I really could not give a flying **** because:
(a) It is a broncos award thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with fucking Cronulla;
(b) I could not give a flying **** about either Cronulla or Gallen;
(c) Gallen is fucking retired, refer to (b).

You have to learn to let shit go, fmd.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but you’re cooked if you think the onus of proof is on the detractors and not on the admitted drug cheat. You have to prove it didn’t benefit him, not the other way around. It’s like saying Storm still would’ve won even if they didn’t cheat the salary cap because you can’t prove they wouldn’t have.
No, the onus is ALWAYS on the claimant. I can see no evidence that any advantage was gained, you however claim there was. It's up to you to prove the claim. Admitting to being a part of a 70 person drug trial is not a claim of benefit, it's a claim that he was a participant.

Great claims require great evidence. Where is the evidence that supports YOUR CLAIM he benefited.

I really could not give a flying **** because:
(a) It is a broncos award thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with fucking Cronulla;
(b) I could not give a flying **** about either Cronulla or Gallen;
(c) Gallen is fucking retired, refer to (b).

You have to learn to let shit go, fmd.
I never had hold of it. Tell, why the obsessive compulsion to not only read posts you're not interested in and why, again compulsively you seem to need to enforce your will? If you're not interested why not simply refrain from comment and don't read. It's not like my few lines impedes any other posters ability to add a post.

Stop. Think first. Ask yourself 'why did I comment and why can't I just let others be'?

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.