SATIRE Pointless 'Gallen and Drug' Discussion

Im curious what angle your trying to play here huge?

Are you saying there should of been no punishment for those involved that admitted to using performance enhancing drugs?

Do you want fans to never question any of gallens feats?

Are we just suppose to do nothing but praise him and still consider him one of the games all time great forward?

I mean surely u can understand why the majority of nrl fans will always question gallens whole career because of this incident

I dont understand how you can expect fans to think any different. its a pretty normal response

I do love the title.

Still hate that he gets so much air time talking footy and nothing ever comes up about it. its like the nrl media just want to erase it from memory and forget it ever happened.

but if it was someone they didn't like you would have kent still putting out articles about it.

Last edited:
You certainly do digress! Nowhere did I claim that WADA and ASADA prohibited them without reason or evidence. That's a classic strawman argument. You imply I somehow don't understand, infer it's wilful and attribute it to me. That's weak as water.

Your reasoning is unreliable. You read a label on a package which states 'weight loss' so according to your flawed logic, results are guaranteed! If some chemical compounds are or were in the mixture it doesn't mean they will work without fail, every single time. Silly argument.

Being a PRAT is completely disregarding the original point. Just in case your impaired capacity to comprehend has made understanding difficult I'll reiterate. Gallen was a freak, a machine like Haas long before Dank. That was it , simple and easy to understand. You sure can digress going off on some weird tangent and debunking conjectures I never offered!! That's being a condescending prat, worse still, an uncomprehending prat.

I didn't see Essendon, Manly or the Sharks gain any benefit from Dank and their performances (stats)didn't show any gains. I have no idea why you went on a rant about peds.

I didn't disregard the role the peds play at any time therefore I granted no 'free pass'. I see no evidence that the 6 week course, undertaken by the players at Cronulla enhanced their performance. They finished the season 7 wins and 17 losses. They finished 13th, season before 14th, season after 7th same points as 8th on differential. So no improvement in 2011. 2012 was better but still I don't see how the Sharks gained anything in the season of 2011.

My most sincere apologies for thinking you unable to understand, I was confused and quite frankly bamboozled by your insistence that performance-enhancing drugs aren't actually performance-enhancing. Similarly I must make amends for assuming matters of mere biochemistry could take precedence over rhetorical brilliance such as labeling an argument 'silly' and thereby negating it in one fell swoop without need to resort to such low concepts as peer-reviewed evidence, subject-matter expertise and the like. Regardless of whether known biochemistry expert and drug-cheat afficianado Huge sees evidence that taking performance-enhancing substances results in enhanced performances, the lesser minds who have to inhabit reality have seen that evidence, and have used it to draw conclusions about the appropriateness of athletes using such substances as performance-enhancers.

You've shown in the past that, to put it bluntly, when it comes to stats you couldn't tell shit from clay. My reasoning is perfectly reliable and magnificently cromulent:
Convicted self-admitted drug cheat Paul "I love drug cheating" Gallen gets dosed to the eyeballs with growth-hormone releasing factors. Paul "peptide enthusiast" Gallen's body secretes, amongst other things, additional growth hormone. Paul "such a shit **** he got punching banned for everyone" Gallen's body enjoyed such benefits as healing faster and greater resilience. Ipso facto, Paul "massive bellend" Gallen is a convicted, self-admitted drug cheat who enjoyed an unfair advantage not afforded to those people who didn't have prohibited substances shot into their backside.

Any statistics about Cronulla still being a garbage team even when their players were hopped up on goofballs and bullshark testosterone are completely meaningless. Parramatta won a wooden spoon while cheating the salary cap by methods including, but not limited to, paper bags of cash in a car park. They still enjoyed an illegal advantage over the rest of the competition (except of course for the Roosters and Storm who exist on a separate plane of reality unconstrained by mere trifles such as a salary cap). Same as the Sharts and your beloved Captain Courageous, being at best bog average does not grant them an exemption from the rules applied to the rest of the competition. No matter how many paragraphs you throw at it, no matter how many ridiculous statements you make, no matter how fiercely your heart beats with love for the losingest loser to ever have lost.

Last edited:
You've shown in the past that, to put it bluntly, when it comes to stats you couldn't tell shit from clay. My reasoning is perfectly reliable and magnificently cromulent:
giphy.gif

I didn't disregard the role the peds play at any time therefore I granted no 'free pass'. I see no evidence that the 6 week course, undertaken by the players at Cronulla enhanced their performance. They finished the season 7 wins and 17 losses. They finished 13th, season before 14th, season after 7th same points as 8th on differential. So no improvement in 2011. 2012 was better but still I don't see how the Sharks gained anything in the season of 2011.
Who's to say the drugs didn't help them avoid running 15th or 16th?

