THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
no one is getting fired, no one is quitting.

we went from bottom of the ladder to 9thísh.

you will see the walters son next year...

I get the nepotism angle...but do we really think that Ikin and DD are going to cop that? I can't see it personally.

Against Newcastle we started and finished a tackle within 2 seconds and we’re called six again for too slow.
Melbourne and Sydney showed the way the modern game is played.

Both teams gave away 13 penalties/set restarts a piece, but they didn't let it deter them. They pushed the officials the entire night and if you had vision of their off-sides their work in the ruck etc. you could easily find another 20 penalties that should have been given.

There were at least two occasions where Melbourne had Sydney on the ropes on the last play and the referee just allowed them to all over the ruck and get tangled up with the ball in hand.

Both teams gave away 13 penalties/set restarts a piece, but they didn't let it deter them. They pushed the officials the entire night and if you had vision of their off-sides their work in the ruck etc. you could easily find another 20 penalties that should have been given.

There were at least two occasions where Melbourne had Sydney on the ropes on the last play and the referee just allowed them to all over the ruck and get tangled up with the ball in hand.
The 'lesser' sides cop binnings if they pull that shit tho.

The issue the 'lesser' teams have is that they struggle to win the ruck so their infringements are far more noticeable. If a team is absolutely rolling through another team, and there is a clear second effort naturally the referee is going to respond.
I think a lack of line speed and rarely winning the first contact are our biggest problems.

We have to learn the wrestle. If we can't control ruck speed we will never compete with top sides.
Attack will come defense is paramount.
Agree, technical issues that need to be addressed but I feel it goes deeper than that.

Wayne often said after a win, that the players were 'buying in' on what he was offering and he was always happy as though this was the main goal of his coaching.

I believe the players were buying into what Kevin was offering back at the time we were winning rather than peaking. However, they then checked out. Just as though a promise was made and never kept or some other reason.

From memory this happened about the time of the Walsh signing and it remains to be seen if this upset the balance.

Only my opinion of course, but should this be the case, its clearly too late in the season for Kevin to fix it if indeed he ever can.

They push the boundarys including never playing the ball on the mark by crawling, shuffling and rolling another meter or two without being penalised.

They choke their opposition out the game. Seemingly with officialdom approval. Fast game but frustrating.

Team balance is a delicate thing. We see every year how a few missing players make a big difference to teams. It's no coincidence that we started winning once Turpin, James and Niu were gone and started losing when they came back.

I don't think it's as complicated as Kev not timing our run properly or the entire team forgetting how to defend, it just looks like they are all having to work harder because the balance is off atm.

From memory this happened about the time of the Walsh signing and it remains to be seen if this upset the balance.

Then there was the TMM fit but picked as 18th man saga .
The Gamble left right out gambit .
And the Joker in the pack Albert Kelly was due back the past cpl of weeks .

The issue the 'lesser' teams have is that they struggle to win the ruck so their infringements are far more noticeable. If a team is absolutely rolling through another team, and there is a clear second effort naturally the referee is going to respond.
I envy Melbourne’s ability to find their front, elbow and grab their way to a quick play the ball off the mark which leaves the defenders either on the ground or not square at marker. They take the markers out of the defensive line and just keep rolling up the field. In usual Melbourne style it may not be in the spirit of the game but it’s extremely effective and it’s the refs job to stop them - if they aren’t being pulled up on it then it isn’t against the rules.

I envy Melbourne’s ability to find their front, elbow and grab their way to a quick play the ball off the mark which leaves the defenders either on the ground or not square at marker. They take the markers out of the defensive line and just keep rolling up the field. In usual Melbourne style it may not be in the spirit of the game but it’s extremely effective and it’s the refs job to stop them - if they aren’t being pulled up on it then it isn’t against the rules.
Thing is if they 'get caught' moving off the mark the ref usually sends them back to the spot. Perhaps if they incurred a penalty or two they may decide to play the ball as they should.

I noticed that likes of Gamble, Paix, Willison, Piakura, Kelly & other Broncos affiliated HostPlus club members are pulled out from playing this weekend. Wonder why though?

Perhaps @1910 or someone close might share some thoughts here.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Dexter
  • mitch222
  • mystico
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.