Exactly, you can't say it did or didn't, because there is no way to really know just how much the performance was enhanced or not, which is why they are banned in all professional sport globally and anyone who is found to have used them, much less CONFESSED to it, forever has their performance during that period tainted and diminished and is often forever known as a drug cheat.

Paul Gallen is not unique, he simply joins a long list of convicted drug cheats that will now have an asterisk on their career for as long as the history books are still being written.

So to sum up this ludicrous argument: If your club doesn't finish noticeably higher on the ladder in the season(s) several members of your roster are using performance enhancing drugs, no enhancement has been gained. Is that about right?
Sure, if you're a simpleton. I guess that works for you here.
Of course, a rational grownup would look to see how the club performed before and after a change. That same adult would also see what the before and after results were for the other club under similar circumstances. Then, that person would evaluate the results and consider what the evidence shows.

Whatever, that person would probably not concern themselves with what Simple Simon came up with, after all, he's a dumb **** trying to prove a presupposition. He just doesn't know it though.

Im curious what angle your trying to play here huge?

Are you saying there should of been no punishment for those involved that admitted to using performance enhancing drugs?

Do you want fans to never question any of gallens feats?

Are we just suppose to do nothing but praise him and still consider him one of the games all time great forward?

I mean surely u can understand why the majority of nrl fans will always question gallens whole career because of this incident

I dont understand how you can expect fans to think any different. its a pretty normal response
Really? What a stupid opening question!

I'll give you a clue here. I have an greatly expanded vocabulary at my disposal combined with the ability to express my thoughts succinctly. If I wanted to say something I'd simply use my words.

One last time. My original point.
Gallen was a machine long before the events of 2011. The 6 week recovery course Dank administered had nothing to do with Gallens ability to play long minutes in much the same way as several other rugby league endurance athletes have done with Haas just the latest example.

In answer to one of your other questions, what do I expect from other fans? Nothing. Most are easily swayed and misled, most will line up behind a popular simplistic view, most don't consider an issue, most never dip below the superficial. Most fall prey to the old 'you **** just ONE goat' joke.

That clear enough?

My most sincere apologies for thinking you unable to understand, I was confused and quite frankly bamboozled by your insistence that performance-enhancing drugs aren't actually performance-enhancing. Similarly I must make amends for assuming matters of mere biochemistry could take precedence over rhetorical brilliance such as labeling an argument 'silly' and thereby negating it in one fell swoop without need to resort to such low concepts as peer-reviewed evidence, subject-matter expertise and the like. Regardless of whether known biochemistry expert and drug-cheat afficianado Huge sees evidence that taking performance-enhancing substances results in enhanced performances, the lesser minds who have to inhabit reality have seen that evidence, and have used it to draw conclusions about the appropriateness of athletes using such substances as performance-enhancers.

Convicted self-admitted drug cheat Paul "I love drug cheating" Gallen gets dosed to the eyeballs with growth-hormone releasing factors. Paul "peptide enthusiast" Gallen's body secretes, amongst other things, additional growth hormone. Paul "such a shit **** he got punching banned for everyone" Gallen's body enjoyed such benefits as healing faster and greater resilience. Ipso facto, Paul "massive bellend" Gallen is a convicted, self-admitted drug cheat who enjoyed an unfair advantage not afforded to those people who didn't have prohibited substances shot into their backside.

Any statistics about Cronulla still being a garbage team even when their players were hopped up on goofballs and bullshark testosterone are completely meaningless. Parramatta won a wooden spoon while cheating the salary cap by methods including, but not limited to, paper bags of cash in a car park. They still enjoyed an illegal advantage over the rest of the competition (except of course for the Roosters and Storm who exist on a separate plane of reality unconstrained by mere trifles such as a salary cap). Same as the Sharts and your beloved Captain Courageous, being at best bog average does not grant them an exemption from the rules applied to the rest of the competition. No matter how many paragraphs you throw at it, no matter how many ridiculous statements you make, no matter how fiercely your heart beats with love for the losingest loser to ever have lost.
well said!!!! I probably didnt understand a word though because to huge any one that disagrees with whatever dribble comes out his arse is a simpleton or whatever....if thats how he carries on in life hes either single or got a mail order bride....🙄🤢

Arguments are usually starting to fall down on BHQ when the big words come out.

That's a gargantuanly ludicrous proposal of colossal parameters, one would venture to pontificate this spurious anecdote of a comment only if one was having an epiphany based on medicinal compounds readily apparent only to aquarious creatures of the netherworld known as Cronulla.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • cento
  • pennywisealfie
  • sooticus
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.